Pizza Hut

Calgary, AB39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,113 reviews
pizzafooddoughfreerestaurantdeliveryshiftdish

Not a productive

If you are seeking your self in food industry its a good place but my recommendations to work with corporate not with franchise owners because they are not good enough for balancing the work ethics

Pros

Nothing is pros

Cons

always blame on employees doesn't matter its belongs to store level or not

Good to start a career

A great place to start a career at customer servic,to learn how to operate a restaurant and to grow. People are all professional amd will help you in case you need help in operation or product wise.

Great place to work and grow.

You learn the importance of customer service and following the rules.Gives you entry into the world of restaurant and servicesYou learn to work as a team for everyone's ease.

Pros

Free Pizza

Cons

30 to 34 Hr

fast-paced workplace

Working here forces you to work efficiently. Everything is time crunched because of customer orders. You are expected to get an order right the first time after being trained for a bit. You need to understand what is going on around you and listen to any orders from management. It is a fun place depending on who you work with.

Friendly environment, management train you well.

Ok place to wait, but minimum wage usually to start unless your management. Staff are friendly and help you if you need help. Good environment. Free food on shift and everyone helps in closes. Good teamwork.

Hated it

Management was poor, no benefits, not much of and opportunity to grow, had to come into work sick even though I could barely speak, cleaning products may cause allergies on your hands and they won’t tell you during training that it’s recommended to wear gloves.

Pros

You get a free pizza on your first day and coworkers Can be fun and nice

Fun Workplace

It was m job in Canada as a international student. I was working there as a cashier and a side helper guy. I liked the job because it was my first time meeting different people and working with a team of people with different backgrounds.

Competitive?!

Is not one of the options in the company, learning process is slow, doesn’t care with the welfare of the employees especially those contract workers they worked very hard but it seems the company doesn’t know how to motivate and compensate the employee properly, but that was a long time ago.

bad

Manager is sexist and racist and brings all of it into the workplace. District Manager doesn't address complaints, labour laws and health codes are violated on the daily.

really great

deliveries was a pretty easy job, Really fun to work. I would usually work 4 hours on week days, and on weekends it would be 7 hours. The minimum I would usually make was about 70 dollars a day.

Pros

driving

Cons

nothing

Over all fun place to work

Great place to work with great staff members to accommodate your working day, fast paced environment during the busy days. Would usually start by taking in delivery and counting to make sure of accuracy, then prepping vegetables and dough for the rest of the day. Management was great, give you more hours if you want them and overall a great support behind you. The hardest part would be getting used to the fast paced environment, but you have great support behind you to help.

fun and busy working environment

I have been working in Pizza Hut since 2013, it was fun, and at challenging place to work. The only thing that I dislike about working about the job is the store hours which close at 1am during weekends.

Great place to work for a student

I was a great environment to work in. I have worked with a great team. I have learned how to deal with customers and to make sure always the customers are happy.

Fast paced

This is a very fast paced environment to work. If you thrive under pressure and enjoy working with tight deadlines then this is definitely the position for you.

Busy days with lots of fun

Pizza Hut is great company to work for. Working in food industries helps you to learn more about the customer service when you deal with their meals and make you to work with different people.

Pros

people oriented job

Cons

late shifts

Excellent work enviroment

The Pizza Hut location where I am working at currently, is an excellent work place with friendly staff, and a safe workplace. Have been working for 2 years, and haven't had an issue.

Pizza

It nice to worked here, as a foreign worker the management is willing to help you to become a permanent resident here in Canada. people a also good and friendly.

good place to start your work experience

lots of friendly employees, sometimes management lacks in communication but your expected to get whatever they were thinking about telling you to get done before they tell you, besides for that, its a good place, if people quit, you might get an early promotion.

Tiring yet productive workplace with delicious food on the menu

A typical day at work starts with preparing and organizing all the items that are expected to be used for the day. I learned effective communication with co-workers, time management, organization and following instructions. The management is not the best but they get the job done. The hardest part of the job is during rush hour where orders arrive one after another. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get free food and drinks.

Pros

Free food and drinks

Cons

Busy hours and plenty of orders to take care of

Horrible

Long hours, minimum wage, no teamwork. Management would leave in the middle of the day and only leave me and the cook to take care of the restaurant. Management would not return until the supper rush.

Team based, fast paced.

Tough to start, but once all the products and procedures are learned, you can easily maintain a good standing. Managing a team where store numbers and passing audit's is your top priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement