Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
I worked here for two years and though it is a fun work surrounding, you occasionally are forced to work 14-hour shifts with insufficient break time. However, the management was excellent and was very understanding about school and work balance. The hardest part of the job were the long hours but the work environment was very enjoyable with great co workers
Pros
great co workers
Cons
very long hours
Not accepting workplace, horrible management, controlling and disrespectful, non-reasonable CEO staff.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON11 June 2018
A typical day at work was okay, get to work, start orders, clean up, make sure everything's working. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers / being accused by management a few times when they thought I had did something wrong when I didn't and being fired by them when I've done nothing wrong. I learned how to properly deal with upset customers calmly and professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job in my opinion was being able to make the customers happy when they received their orders on time, in a professional manner and was greeted by me smiling because it made me feel good that I did a good job and made them happy.
fun place to work with fun people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 June 2018
Although some management seems to prefer a specific personality, the company strives for diversity and very much cares about their people. I worked at the Austin office where there was free food and drinks. The salary is lower than other top companies, but the benefits and culture are amazing.
Pros
free food
Cons
crowded work place
Like a prison
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2018
A toxic work environment is any that makes you feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, or undervalued. This can range from all out bullying, screaming and talked down to, to more subtle forms of poor communication, setting people up for failure, mismanagement and an air of hostility. It can come from your boss, your peers, your juniors and even your clients. No one should ever have to work in an environment that causes your stomach to go in quivers but the unfortunate reality is it's more normal than we'd prefer. Often professionals 'accept it' as is, which can do more harm for you in the long-run, both professionally and also personally
good
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2019
good job if your good at talking and dont mind being patience, the work culture is good and so is the management, i learn alot of good things there, its very enjoyable because its good
productive and interesting workplace.
FOOD HANDLER AND DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON16 July 2018
Its an excellent place to work and explore our capability and responsibility skills. i personally learned a lot at this place.Everything about this place is perfect including their management, culture nd even the environment. The best part of this place and job is that it teaches us about teamwork.
Pizza Pizza offers a fast-pace environment
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  585 steels avenue west, Brampton, ON10 July 2018
Pizza Pizza is totally customer oriented organization. manager needs to do multiple jobs such as inventory management, to deal with customer complaints and to take care of quality and time as pizza has a limited time for deliveries and pick-up orders.
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours about 14- 16 hours a day
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 October 2018
The managers were very uptight about every particular thing. Often got mad at customers who expressed concern with their orders. They put me on a 6 month “probation” period just to get away with paying me less than minimum wage($8.50). Overall bad experience with the management. Glad I left.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
No flexibility with schedule, Management was unprofessional and rude to customers
Fun work place with nice people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 December 2018
I liked working at Pizza Pizza with the friendly working environment and being surrounded by good people. But I believe the hours could have been more flexible so employees can have a balance between life outside of work. Overall, I loved working at Pizza Pizza
Pros
friendly work environment
Hardest Job I've Ever Worked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2018
The pay is pretty decent, more than minimum wage. Lots of room for promotion, and moving up in the company. I went from order taker, to customer service, to catering within 4 months.

Be prepared to work until 2am when starting, and no holidays off.

I could only stand working here for 6 months. I had some great employees, but some management/supervisors made me feel so awful.
It's shocking how terrible some customers can make you feel over something as small as pizza. I currently work with drug addicts, and pizza pizza customers made me feel worse and made me cry more than the addicts do.

The particular office that I was working in also had bed bugs, and did not inform us for months.
Pros
lots of incentive programs, contests
Cons
hours
heated up pizza slices. maintained the overall cleanliness of the restaraunt
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 October 2018
I would get there 15 minutes before i started my shift. Usaully 30 minutes after my shift cleaning. Giving people good specials so they're whole family can be full without busting the bank.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
Best place to work
Supervisor and cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 November 2018
Good management, gave customers unique experience , loyal customers get local discounts and all the customers are happy with the food and very good service and team work done by the employees
Could have been such a great place to work...
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2018
Worked front cash. I enjoyed greeting customers and making them smile, However training was nonexistent, getting screamed at for making mistakes was a daily occurance, and experienced staff refused to help when needed. Always understaffed too, so the cashier had to cook and do cash while the cook ran around frantically trying to get the deliveries out. Manager was cold and unfriendly. At least the customers were nice.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No training whatsoever
Fun and helpful
Cashier and Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON14 September 2018
Pizza Pizza was a great work experience. It really helped with my communication skills especially with tourists. Its a fun workplace and it has a very chill environment.
Cons
great place to work and grow.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2018
Great people to work with. All the help is provided. Your never felt alone. inventory is delivered four times a week which allows you to always serve fresh foods
Pros
Great pay
Friendly environment to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 August 2018
It was a great place to work but some personal reason i left the job.I had some family issue .Only for that reason i left the job.I learned a lot there. management was good .
fasgasga
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 November 2018
Objective: At the end of training, participants will be able to effectively develop a strategic negotiation plan, as a team, that outlines their preferable outcomes in 5 different sections within a collective bargaining agreement, based on the facts of the case. Moreover, participants will be able to effectively communicate their strategy with the opposition, listen to the oppositions demands, and work towards a desired mutual settlement.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people. The work culture is really nice in this company. I have developed an impressive interpersonal skill through this job
Another one of those good beginner jobs
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 July 2018
It does teach you some good management skills and communication is also a must with this job, good luck with the customers! And if you're boss was as nice as mine was and if your customers were as nice as mine were, you get free pizza and have lots of fun interacting and working!
Difficult but interesting.
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, ON16 November 2018
A person with no cooking experience will obviously feel nervous to handle a typical weekend busy kitchen. The only thing I can say about this workplace is no matter how difficult your job is they have solutions and tricks to motivate you. You will not realize that you are serving hundreds of customers very efficiently if you follow their techniques.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Pizza Limited. Our community is ready to answer.