PIZZA NOVA Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere, work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
Work from home offers flexibility within your schedule and convenient employee work/life balance.

Day starts at approximately 10 a.m. and work is slow until lunch lunch at about noon. Ideal work from home hours to make the most commission is between dinner (5 p.m.) and midnight during the weekdays, or closing hours on the weekend.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very useful and fun Part-time job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON19 November 2018
I worked here for just three months during the summer of 2017. This was a very fun job considering the fact that it was my really close friends fathers shop.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
distance from my house (Richmond Hill)
Productivity at Pizza Nova
Cashier (Former Employee) –  2264 Dundas St W15 November 2018
Coming Into work, I would wash my hands, put on my uniform and check out how administrative parts of the job is going well. after that I would help prepare the topics as well as make sure we have everything we need to be successful for the day. I cashed people out and when it wasn't busy, I would help with cooking the sides and sometimes with the actually pizza's. I would answer phone calls for the head office when an order was missed or it was wrong and I would try my best to deal with it. This job has taught me to multitask and to gain customer services skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Can become hot
Fun workolace, with family atmospher,and Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
I learned
- Time management
- Customer service
- Learned who to deal with different customers
- My co-workers were very friendly and helpful people
- Managers were very friendly and helpful and give me a lot of suggestion about workplace and customers
Pros
Free lunch
its okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2018
The work is fine but their is no job security here they fire and hire people every week other then that you barley get the 15 minutes break like most places do its just work.
Pros
free pizza slice
Cons
no security
Too much to do for the pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2018
Easy job but it enquirerd long hard work for little pay. Pretty much did all the grunt work for the shop, clean, dishes, food prep, garbage, make boxes and all for $7 an hour. Hard to know who the bosses were as everyone up front who cooked was pretty much the boss and told you what to do. Very unpleasant place to work minus the drivers in the back who are great to work with.
Pros
Driving is good
Cons
Long hours and very hard work for very little pay.
Very poor management style
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 July 2018
Negative work environment as stress is taken out on employees during the rush. Unwilling to train, very quick to dismiss people or cut hours as training is seen as a waste of time. Lots of trashing employees behind their backs.
Pros
Free slice every shift and 30% discount
Cons
Unprofessional, inconsistent hours
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
fun workplace for when your in school. they will work around your
school schedual. management is very easy to talk to. very easy going. stressful when it is busy, but its very easy to manage and get through the day
Pros
interactive people
Cons
only one day of the year they are closed
Weekend work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 June 2018
Worked full-time weekends at take-out as cashier, was either insanely busy or extremely slow. Great staff, good management, fairly easy going job and straight forward. Enjoyed my time there, a good first year of uni job to have.
Pros
Set schedule every week
Cons
Some busy Sundays went without break during 8hr shift
pizza nova review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 May 2018
good environment, needed higher wage so i had to get a new job. it was convenient that it was close by mt house, but i was willing to go further for a higher wage.
Pros
close by
Cons
heat
Is a cool and healthy environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
Was a good place to work and making pizza's is fun. we use to stretch and spread sauce and cheese place toppings and stuff....The management was bit rough to us but I'm able to take the constructive criticism to improve myself.
Great scenery and employment benifits
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2018
This place was very nice and helpful. I had much fun working on peoples orders for their meals.Pizza Nova is a well balanced team who are helpful with dealing with customers orders. I don't mind going back their to work.
Rude workers
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON12 May 2018
On the first day at working at pizza nova I got called an idiot because I forgot to button 1 button on my shirt! I worked there for 2 months and constantly got blamed for stuff that I did not do wrong. the manager is a very nice guy and I liked him as a boss but the workers that he hired are just rude and stuck up.
At home order taker
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 May 2018
It was a great company to work for your able to work from home got paid every week which was good and you're able to work all day set your own hours and still have time for family which was a good accomplishment for me
improved my work ethics
Cook (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 April 2018
everyday at work felt like a first day of work, with same excitement and friendly work place where you learn something new everyday.very well organised place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON12 April 2018
Staff are good enjoyable place to work great for a part time job always meeting different people Can be a fun place I started as a cahier then worked my way up to cook
Pros
flexable hrs
Cons
turn over of staff
it is very fun working with people in store 6 of Pizza Nova
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 March 2018
working in pizza Nove was a very fun time and I liked working with the boss and its people. Sometimes when its busy there are only two people working and it would be very hard working.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not that much people working in busy time.
A great place to work very nice people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON7 March 2018
I loved every minute of working there. It was pretty hard to balance a social life. The people I worked with were awesome and the job was very easy and paid well.
Pros
Nearly unlimited free food and great wages and great people
Cons
The hours are late, In my case I would work some 17 hour shifts and sometimes would work 7 days a week
alright
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2018
, the people i work with are nice and are hard workers. the thing that stresses me out is that i get less than Student minimum wage. the mangement is alright
Pros
co wokers
Cons
wage
Summary
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
This job is good but if you work here you will not have a life. I worked here I liked everyone that I worked with. Its just way too long hours and my weekend would be taken away. If you really wanna be occupied and not go outside for the weekend this is the perfect job.