Plains Midstream Canada

Plains Midstream Canada Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Life at plains
Fast paced environment with non stop action. If you love to be prt of this type of environment then plains has it all that is fast and exciting and sometimes frustrating.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Culture is changing and is questionable
very productive and kind of fun to work for
very good company to work for, put more emphasis on safety of individuals and equipment. always have meetings of feed back and introducing new policy with the company and as well as good supervision
Not recommended
Bad industry practices, unknowledgeful staff, opinions are not welcomed, IS is a disaster, leadership encourages back-stabbing. Stock projection at $3.10. Company will soon be under.
Pros
Time-killing and get paid as long as law low.
Cons
Too many to list
Temporary lab position
Excellent team to work with, but was in a transition period while I was there so there was some negativity from long term employees, but over all I enjoyed my time here.
Basic Office Environment
Did data entry one summer and learned various aspects of the land management department. Management was supportive and always had work if you managed to finish your assigned task. Has a good workplace culture as various benefits are provided (gym, social club)
If you need a job
If you need a job it is alright, if you have a job and are looking for a change keep looking. Lots of politics and unethical practices. It is better in the field I think
Culture getting better, not a top workplace
The culture of fear is now gone, but innovation outside of the commercial department is about 15 years behind a “with-it” “moving and shaking” badass player.
Pros
Average salary, good job stability, very good benefit
Cons
Support of training and education advancement, rewarding good employees, Culture, truly executing the work from home benefit, execs and commercial get huge bonuses everyone else does not, lack of communication, aesthetic - offices dark
student position
On the second day we were asked to stay over time without being compensated for working overtime and this continued throughtout the term. Some employees stayed 8 am to 8 pm and i felt bad they could not go home to their families on time. One day, they ended up staying about 11 om at night and no sign of compensation other than a couple of flex days i believe. Everyone was so busy with the new software system, right angle, that they barely had time to guide us through anything and I alwasy found myself with questions and confusion.
Management levels are not engaged with employees
Power struggles within management. 3-4 managers / supervisors have left the company in the past 6 months along with 8 or so employees. Culture is not good. Collaboration is poor between management levels.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Very engaged, extremely supportive and all round very enjoyable work environment. There were interactive training sessions put on by subject matter experts as well as lunch and learn sessions put on by vendors to explain and expose supply chain to the fit, form and function of their materials or services. Thereby increasing supply chain’s knowledge and to add value in the procurement process.
Horrible management
Management is untrustworthy and will attack you and fire you for anything they can think of.
The culture was like a prison, heaven forbid you go to the bathroom or not answer your emails within 3 minutes...
productive work environment
It was a good work experience. i learned a lot about different parts and their purposes. i also learned how a gas plant operates and the safety procedures that are involved
Great place to work.
There are some long hour'd days but not too many. Bonuses are great and can be counted on as part of your yearly salary. Upper management has great communication with the field staff.
Pros
Learned many skills.
Cons
Occasional long hours.
enjoyed the work , and travel
some persons in the construction department giving direction to field supervisors are unqualified and not very knowledgeable about the work in the field , I'm sure they are under a lot of pressure from there supervisors , but safety is supposed to be first ,
Enjoyed every minute of it
When I worked for a sub-contractor hauling for Plains I really did enjoy my job there. At the time the dispatch could be a little testy, but with the nature of the business it is a given. Unfortunately I ended up leaving as I bidding season came up and alot of the jobs were in the middle of a bid war with competition, I got worried and ended up getting hired on to another company to be proactive, and make sure there was no lapse in work for myself. That is the only reason I left. And that I could not turn back as I already committed to another contract.
Pros
The boss at Venom Carriers was the best boss ive ever had!
Cons
Not knowing when the next job would be, and fluctuating schedule
Work, work , work
Longs days, lots of work. Great pay and benefits. Workplace culture is work hard and play when you have time. Lots of overtime with little acknowledgement.
Pros
Salary
Summer Intern
I worked as a summer intern for Plains when first out of high school. Worked there for the summers while in University, a great chance to learn the business and get intimate industry knowledge
educational environment
I learned a lot from working at plains midstream, not only was it a fun environment but it was also very educational. The shift foreman are very knowledgeable and overall very helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for plains.
good place to work
Was at mustang for almost 2 years. I worked in the afternoon and enjoyed it. The hours allowed me to have more time during the day to spend at home and get things done.
Used to Be a good place to work
New management team has came in and acted as though there involved in a hostile take over treat employees very poorly. manage and lead through bullying and fear. Advancement only occurs if you are friends with someone or apart of the new Spectra regime that has come in. Shift team leads hired have 0 experience in facility they are working in. extremely short staffed were the number of green hat employees now out numbers the experienced ones. When experienced guys have left and stated the problems management attempts to reverse it and blame them and call them troublesome. employees get written up for pathetic reasons mostly due to management seemingly not like them and for things that could be resolved with a simple friendly conversation. if you could rate this plant lower then a one for management and job culture treatement etc it now deserves 0 stars. Has a strong operational and maintenance team that has virtually given up and keeps head low now for fear of there jobs which has created alot on animosity between the teams.
Pros
Below management alot of good people. Decent Salary and good benifits.
Cons
Management, tyranny, ran with 0 respect for the average emplyee.
Solid Workplace
Great pay, job security, enjoyed benefits, ok work atmosphere, opportunities, at times long hours, immediate managers great, a lot of shuffling with upper mgmt
Pros
Pay