Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Driver = low pay, Super easy job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 June 2018
As a driver .. after car expenses.. you can expect to make far below minimum wage.
Other than pay.. the work conditions are very ideal, and easy work.
deliver pizza
Supervisor/Delivery Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2018
as a pizza delivery person, it was my job to deliver pizzas to customers in a timely manner. Order accuracy was also important, as i had to ensure the right order was going to the right house.
Some day it was busy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 May 2018
It was a ok job for delivery driving but there was a lot of mistakes in the orders and customers were sometimes unable to understand why you might be late for deliveries
Pros
Had cash on hand
Cons
Not enough pay per deliveries
Deliveries at Pizza Hut
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Loach's rd Sudbury23 April 2018
Great people and a great place to work. Ever changing employees, so you can meet a lot of new people. Use of own vehicle. Hired as a delivery driver however learned many different positions.
Pros
Good People
DELIVERY BOY (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2018
I applied to this job, having no experience in work not family related in some way. I had never had to work with more then one or two people before this, so it took some adjusting.

All of my team members were very kind and quick to help me if I had a question about the job. I doubt I would have enjoyed the job as much without those people their.
great people worked here ay the time i worked here it was great fast and on time. it was over 1r years ago thay i worked here so i dont remember to much abput my experience was a fun workplace with lots of position options, sadly the location I was employed at shut down. Otherwise I had great co-workers and loved the enviroment.
There is lot of politics going in the Whitecourt Pizza Hut store. Management needs to be changed if the franchise needs to maintain the Pizza Hut standard. There is lot of in store bluff going on which the owners also don't know about it. Pizza Hut standards are not at all looked into sometimes.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Good country
its poor
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  coquitlam bc9 March 2018
i usevto work for them but i would never wanna work their again i don like it at all i was a delivery drivery but they make you do extra work cleaning .
Fast food
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2018
Typical service industry job very easy majority of the time super slow sometimes. It's just another minimum wage job for a student or someone in high school.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Service industry
good money but bad hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON23 January 2018
It got tiring having to work 5 nights a week until 11-12pm, however I made good money, and the job itself was actually pretty good, if you enjoy driving around town, listening to music, and the smell of pizza.
Pros
good money for an easy job
Cons
late nights
part time job
2 year in pizza delivery (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 January 2018
I just want work.so it doesnt matter what type of work is that.Because my mother is sick so i really need a job.even i am a student in cnc collage.But still i need a work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A fun environment to work for and great benefits
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK11 December 2017
Delivery Driving Experience
Meeting New People
Staff Discount
All Around Great Place To Work For
Uniform provided
Great people to work with
Follow company policies
safe work practices and procedures
Pros
Free Lunches and Drinks
Cons
Hospitality Experience
Not a good place for a driver to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC4 December 2017
The pay was terrible and a portion of a driver's shift was not paid, but was forced to make pizza boxes for free or be sent home. The delivery area was about 15 times larger than average for fast food delivery. Drivers were told to drive safe but store management would indirectly and strongly hint the opposite. For example, driving in bicycle lanes during heavy traffic and erratic lane hopping.
Pros
One canned soft drink per day for free
Cons
Drivers were independent contractors but treated like employees instead, only without an employee's base salary
Very good to work for this franchise
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2017
I have worked for Pizza Hut Castledowns Edmonton , Ab for 10 years until a new Store Manager came on then elimated all drivers with the exception of the day time driver. The new manager was some what prejudice to dedicated drivers that were with this location for years .
Pros
Staff discount on food orders when on duty.
Cons
N/a
Fun, engaging workplace with good staff and relaxed atmosphere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 August 2017
The typical day involved driving to customer's homes with their orders, completing the transaction, and returning to the store. The management always took care of the drivers and other staff and the work environment was cordial and relaxed while still being very productive.
In another life maybe
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 August 2017
- You're treated as a freelancer, and paid accordingly, with NO chance of of a "raise" (4.25 per delivery is hilarious, considering the price hike coming)

-You get trashed by customers you deliver to because the kitchen staff is too busy gossiping to make sure orders are accurate

- Like 3 or 4 good staff total.. they got double digit employees, so that's not a good look

- They do very little to adjust scheduling, so this job is for children, not people with families, or any form of a social life

- Most of the equipment is breaking down on a regular basis, usually the wing fryer, so customer unsatisfaction is a regular occurence

- Are often asked to do more than required workload due to lazy kitchen staff

- Often get to hear 18-22 yr olds outside of work escapades in front of customers. Not awkward at all.

- If you're an african minority, prepare yourself for tons of racial jokes from unknowingly ignorant co-workers

- The pay is garbage considering how vast the covering area is (Valley East, Blezzard Valley, Hanmer, Capreol) as the aread consists mostly of highways, making each drive at least a 5-10 min minimum. So unless you REALLY enjoy driving, give this a HARD PASS.
Pros
Gab, Keeda, Madison, Destiny
Cons
Literally everything else
Bad place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
Pizza hut doesn't hire you as an employee. They make you sign a contract as a free lancer with compensation for each delivery.

When I worked there, they were paying 2,80$ per delivery. And during a typical 4 hours shift you could expect to make about 8-12 delivery since the restaurant was not really busy. So overall you are working at a rate if 4,80$-8,40$/hour before tips. This doesn't even cover your car expenses. Tips are ok, but since you are making so few deliveries, overall you are not making any money. Average tips was 2,50$ so you are looking at about 25$ tips for the evening.

I would not recommend working there to anyone. All you will do is work way bellow the minimum salary.
Pros
Cons
Exploitative salary
Enjoyed meeting many people.
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 August 2017
Pizza Hut treats their pizza delivery people well. Learning maps is good experience. Talking to people all different ages is good experience. Calming people down about various things is good experience.
Pros
Tips
Cons
on call
Great staff made environment pleasant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
It was fun working with Pizza Hut. I enjoyed the fasted paced environment because it was always keeping me on my toes. Met a lot of people and learned to connect with customers within a small period of time. The management was very understanding when it came to the employees personal lives and schooling.
Pros
Works flies by because of fast paced environment
Cons
there is no opportunity to grow further as an individual
Fun and Professional
Part-time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 February 2017
The atmosphere was fun and lively and during peak hours we worked together effectively to provide customers with fast, friendly and dependable service.
Fun Job, Good boss
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON7 February 2017
Fun job, great boss. Unfortunately the shift manager was an emotional twatnugget who let misguided personal feelings be the result of me no longer working there. bygones.
Pros
Fun job, nice environment
Cons
piece work, shift manager was a filthy c u next tuesday..
not a good work environment
Delivery Driver, Hostess, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 January 2017
Was happy doing deliveries because then I would not have to stay in an extremely badly managed work environment. No communication whatsoever. I blame the the experience and competency of the management staff however and not the employees.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poorly run

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K