PIZZA NOVA

PIZZA NOVA Management reviews

Canada114 reviews
its a fast paced environment and the wage is fair for an entry level work. During weekends it gets very busy but the management system is nice and team members are hard working.
At one point I really enjoyed working at Pizza Nova, but over time the owner/managers(OM) true colours became visible. They would come in drunk with friends to make food, leaving the mess for the staff to clean up. They would inappropriately "spank" staff and make lewd comments. They would bring in "volunteers" to avoid having to pay the employees. The drama was out of control
it is a very busy environment so it requires a lot of customer service experience. while working in pizza nova I was able to maximize my customer service skills and learned management skills.
The organisation is god to work for
students and the part time people

best for the people to work from home.

Good management and people
there all good benfits for health and everything
Got hired for an at home position and ended up staying there for months. When they initially told me id only be there for 4-6 weeks. Management sucks and everyone is on a power trip. I had a manager yell at me for something MINOR when I have heard people on the phone speak to customers worse and get away with it. They're selective on who they favour. There is a no smoking sign in front the door yet people still smoke right by the door. This place stinks of cigarettes because literally everyone smokes. At least twice a month they hire at least 10 people... that in itself should tell you something about working for pizza nova as an operator. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a creep manager who would never stop looking at me and it sucked because I couldnt say anything.
Pros
free lunch on fridays, easy job
Cons
can be stressful, management sucks, no growth
If you do not need breaks, time off and/or decent pay then this place is for you! The Pizza Nova location I was working at had failed at several things.

- store management
- punctuality
- salary

- AND ACTUALLY MAKING PIZZA THAT WAS COOKED PROPERLY!
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Long Hours & Limited staff members.
I learned
- Time management
- Customer service
- Learned who to deal with different customers

- My co-workers were very friendly and helpful people

- Managers were very friendly and helpful and give me a lot of suggestion about workplace and customers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Negative work environment as stress is taken out on employees during the rush. Unwilling to train, very quick to dismiss people or cut hours as training is seen as a waste of time. Lots of trashing employees behind their backs.
Pros
Free slice every shift and 30% discount
Cons
Unprofessional, inconsistent hours
fun workplace for when your in school. they will work around your
school schedual.
management is very easy to talk to. very easy going. stressful when it is busy, but its very easy to manage and get through the day
Pros
interactive people
Cons
only one day of the year they are closed
Worked full-time weekends at take-out as cashier, was either insanely busy or extremely slow. Great staff, good management, fairly easy going job and straight forward. Enjoyed my time there, a good first year of uni job to have.
Pros
Set schedule every week
Cons
Some busy Sundays went without break during 8hr shift
Was a good place to work and making pizza's is fun. we use to stretch and spread sauce and cheese place toppings and stuff....The management was bit rough to us but I'm able to take the constructive criticism to improve myself.
On the first day at working at pizza nova I got called an idiot because I forgot to button 1 button on my shirt! I worked there for 2 months and constantly got blamed for stuff that I did not do wrong. the manager is a very nice guy and I liked him as a boss but the workers that he hired are just rude and stuck up.
They hire the telephone agents on a commission basis only at 3% of every order they process.. Typical day at work would taking a lot of calls to make a non decent pay at the end of the week. The management is great and very supportive though. Hardest part of the job is making sure you get enough orders and upselling your order to make that extra .50cents..

Suggestion.. Guarantee a weekly salary and pay bonuses depending on the amount of orders processed.
Cons
Too many
I still work there full time, I love my job, but I'm looking to expand my experience and utilize my qualities.

management is amazing, they treat you like family.
Working at Pizza Nova can be fun for people who aren't in school and are just looking for a quick buck. However, although this job is basically just sitting, it is always busy. So you must work quickly.There isn't any room for growth except a $0.25 increase once in your hourly salary. I wouldn't recommend this job for anyone who likes growth or has a very active life outside of work. This job is very demanding when it comes to how many hours you work. At least 24 hours is required per week and shifts usually start at around 4pm or 5pm. The company is very strict with who works at a certain time but is very lenient with shifts being swapped. This job is fun and is a learning experience but the hours and the minimal tolerance with sick/personal days makes the job dreadful.
Pros
Lunch discount, fun environment, some great people on the management team
Cons
Long hours, always busy, no room for growth
Cubicles and ringing phones are standard within a call centre and Pizza Nova Ltd.'s call centre was no different the fortunate part is, everyone generally got along and the atmosphere was friendly, relaxed and managers were inviting and open for recommendations.

I have learned that good communication between management and front line staff is key to maintain openness and a positiLatve relationship.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
greatest management ever
they know the business very well
disciplined

hard-working

products are reputable

customer focused

home-base jobs that you can retire with
Pros
this job has no recession at all
Cons
holiday and event orders making line-ups of complaints
This is a typical family run business, all decisions made at the top. No true autonomy given to senior management.

Co-workers are great people.
Pros
Free Friday lunches
Cons
No true autonomy given to senior management
Very fast paced and busy. Same thing different day. I learned various customer service skills. Management was all good except for the one manager trying to cut paychecks. Co workers all very friendly and supportive. Hardest part of the job was how busy it got and that also was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Busy. Co workers.
Cons
No breaks. No backup
everyday Id have to go in early to check and see if had to do prep or pull dough after id have to start making slices worked through lunch rush and dinner rush bout 9-10 hours a day. what I learned was time management, customer service , inventory and multi tasking. my co workers ive worked with quite abit ive seen many drivers and the cooks I worked with 4 other guys never really fought much but we were like an well oiled machine. hardest part of the job was salty customers who would yell and make some lie to get free food and if u couldn't find any records of their order they tried to make it seem like it was ur fault. the most enjoyable part of the job was the food and smell love eating pizza and love walking to work and when u get in smell of fresh pizza
Pros
free food, good people
Cons
open most holidays
A typical day includes being seated while taking customer orders over the telephone. The management was good, fair, and serious about the company.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
working weekends was mandatory