Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment Employee Reviews

Canada125 reviews

planshiftschedulechoosepickagencyavailflexibility

Great place to work!

The recruitment team were very friendly and welcoming. I was working quickly and I love the facility I work at. The office staff are always there to support me if I need anything and I've really enjoyed my time here.

Irs ok

Its ok. U use an app to pick up shifts, have to verify with the job though because its not accurate. Would be good for a part time not full time. Stressful

Insights into Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

24hr phone support

They have somebody always ready to help/support you when needed no matter what time of the day. They also offer travel nursing which I have really enjoyed. Great agency to work with in my experience.

Pros

good wage, choose your own schedule

Cons

may not get enough shifts sometimes

Typical Agency

Don't expect too much, they operate like most agencies. They require more but don't compensate for it. Your job is not secure so I suggest having a second job!

Productive, wothful job

Highly recommended this agency. pay rate is competitive, 24/7 support service but would like to have more than one orientation. never pushed for shifts, easy to pick shifts.

Pros

pay, support

Cons

orientation support

Love the no pressure to take extra shifts

Plan A has been an amazing experience to be part of! Management has been super friendly, very informative and genuinely caring! I have never felt pressure to take a shift I didn't want to or couldn't take. Compensation for travelling to jobs away from home is very competitive, and definitely makes it worth the drive.

Pros

Travel, new homes, new people

Cons

No benefit package

Great job

Excellent to work for Ability to work at multiple locations Rewarding job with job perks Management are helpful and respond quickly to concerns Enjoy the job

Great flexibility

Plan A is a wonderful agency to work for, the management is very kind and they help motivate and encourage their staff to have a better day. Being able to pick up shifts and build your own schedule is great, especially when you are a student. It is great to have the flexibility to schedule your shifts on your own availability. They have work at a variety of different long-term care and retirement homes which is great.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Good pay! A fun place to work.

The pay is good, and you can work around your own personal schedule by picking up shifts. If you want a full time position this may not be for you. Hours are not always guaranteed.

Do not apply

Zero guarantee of shifts. You’ll receive 1 training shift and be expexted to enter any ltc homes with very little support and help. A lot of upfront cost that is NOT covered by the company (10 hrs of in office training, bi annual police check, cpr)No pension plan, zero job security. Very limited shifts available. Training shifts are paid at a reduced wage.

Not a good company to work for

If you’re looking for casual hours some extra money this is the job for you. Honestly my experience working for this company was not a good one. They do have their favourites employees, And their favourite employees do you get the first pick of shifts. And something they don’t tell you about is at any given time if the company you’re filling in for feels like they do not want to use an agency employee or they fill it internally the shift is automatically taken off. The company does not stick up for the employee very one-sided. But like I said if you really want to make some good money and pick up a few shifts here and there this is the company for you

Flexible workplace that encourages success!

A truly wonderful company to work for! Contact with management is simple and they are so reliable and always looking to help you get the most out of your employment. This job allows you to work in many facilities if that’s something that appeals to you, or, they help you find shifts at one or two homes that you’re comfortable in. Plan A fosters an inclusive and supportive environment that makes you feel supported through all of the new opportunities they grant.

Good place

I've worked here for about a year and is a great place to start if you're a single parent. Management here in sudbury are wonderful and will work with you under most cases.

Flexible scheduling and decent pay

It's a great job for students or as a second job, since it can be as casual as you want it to be. A bit slow to get started but once you are in, management takes good care of you.

Amazing benefits and flexibility

Great place to work! You can chose to work part time or full time hours and you get to pick your own hours and have a variety of Long Term Care Homes available to work from. They are always running incentives with gifts and extra pay for last minute shifts and more. The most variety and flexibility I've ever had in a workplace.

Stressful & rushed

For new hires plz be prepared for stressful and rushed work environment. Be sure to read your contract in full too as you may not be eligible for some of the reported perks. There are other more established agencies available for health care professionals that can treat you better.

Pros

Experience?

Cons

Gossipy, miscommunication

was very difficult, but rewarding at times

often difficult, hard to get along with staff at the homes. generally good management and the clients are wonderful. very communicative and willing to help you when you need it.

WONDERFUL agency to work for

I work as a PSW with Plan A and I can’t say enough things about them! They are a wonderful company to work with, I enjoy every shift I do. They are accommodating, quick at responding and nothing less than amazing!

Pros

Lots of hours usually, your own schedule and there’s incentives

Cons

No guarantee on hours

Productivity never encouraged no matter how you put in all your efforts in this organization it is never recognized.

Plan A is an agency company they are more interested in what they want to make from using you as an agency staff and more concern about their own interest your interest does not matter to them, so no matter how much strength and effort you put in it is never recognized and encouraged.

Great place to work if you can have open availability. There arnt allot of evening shifts for me but I also choose to work part time because I’m a stay at home mom. This is a great job for anyone who is a parent and need to work the opposite shifts as your husband/ wife. The hiring processes was extremely long. Over a month.

Hostile work environment, poor management, no advocacy

Management does not advocate for you when life happens. They make you feel guilty instead. The assigned LTC is a hostile environment of workers & it is easy for management to oversee what’s truly happening to their employees. Work is fast paced & once the regular employees at the LTC you work at okie that you’re working for Plan A, they give you all the work & they don’t do anything bec of the reason that I get a little bit more than them. So it’ll turn out that they give you all the dirty and heavy work. Regulars usually talk about you behind your back & there is no sense of teamwork or professional communication. They won’t pay you right for a sick day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement