Pizza Hut

Edmonton, AB31 reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,113 reviews
pizzafooddoughfreerestaurantdeliveryshiftdish

productive

fun place to work and have good customer sevice it can be a hard job but when you will get used to it i have learn to communicate more often.........

Pros

free lunch

Wouldn't recommend

Aways understaffed. Can't keep employees because of poor management. Kept getting called in to fill space and no benefits. You will need a second job.

Pros

Possibly making friends

Cons

Everything else and you only get a personal pizza

Low quality

Bad experience Evaluation based on loyalty Ask workers to do free hourseverything depends on personal connectionslow wages minimum worker in shifts

Terrible place to work and severely underpaid

Was a Delivery Driver at Pizza Hut Windermere for about a month and it was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. Yes it is super easy but you make 3.60 dollars per delivery plus tip which is usually 3-5 dollars sometimes more sometimes less. Often Were overstuffed and only got 2 delivery’s an hour. I’m my time working there my best day I made 11 dollars and hour and not to mention they cover absolutely none of your expenses. expect making around 50 dollars in 6 hours of work while paying for your own gas. Also my brake pads needed replacing and the company does nothing to pay for it and my car was out of service for a week and they fired me. Overall terrible management, overstaffed on drivers and severely underpaid. If you can’t work they let you go!!!

Pros

nothing

Cons

Underpaid, overstaffed, will get fired if you have car problems.

Stay Away

Management on store level is run by uneducated and stupid managers who think they own the employees , start cutting your hours if you raise your voice against something that is not fair like involvement of management in personal life. Management at the top listens and tries to find solution but the store managers are all the same !

No comments

Overall Pizza Hut I can not comment because it depends on the franchise owner how they deal with their employee. Honestly, I had very bad experience, it's not that I did not like it but it is about working 6 days to get 35-40 hours for a week, 1 person is doing 2 men job and other than that is minimum pay. You work hard but upper management appreciate the store manager only who is busy doing nothing except being a store manager, ordering grocery and making schedule. Cost and labour cutting is at peak because that is how store managers make bonus. Other people does not have any value and not being appreciate for their hard work.

Fun workplace and learn to more things

First of all pizza hut is a well known restaurant over the globe. It provides facilities to the staff members and I had a great time in pizza hut as a team leader. I enjoyed and loved to work at pizza hut. I would like to work again if asked.

Pros

Good tips

Cons

Sometimes short time and lot of work to do

Productive workplace that teaches lots about customer service and quality standards.

Working as a cook at Pizza Hut is usually relatively entertaining as the amount of orders that can come in at once can feel quite challenging. At the same time, it teaches you the value of communication as without it the job wouldn't run nearly as smooth. I have learned this skill and more about fast paced jobs such as this one. Management is very responsible and there is always somebody you can reach out to. The hardest part of this job is keeping the orders you prepare accurate as it is a high paced work environment. The most enjoyable part for me was the friendships and learning that I experienced throughout my time at Pizza hut.

Had good and fun time

gained a lot of experience in a fast working environment. I had a great time there especially we were great team had to leave the store because of personal reason

Pros

free lunch

Cons

mismanagement

productive and clean environment

prep for meals, washed/put away dishes, make pizzas and other meals

Pros

free food

Management Sucks

Shift manager is under training to become RGM he is the worst person i have met, have no management skills at all, and he thinks he can get workers to get things done by threatening them of firing. (You didn't clean this yesterday, do it today or don't come next day) are literally his words.

Very fun place to work amazing people to work with as well.

My over all review it wa street to work there.untill we have got new management then everything went downhill and then I had to leave for maternity leave but if I didn’t leave for maternity leave I would’ve quit because when it’s bad management it’s bad for the workers to focus on the job.

Pros

Great food .

Cons

Standing lots and could get very stressful when it’s busy work hours.

Good in its day

A good job in its day but there were upper management politics that were hindering personal growth and company retention. Too much turnover was the result.

Not a place I would recommend

You dont get any breaks or offered any breaks. Hours are hard to get, management is hard to deal with. It is a hard place to work at they expect you to do too much and only get payed minimum wage.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long days

Clean workplace

Working at Pizza Hut is a whole lot of fun. Manager guides everyone to the right direction and the tip was divided to every staff. Great experience for a starter job.

enjoyed working with my team

I lead one of the best team Pizza hut Edmonton. we converted challenges in the opprtunities. with a desciplined work and contineous training we achieved a best team status in Edmonton city Pizza hut.

Pros

supported a staff in documentation

Cons

lack of performance appraisal

Very good to work for this franchise

I have worked for Pizza Hut Castledowns Edmonton , Ab for 10 years until a new Store Manager came on then elimated all drivers with the exception of the day time driver. The new manager was some what prejudice to dedicated drivers that were with this location for years .

Pros

Staff discount on food orders when on duty.

Cons

N/a

work experience job through high school

the staff were welcoming and it became like family to work there. learning to work in a fast paced environment with multiple responsibilites helped me prepare for future careers.

Always fun and challenging to work at pizza hut

Pizza hut restaurant is always fun to work at, serving the guess is always fun and challenging because of different needs and wants. Fun becàuse of the staffs and co manager which are well trained by the managements

Pros

Fun, fun, fun and 50% off on meals

Cons

Only cons is when you lack staff

Fast pace

Pizza Hut was a great job and I'd go back any day, very friendly people.. clean environment and always room for advancement. Pay wasn't great but there is worse out there

More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.

A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement