Pizza Hut

Working at Pizza Hut: Latest Pizza Hut Reviews

Canada909 reviews

Found 909 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,531 reviews
pizzafooddoughfreerestaurantdeliveryshiftdish

Good work place but terrible management

It was okay working there. I was mostly at cashier and taking orders and sometimes at the back cutting pizza. The overall work load is manageable but the Manager and supervisors are rude. It sucked because I got blamed for so much. I didn’t get proper training. Not paid. And made a few mistakes.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

No breaks. Terrible management. Poor communication.

Good place for food quality and provide the best services for costumers

Pizza hut chain is the most papuler because of best food and services they provide services from costumer point of view and make costumer happy people love it

Insights into Pizza Hut

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good workplace terrible co-workers

The workplace wasn't bad. I mean there were times where it would get busy, but thats expected from a job like this. The managers were really nice, and helped me if I ever needed anything. The coworkers on the other hand not so much, they would yell if I ever screwed up, or anything like that, not all coworkers were like this, but some. The main issue I had was that they give no breaks. This is fine if you’re working a 2am closing, because its not busy. But after 8pm theres only 1-2 people making pizzas, so if an order comes in the middle of your “break” you would have to go and make it. Also closing at times was rushed, because we were expected to close and operate till 11pm, so if someone placed an order at 10:45 then you take 2 steps back. Again this wasn't an issue on most days but some. Good workplace.

Pros

Flexible hours nice management 50% discount

Cons

Closing rude co-workers

Kinda whack ngl

Worked as a server and a cook, supervisors were whack, manager was pretty cool. Definitely no set schedule, fast paced. Coworkers were good. Pay is whack.

It’s okah

Was really annoying when it got busy which was almost all the time m. I worked at a dine in location, and he managers were nice people just bad managers

Good place

Overall its a great place to start you carrer as a begginer. Good pay rate plus benifits. Great tram members and you get experience working with top level company.

Great place to start your carrer

It was terrible

The expectations were outrageous,no matter how hard the staff works the owners were never satisfied with what was coming out. Very negative environment

Cons

Feeling like dirt

They make pizza

They make cheap pizza. I eat it. Lots of tips. Hours are long. They give you a uniform. Employee discounts on pizza is definitely a plus. I enjoyed my time there but I had to move on and make more.

Very underpaid

Work is very hard and stressful but salary is very less. A lot of overworked employees. Very high turnover. They are hiring every almost every month. Doesn’t know how to recognize hard work

Pas beaucoup de clients

A plusieurs reprise j'ai du attendre dans ma voiture plusieurs heures avant de pouvoir faire une livraison, et lorsque je n'ai pas de livraison il nous paye 6$/h a attendre, et ils ne veulent pas que nous les faisions des choses pour nous occuper lors des temps morts par exemple du ménage etc.. car les livreur chez pizza hut ne sont pas officiellement employer pizza hut, mais des "travailleurs autonomes"

Pros

temps partiel disponibles, beaucoup de temps morts pour les gens qui aiment rien faire

Cons

pas assez de clients, trop de livreur, pas propre

Not bad for part time job

Not bad for a part time job, it isn't my forever work though. The hours are pretty flex, and the staff and management are chill. Wish there was more growth opportunities

Awful place to work

Worst company I have ever worked for , they abuse their staff verbally and physically , by screaming and swearing at you over little easy to fix mistakes, in-front of staff and customers as well as throw pans , if you are thinking of working at the high river or okotoks Pizza Hut don’t! You will regret it !

Fast-paced, little support

A typical day consist of taking orders by phone or in-person, making/preparing food and serving the food. There is generally not a lot of support, and staff are left juggling many roles at once.

Only positive is the independence

Poor pay, poor work-life balance, poor benefits, minimal support from management. Impossible to retain staff on minimum wage - very high stress environment.

Positive Environment, poor wage, no Benefits

Overall was a good experience with friendly and helpful staff, all working together. Was required to wash dishes and fold boxes when not delivering. Only paid $10/h + tips with no compensation for gas or mileage; some days made $24/h, other days didn’t make minimum wage and was told by management to contact Pizza Hut directly to make up the difference. Considered self-employed and, as such, are not given a tax slip; as a student, it was a pain to deal with.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly staff

Cons

Poor pay, Poor Management

Good company to work for

Enjoyed my time working at pizza hut very nice management only down fall was full time hours can be hard to get, overall a great company to work for.

Underpaid, over worked and barely appreciated

This place was the definition of toxic through and through. When referring to a job done on a previous shift it always felt as though I was being talked down to, but while doing a good job or extra work during the shift I got the bare minimum of praise. Pay raises are apparently so low you might as well dig through your couch for loose change instead. The work loads for certain front of house employees were never even or fairly laid out, often times it felt like I was running the whole FOH and sometimes back of house by myself. Even post-mandate lifts I was still by myself most nights, despite more customers coming in to basically fill the dining room. Once a co-worker was serving during lunch and could not handle anymore tables in a way that would give the customers attention or even decent service, they were told by management they had no choice and must continue taking tables. I’ll re-iterate they had zero help in the FOH until they were almost on overtime because the labour prices matter more than a worker having a tough shift. There also was no sense of teamwork or care for an individual; I often found myself scared to take a drink or eat despite not having a second to during our open hours, because “if you have time to sit you have time to do work”. I would often times have no life outside of sleeping and working at this place, honestly working here had me extremely depressed, anxious and feeling inadequate if I had to ask for help in any area of my job. If you’re looking for a first job as a teenager or minimum serving experience then this job will suit that but if you -

Pros

Most co-workers are actually nice and easy to get along with

Cons

Everything else

A very poorly run place

Not enough training for people and not enough displine when someone acts out to much favoritism and very lazy teammates very poorly ran I alot od problems and drama basically like being in highschool

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Very long hours under staffed

Good team, bad management

There needs to be a lot more work done with the scheduling system to make it the most convenient way to review time requests off and when you have to work. Not the best pay, and understaffed so you can find yourself being expected to do more than you really should have to for what you're paid for. Thankfully some awesome coworkers make up for it, very friendly environment with nice people to work with. Job isn't hard at all, pretty simple after a while just repeating the same things over.

Easy and laid back

Lots of opportunity to grow with many different positions available. Faced paced but fairly easy. Great job if your just stepping into the restaurant industry as its not as strict as some restaurants, you can learn a lot on your own before moving to a more classy restaurant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement