Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Mississauga, ON23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,113 reviews
pizzafooddoughfreerestaurantdeliveryshiftdish

Good job for beginner, lots of physical work required

Overall good experience, take away and delivery is always busy, they need to increase manpower in store to handle busy hours everyday. Usually whole store is dependant on 2 employees during the week and additional manpower is available on weekends only.

Pros

Good working environment at Fowler Dr store, Good HR, good area coach, Best RGM

Cons

Too much work, minimum wage, tiring, limited chances of growth coz of very low wages, too much expectations from minimum wage employee, no call center for customer complains

Fast Paced

Exciting Energetic Job culture.You,develop confidence in customer relations,it opens up your personality gradually dealing with customers in all spheres.You learn how to deal with issues which also helps your personality. With Good Managers you get to learn a lot. You learn to work in coordination with your colleagues,which makes it more exciting and fun at times. Good working atmosphere does not make you feel that you are working.

good job

it was a good real first job, small staff and not many hours to give was my reason for leaving. very fast paced environment on certain days with lots of FOH responsibilities so you can keep yourself busy most times.

Pros

good management

Cons

few hours to give

calm and cooperative team

I learned a lot from pizza hut such as about person, their behavior and how to treat hard and soft time. also learn how to handle the tough time and solve problems. even how to control on anger and co operate with your co workers.

Productive workplace, long hours.

It's food industry. Long hours, low staff appreciation, low pay. Abusive shifts, a lot of shady under-the-table practices. I learned how to smile and tolerate through the job in order to earn my measly minimum wage.

Pros

Free food, free drinks.

Cons

Heavy stress, no appreciation.

discounted food

A lot of things to learn, you will be dealing with whole different kind of people employees, manager, specially customers good opportunity to be excel customer service.

Pros

good place to excel customer service

Cons

minimum wage, no benefits

Its very fast past and demanding

If you are a student, it's not bad you make some money. However, working here full-time is extremely tiring and demanding. On the other hand, you make some friends and develop a fun work environment, depends on the management .

Pros

Good for student

Cons

Exhausting

An active workplace

Every day I learned something new at Pizza Hut, I've also met many different personality types. What I enjoyed most was cutting the pizza and taking orders on the cash.

Production Team Environment

this job was a great opportunity to learn to become a a fundamental cook. For example learned how make pizzas, pasta, fries, and salads. Did lots of general cleaning work as well

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fast paced Restaurant

its really fun working with my co-coworkers and my job is easy but they dont give enough hours but everything comes easy such as the work and they have good training and as a Csr the job is really fun.

Good start, no acceleration.

A good choice for a first job. Cooks just prepare pizza and send it through the automated oven. Good place to learn all of my basic job skills. Management is alright but you need to give a few limbs for extra work hours. Hardest part of the job is the environment. During the summer you're typically suffocating in sweat and in the winter you're a Popsicle in a t-shirt. Most enjoyable part was the people I met and all the time I've spent failing and learning.

Pros

You typically get a meal a shift (Mistake pizzas, wings, etc)

Cons

Bad Temperature Controls

Learning experience

A typical day at work was crazy busy. I learned a lot about customer service skills, managing kitchen, dining room, pick up and delivery. I was management and it was also crazy busy but a very big learning experience. This was my first management position, duties included creating staff schedule's, end of day cash, running the restaurant. Team building was needed but we were a close knit group. Hardest part of the job was always being short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and working with a great staff team.

Pros

Company outings

Cons

Always short staffed

Productive place to work

I do not get paid properly for working holidays (time and a half) and i get paid regular (11.20$). I only get 3 hours per 2 weeks. I learned to improve my communciation skills. The hardest part was no hours. The most fun part was the free pizza. The workplace culture is very productive- there is always something to do.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Not paid properly, 3 hours every 2 weeks

It was good. I enjoyed working there and learning new things, I got to learn so much from here.

I liked the place, it was neat and clean as i kept it. I loved communicating with customers. I was punctual about everything at work. Over all it was good.

Pros

commuting

Cons

long hrs

Productive and fun workplace

I love working here , but the main reason I want to resign is because I only work part time and want more hours and am interested in looking for a full time job.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Not enough hours

Good working environment, good overall management, good pay-rates, most enjoyable part of the job was to do oil panning and making wings at wing station.

Pros

free lunch

Fast paced effiency orriented job

Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.

Pros

Flexible Hours, Good co-workers

Cons

Lack of segregation of duties

goof job for highschool students

shifts are usually 5-6 hours long the manager i worked with always thought business first CSRs couldnt call in sick because we were understaffed for the front and she wouldnt hire anyone else

Pros

not long shifts

Cons

not many shifts a week

Cook

Simple, nothing too hard, small environment with little staff. Hard to get shifts covered. I am a cook so i work at the back, some cleaning is required but nothing too much.

Pizza Hut

The management doesnt know how to deal with employees and the hardest part of this job was dealing with the manager and she was unable to work out problems with many employees.

Pros

Cons

no breaks or free food

Too far away from home

Good food, busy place, interesting co-workers but too far away.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Too far away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement