Pizza Hut Employee Review

inner city unit
manager (Former Employee) –  oakland cal20 July 2012
i was given the keys to the front door and made manager because they had a shortage of managers during which my store routinely was rated number 1 each month 2 years later i was demoted because i had not gone thru their manager classes even tho the district manager tried to keep me on the first 100+ days i was there 7 days a week 3 days open to close because i had no one else in charge just 1 part time shift manager. i had a lot of Vietnamese drivers simply because no one else with a car would stay for yhat low of pay. my hands were tied as is the case with all large chain fast food restaurants and could not give a half way descent raise to hard workers . the best thing i did while at the job was to give advice to a African American low income struck living in the ghetto woman who had just graduated and she took it and was able to get a good job that i could not offer
Pros
easy to get job
Cons
no benefits

Other Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Unfortunately co workers were rude and we not taught how to work in a multicultural environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 April 2018
At first I thought it would be a rewarded position, however, staff were uncooperative and rude. They were not sensitive to the multicultural environment and that forced me to leave .
Pros
Pizza !
Cons
poor co-workers
Not enjoyable, but the employees and management are friendly.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 April 2018
The job itself is not pleasant, but the Team is wonderful and the customers are friendly if they get what they want. Unfortunately, employees come and go so people are not usually there for very long before they quit due to the high stress level involved.
Pros
Discounts, very willing to negotiate days off and days you want to be scheduled.
Cons
The food industry sucks no matter where you work within it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K