Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

easy work
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2019
I had to help customers with their choice of Pizza toppings. Make sure that restaurants made orders clear and also contact with drivers for more info on deliveries
It was good learning experience being as a cashier at pizza pizza
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2019
I was on training for like a week and it was really great and productive experience since i always wanted to learn customer service skills and i found a perfect start for that, so overall i was happy getting trained at pizza pizza...
Un bon travail pour étudiant même si les horaires sont parfois compliqués
CUSTOMER SERIVCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2019
Bien que le travail en lui même est simple et que l'équipe nous aide dans nos tâches, l'emplacement du centre à Ottawa combiné avec les horaires peuvent rendre les choses compliqués. Je le recommande pour des étudiants non dérangés par le lieu.
Pros
Café gratuit, travail simple et intéressant
Cons
Lieu éloigné
Horrible company culture and management doesn't care
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2019
I've had experience with two locations now, and neither of them was positive. The culture within this company is simple: squeeze as much out of your minimum-wage employees as possible. On a regular basis, the working conditions were extreme, causing dehydration and heat sickness in many of our employees. The laws for breaks were also not consistently followed, and any questions raised about this would get you in trouble. I was asked to become a driver for road-trips, but when I asked about compensation for this task, the question was ignored, and I was no longer offered this opportunity. More recently, I applied to work at a second location, and was asked to be a delivery driver. They wanted me to use my own vehicle, and were offering to pay $8/hour in cash at the end of each shift (the minimum wage here is $14/hour). This seems extremely sketchy, even by their standards as a company! If at all possible, AVOID THEM.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Violates employment standards, horrible pay
Really good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2019
Loved it. It was a really fantastic work environment. Lots of friendly people and lots of fun. Family environment amongst the team and there was a lot of learn.
Not a great place for part-time workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 January 2019
Part-time working here means pretty much constant pressure to do 12+hour jobs for the late night shifts (i.e. to 2-3am in the morning, 4am on holidays.)

They page minimum wage and they do not ever give raises. They have a high turnover rate for their part-timers, so you are treated as pretty much disposable.
Pros
No real pros.
Cons
Long hours.
Do not work here
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 August 2018
Would not suggest working here, they had a "hiccup" with payroll, my pay was not given to me.
Despite calling head office and being told that there were no issues and my pay should be in my account it must be a bank issue..
I called my bank only to find d out that Pizza Pizza payroll dept messed up and didnt issue my pay..
I'm still waiting for this to be rectified.
My DM said that they would "send a cheque via Fed Ex"
I know cooking and customer service
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2018
I make pizza with in 2 minutes. Rush time I take care customer service. I know computer service. I know how to take care holo store. I also work Indian restaurant
Pros
I already happy customer. And always customer right 1st priorities
Cons
I work full time like 9am-6 pm
Typical day
( Calling Center) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 January 2018
A typical day resembles like constant inbound and outbound calls, dealing with hungry customers and as well making orders.
Dealing with situation were critical thinking is required.
great
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2018
Obtain client information by answering telephone calls, verifying their orders. Inform clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information. Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
very fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 September 2017
a typical day at work would start off really quiet then get really busy around supper time for few hours and rushing to make sure that everyone gets their orders on time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
n/a
it was nice
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 August 2017
its a fun job but te work hours are too much but the training is good but the work house are a lot. Th ood thing i sthat you are hired part time but you et a lot of work hours
Pros
people ar ereally there for you
Cons
the work hours
hard work with short hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
I have enjoyed working with pizza pizza because it was the first time for me to work in Canada,but it was a very work hard especially when you take the orders by phone ,and talking with people at the same time.
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
short hours
call centre for pizza pizza
answered phones (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
I work from home taking calls for Pizza pizza. i work on commission and set my own hours. My basic job is to answer phones, take orders. for example persons name telephone number. if its pick up or delivery. Get correct address weather its pick up or delivery. Take customers order. conform total and method of payment. All in a polite mannor
Pizza Pizza
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2016
My teenage years it was fun working for pizza pizza. Low minimum wage job but it was a hard fast pacing job. You Must Know The Map area and get there before 40 mins or its free. Good experience!
Cons
48 hours per week at least
working at pizza pizza
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2016
A normal day at work is working together with all your employees as a team, never slacking off, work as efficiently as possible, when done all of my work find other things to do to help the company such as cleaning, organizing, helping out, and so much more. The hardest part is when my boss is not reliable and tells me to work days I'm not suppose to. I still work when he asks me too but telling me a few days in advance is better than telling me the day before or on that day. the most enjoyable part is when i can cooperate with my employees and having customers leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
reliable supervisors/ boss. Sticking with the schedule givin
Cons
working for more than 7 hours
Productive workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2016
Its always busy and i have learnt to work in a fast paced environment. I have no problem with the management and workers at all. The hardest part of the job is the heat in the kitchen lol and the most enjoyable part of the job are the summer road trips.
Good and pleasant environment to work in.
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2016
Pizza pizza encourages hard working workers the more work put in the more you are recognized, this is the type of environment I enjoy and would like to work in.
Being fun in working in a working environment.
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  1779 Carling Avenue. Ottawa, ON27 March 2016
A good apart time job. Maintaining a good working environment, keeping a smile on face and treating customers not only on deliveries but also on in store cash are the keys for a healthy job. Had fun working from last 1 year and would recommend others if you are a student than this job can fit with your studying scapulae.
Pros
One time meal free.
Cons
Unable to take a day off if less staff or unless someone else agrees to cover your shift.
Enjoying what I am doing, that is the most important.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2016
I have learned a hardworking skills and how to work in groups to get job done in time. I can managed the things very easily in proper way. moreover, The most important part in I am enjoying my work and love to do more hardest job in my life.
Pros
I'll become more active towards my work.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Pizza Limited. Our community is ready to answer.