Placement Group People Bank Employee Reviews

Difficult to fit in, not much training
Materials Management Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 April 2018
A job placement from an outside source, after being hired not much training was given to be able to do the job at the best possible level of skills. As this was over 8 years workplace training might have improved since working there.
summary of job placement etc.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 December 2016
I enjoyed the learning I acquired in this job. This company was owned by 3M and they changed their name to not get caught as the pay was significantly less than their regular workers. We had no benefits or pension plan . They didnt even cover the cost of the workboots or anything else we needed to work there. The full time employees that I worked with even felt this wasn't fair as we were doing the same job as them but only receiving half the pay with no benefits. There is little to no chance of getting full time in this place.
Good work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  city of london ontario28 March 2016
It was an experience I learned a lot about my great employers and employees . Fast paced experience great co workers helped out tremendously.
Pros
great boss
Cons
No overtime
Unethical (Talentcor)|
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Talentcor(Ottawa)6 February 2015
Liars, who say anything to get you to accept a job. Then you find they sold you down the river and all they do is stand behind a clause tucked away in a paragraph on a page of the "handbook". Unethical and destroyers of people's fincancial well-being. Do not trust these people. They do not care about you and are completely unethical. Look after yourself first.
Great People to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2014
Typical day is not the word, these people were awesome to work for. My contracts were not the longest but I was rarely off or out of work if I was it would only be a few days. They have given me most of my experience, working contracts for them were not only hard, but I learned a lot from them.
Pros
Always on the go
Cons
Contracts ended to quickly
Good work place.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2014
Good work place. This was an internship after my Business Management degree. Very nice team of work.
so so
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2014
Great place to work for but the pay is not at all good!!

Great work place culture. There's always something going on to bring the employees together
Pros
Great work place culture
Cons
low paying job considering it's one of the most successflul privately owned company
No, its fun working with the Peple'Bank
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2014
I was assigned to work with Davis & Henderson, everything is OK with People's Bank
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
8 hrs. working
temporary employee
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON10 May 2014
went job to job and did the job asked of me labourer position quality control and helped people on the line
Pros
it was a job
Cons
wasn't consistent and to much travailing
People Bank is Blah
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2013
Would not pick this agency to work with again. Had a couple good placements with them but overall they were weak and there are much better agencies out there. They are okay, not great, not the worst.
Amin. Secretary
Admin. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto (Bay & Richmond)20 November 2013
During my years with the People Bank I was placed in quite a few different office environments;

I was placed in a banking environment, the Rent Review Hearing Board, which turned into a permanent position; and several other working environments. There office at the time was on Eglinton Avenue. I always found the staff at the People Bank to be amicable.

Working as a temp a typical day would change from assignment to assignment. as well as your co-workers. The hardest part would be if you were on a long term assignment and you made friends was leaving when the assignment was over.

I gained most of skills working as temp over the years as I was always going into a different environment.
Pros
Working at Dundee I learned quite a bit about commercial leasing
Cons
The working environment was not the best.
job seeker
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 May 2013
Recruiters hardly ever contact job seekers, when they do, they often say the positions are already filled. So unfair.
Pros
temp agency
Cons
insufficient communication and job opportunities
Staff are very unethical
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Souithern Ontario1 May 2013
Good people turned away for work.
People put into dangerous working environments.
Staff not providing adequate information about assignments which often lead to loss of EI or social welfare benefits thru no fault of their own.

Hard working people trying to make a living during tough economic times referred to as "bodies"

Cons
Very poor management in Southern Ontario!
Kind, respectful, and caring recruiters
Secretary (External TESA)/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2013
My recruiter and the other staff have gone out of their way to know me and listen to me. They take the time to place you in the right fitting position.
disgusting
parking (Current Employee) –  winnipeg mb1 April 2013
This place can't even get a simple pay cheque correct and when they say we will call back to let ya know they don't. This happens to about 75% of the parking guys that make money for the city
Great Agency to work for
General Office Clerk Plus (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2013
I was given many hours and long term assignments. Great company!
Cons
no benefits
Loved working through People Bank!
Corrugator Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2013
my job at 3m was amazing but it was 40 hour weeks and i am now a single mom so im looking for part time! People bank was very easy to get in touch with and very nice.
Not a bad experience
General Labourer/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON16 February 2013
I enjoyed the management and the work, I would work for them again.
The work was varied but enjoyed most of the work i was sent to.
Pros
good amount of work
Cons
never on a bus route
productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2013
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing applications from borrowers. This was done to ensure there aren't any errors on the applications to hinder their application process
People Bank
Data Entry/Contract Processing (Former Employee) –  Guelph, Ontario23 January 2013
Typical day would be making contracts, up-dating file information both electronically and paper, scanning, photocopying all confidential information for our providers. My supervisor was very nice and welcoming and my co-workers were very friendly and there to lend a hand. The hardest part of my job is leaving because the contract is up and work has slowed down. I am sad to leave. The most enjoyable part was the friendly people I worked with and the experience I gained.
Pros
experience
Cons
short term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Placement Group People Bank. Our community is ready to answer.