Plan A Health Care Staffing Solutions

Plan A Health Care Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Supportive, flexible and approachable. Salary is fair considering nobody wants to pay what PSW's are really worth. Other perks make Plan A top the list and they give out great pens.
Pros
Perks
Cons
8 hour shifts too long running your buns off
Joined this company more than year ago and have not worked once. Anytime I have inquired when job will be available I was told "hang on tight"? Or that the region doesn't allow for RN's to be given any shifts as they "don't need RNs at this time". No communication at all from management. You must use app to book shift which was then blocked for me for no reason. You have to also pay for the app which was not discussed at all. The Mississauga PLan A switched management and no communication regarding to this. The sad thing is that you have to complete lot of documents and paperwork on your own with no pay or orientation. No respect for hired RNs and rather hiring new staff instead offering job to staff hired. Too much hassle to be hired with no jobs. They vet you as if you were to work for the Queen and then no jobs?Don't waste your time with this company PLAN A Mississauga or Halton!
Pros
Cons
NO respect for hired staff, no jobs and no communication
Management team has no heart all they care about is what’s good for them don’t consider their employees at all would not recommend Working for this company
I really enjoy my job at Plan A Simcoe. I have been with the company over a year and find its a really good balance for work/life. There are always shifts available and plenty of opportunities. Management is supportive. The only negative is the travel sometimes but that doesn't bother me. Overall satisfied with the company.
Pros
Pay, management, balance.
Cons
Travel time
The fact that you can choose your own schedule from the comfort of your home, is an amazing feature at plan A. Another great thing is there’s always communication in case you need anything, and management has always seemed professional and helpful to me. The wages are more than fair for the work you do.
Pros
Incentive to travel for work
Cons
I had worked for two other staffing agencies prior to PlanA so I thought I knew what I was getting into...boy, was I wrong! I thought I would just be taking the odd shift and not really expecting much except a pay cheque. I did not expect such a well organized, caring, supportive management and office team. They are the best agency out there!
Pros
Wage, Supportive Management, Self Scheduling
Cons
Frustrating when you are available to take a shift, but, don’t live on your phone so you miss postings.
Being able to pick your own schedule from the convenience of an app is one amazing job. You get to pick out exactly what shift, day and time you work.
Pros
Professional Management for Plan A
Cons
As a nursing student, I think Plan A is probably the best employer I’ve ever had. You get to pick your own shifts which is great if you have a busy schedule, and you can also explore different nursing homes and see where you like best! With COVID-19 I’ve only been in one nursing home but I absolutely love it. I find that there’s ALWAYS shifts available so you will never NOT have a shift. You may not have your preference of shift but the hours are there. The managers at Plan A are so chill and easy to talk to, they’re super accommodating. The pay is also great, especially for a student like myself
Pros
Great pay, last minute shift incentives, pick your own shift, nice management
Covid: full French facility while I’m only English speaking, and booked me 32 hours EVERY WEEKEND. Management told me to suck it up and no overtime.
Pros
Pay if you get overtime
Cons
Facilities abuse your time (management doesn’t care)
Official response from Plan A Health Care Staffing Solutions
17 September 2020
Thank you for communicating your concern; we value all feedback and take them very seriously. We can assure you that overtime is always closely monitored and fully compensated and the subject of overtime is covered during our policies and procedures. We also encourage communication and our team is available 24/7 for any issue our field staff may be experiencing. Although we appreciate a good conversation where we can evaluate sooner, this review will certainly allow us to learn and further assess our shifts, extra hours and last minute coverage.
Great staff and very understanding. Responsive and professional. Can Pick up shifts from an app and see what is offered well in advance. Work when you want!
Pros. Great pay. Management support Cons. No health benefits. Scheduling is not guaranteed and some management staffs are rude. Long driving hours to and from work.
Pros
Great pay. Management support
Cons
You go in, help the home from being short staffed. I’ve worked in LTC for a long time and know what it’s like to constantly work short! It’s horrible! So to be able to be on the other Side is a great feeling And much appreciate so far in my experience.
Very flexible with hours. Especially with kids I choose when to work and still make great money. Very supportive and ready to help you if anything happens. Great place!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Shifts go too fast
Excellent companies to work for,flexible work schedules. Very pleasant employers. Easy schedule and shift pick up. Would recommended this companies for employment to all
Plan A Sudbury for a personal support worker is a brilliant place to work. My biggest regret is leaving Plan A. They go above and beyond for their staff. They even paid for my schooling and offered me a full time position. I left on a bad note and regret it every day. As a new graduate i got scared and bailed, was very unprofessional and its embarrassing. They offer the best wages and you can literally chose what days you want to work through an app. They will do anything for their staff to succeed and be happy. I recommend everyone to apply at Plan a Sudbury, even if you're not in health care and you want to be, contact them and they will help you!
One of my biggest regrets is LEAVING Plan A. The staff are so nice, the pay is better than everywhere else. You can decide when to work. They even paid for my schooling and offered me full time employment. I got scared and left on a bad note. If I could go back in time, I would.
Awesome company to work for. Quick to respond, available for assistance all the time. You work in a variety of different LTC homes. Fits home life balance perfect.
This was a great learning environment, the staff and management of plan A was awesome! Some of the home could be more inclusive to plan A staff members and be more prepared when we arrive on site. This was a great job!
Pros
pay rate
Cons
travelling
Good company but send people everywhere that’s why I don’t like it I want to work one place but they are very nice and they knew how to treat people fairly
Busy day from start to end. Very helpful co-workers. Hardest part of the job is during morning care since you have to prepare all patient medications and set them up for breakfast. At the end of the day its fun since you gain lots of experience
Management shows favoritism, preference for certain employees over others. Some team members are just plain lazy at their placements doing the bare minimum at most, that reputation quickly spreads to every team member sent to that placement.It's embarrassing to be grouped with such underachievers. Don't waste your time or worse, damage your reputation by working for this franchise... yes its a franchise.