Pizza Hut

Canada78 reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,113 reviews
pizzafooddoughfreerestaurantdeliveryshiftdish

They make pizza

They make cheap pizza. I eat it. Lots of tips. Hours are long. They give you a uniform. Employee discounts on pizza is definitely a plus. I enjoyed my time there but I had to move on and make more.

Fun place to work at depending on management

Low pay as a driver but flexible scheduling dependant on manager. Depending on crew place can be good or bad. Pizza hut is going implementing more 3rd party companies to make deliveries so in the future being a delivery driver will be tough

Positive Environment, poor wage, no Benefits

Overall was a good experience with friendly and helpful staff, all working together. Was required to wash dishes and fold boxes when not delivering. Only paid $10/h + tips with no compensation for gas or mileage; some days made $24/h, other days didn’t make minimum wage and was told by management to contact Pizza Hut directly to make up the difference. Considered self-employed and, as such, are not given a tax slip; as a student, it was a pain to deal with.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly staff

Cons

Poor pay, Poor Management

Could be a better place with better management

Driver at Pizza Hut in Wasaga Beach location. Ok job but the base rate is only 10.50. Which I think is low as you are expected to make difference with tips. And because they charge a delivery fee that drivers don’t see, most people don’t tip. Management expects a lot out of certain drivers, and allows others to walk all over them with no punishment, which makes a toxic environment. Drivers showing up to work drunk or high, some yelling at management and other workers always makes for a fun day. Could be a good place if management got rid of the bad apples and paid a little more for base rate. And listened to the concerns drivers have when problem arise.

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Weird hours, low pay for what is expected, toxic and lazy drivers.

Good job for retirees or anyone that just needs extra money

Do not expect to get ahead financially and if you aren't careful you could get caught stuck in a rut very fast. As a driver you are required to have your own smartphone with good data that runs their app and other than bags and uniforms. Your own car and maintenance and fuel are at your cost. It is a job where you work for tips no hourly wage and because your delivery fee is billed to customer many assume that it is your tip.

Pros

Cash daily

Cons

Commercial insurance needed if you want coverage.

horrible place with garbage pay

the workers are horrible/ you spend lots in gas, you get paid no money, and workers have 0 care about you health and safety. the food smells horrible and is greasy

Pros

paid everyday

Cons

very low pay

They have very good managers and they are a pleasure to work for I have a lot of respect for all who are the people in charge at Pizza Hut in welland. It's a really good place to work they value their employees

Terrible place to work and severely underpaid

Was a Delivery Driver at Pizza Hut Windermere for about a month and it was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. Yes it is super easy but you make 3.60 dollars per delivery plus tip which is usually 3-5 dollars sometimes more sometimes less. Often Were overstuffed and only got 2 delivery’s an hour. I’m my time working there my best day I made 11 dollars and hour and not to mention they cover absolutely none of your expenses. expect making around 50 dollars in 6 hours of work while paying for your own gas. Also my brake pads needed replacing and the company does nothing to pay for it and my car was out of service for a week and they fired me. Overall terrible management, overstaffed on drivers and severely underpaid. If you can’t work they let you go!!!

Pros

nothing

Cons

Underpaid, overstaffed, will get fired if you have car problems.

Still one of my favorite jobs

I mean who doesn't want to get paid to drive around and listen to music?! Management always helpful and upfront, very flexible for outside scheduling, Everyone always tried to make it a fun place to work and it showed, never felt like work.

Pros

Random free pizza, fun and easy work

Cons

Too many photo radar tickets...

really good for delivery driving

delivery driving was a really good job through this company, but would probably most definitely steer clear of working in the actual restaurant, its like most minimum wage jobs unless you’re delivering.

Pros

pretty much make your own schedule, really good pay

Cons

sometimes its so slow theres no deliveries but not frequently

fast paced and stressful workplace.

. management is really good. . training is done a short amount of time. . get to learn a lot from tough experiences all at once. . good team member communication. . determined, dedicated and motivated management and team.

I enjoyed the atmosphere there, employer was an amazing person. She was very easy to talk to. Also, it was a family orientated place. I would recommend working for this company.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Loitering

one of the most fun jobs i have had

as a delivery driver i set my own schedule the management was amazing and easy to work with busy store good employee discount good food amazingly flexible

Not financially secure job

Working as a delivery driver, be prepared to earn less than minimum wage and still pay for gas and vehicle maintenance. Delivery driving is a fairly relaxed job, but Pizza Hut expects drivers to look past their contracts conditions on working in store. I thoroughly loved the work environment and people I worked with, but pay was sub-minimum wage.

Fun Workplace

It was m job in Canada as a international student. I was working there as a cashier and a side helper guy. I liked the job because it was my first time meeting different people and working with a team of people with different backgrounds.

Was this even legal?

They paid me $4 a delivery with no actual wage. I saw how they punched in my pay, they took it from the pooled tips from that night. My boss stole my tips multiple times and enjoying harassing the underage girls to the point of tears.

Unproffesional

At this particular Pizza Hut there was no hourly wage for drivers, it was $4 per delivery plus tips and you got paid every night under the table in cash.

Was a fun fast paced job.

The job is very fun to work at with the right team beside you. There was room to grow from just a cook to a manager and I was able to do so fairly quickly. My bosses have been fantastic to me and any needs that were to be met. I would love to stay at pizza hut if there was more career opportunities past management.

Busy place ! but good coworkers !

I worked as a delivery driver for 10 years + and enjoyed the freedom of being out on delivery, i really liked dealing with the customers at the door, some were quite interesting ! lol. Pizza Hut always had a fun family type feel to it !

Run from it!

If You wanna work like crazy and listen yelling boss who is out of control and under the stress this is wright place for you. Cutting hours. Unrespectable. Bad Management.

Delivery driver

Driving around is good getting to know the city and your customers but too many pick ups we are trying to save you money n time on waiting for your food

Pros

Driving

Cons

To many pick ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement