Pizza Hut logo

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 822 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,050 reviews

Fun temporary workplace

Pizza hut is the type of workplace that you would do it only for a temporary time or part time. It is a fun place to work depending on your co workers but the franchise owners and management really needs to change. They put really pressure on individual for nothing. All they care about sales and not the worker's health. Pizza Hut also have very little hours to use for operation. Employees have to work twice as hard to keep up with functions and operations due to very less labor. This puts employees mental health at risk which can alter your health in a negative wayPizza hut can be a great company only if management and franchise owners care and appreciate their employees, increasing hours and very good and incentives. I would NOT recommend working at Pizza Hut if you're ever job searching. Head office really consider the franchise owners and management

Pros

Free cancelled Food

Cons

No benefits, long hours and stress from franchise owners and management

Great staff

Working as a team. Help each other to solve the problems . Great atmosphere to be work in. Competitive company to be work in. Quite busy store . Scheduling is so flexible.

Terrible place to work and severely underpaid

Was a Delivery Driver at Pizza Hut Windermere for about a month and it was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. Yes it is super easy but you make 3.60 dollars per delivery plus tip which is usually 3-5 dollars sometimes more sometimes less. Often Were overstuffed and only got 2 delivery’s an hour. I’m my time working there my best day I made 11 dollars and hour and not to mention they cover absolutely none of your expenses. expect making around 50 dollars in 6 hours of work while paying for your own gas. Also my brake pads needed replacing and the company does nothing to pay for it and my car was out of service for a week and they fired me. Overall terrible management, overstaffed on drivers and severely underpaid. If you can’t work they let you go!!!

Pros

nothing

Cons

Underpaid, overstaffed, will get fired if you have car problems.

Fun workplace, all the people are nice. Everyone is hardworking.

So when I started working there I wasn’t expecting much due to past jobs with bad management and what not, but everyone there was nice. Everyone there is naturally a hard worker so it rubs off on you and it exceeds your expectations for a workplace in fast food/ restaurant setting.

Pros

Discounted/Free food

Cons

Hard to balance work life with personal life.

10 yrs time served

Worked for pizza hut in smiths falls from the time it was built until 2004. Made some great friends and had fun but job wise it had its ups and downs. Having a social life wasn’t a possibility. All in all it paid the bills.

Pros

Friends, time flies, food.

Cons

Long hours, short staff, pay low, heavy work loads

Not good

The money not worth the money at all the worst place I could have worked in all my life. I feel sorry for the worker, they are slaves. If you need time off good luck.

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Free pizza cause the mess up the orders everyday

Productive and fun work place easy to learn

It’s so good company, provides food on discount, safety first , I love working their because management there is so good and friendly staff who always have the best service

The work pays good but management need improvement

The work is pays but improving the management would make it a better place to work at . The management is little to no presence. The staff training is great but the lack of management causes rules and policies to not get enforced as well .

Pros

Cons

All of it

running a race against time as a doughmanker

They hired me as a dough master and promised shift lead position and competitive wages. They did not stick to their words even though i was going an extra mile. Absolutely Bad management. making a lot of sales and when it comes to salary increment they are tight-lipped.

Pros

discount at food

Cons

rubbish management

No Bi-annual or quarterly raises for 3 years. No benefits.

Three years and no raises except for Provincial minimum wage increases. Don't expect benefits if you're not considered the best employee - meaning you work harder and follow the policies devotedly. The Management are biased and selective of hires. The Manager will get bonuses but not the employees.

Pros

Free food and pop while working.

Cons

No raises. Management favoritism.

Jobs at Pizza Hut

See more jobs

Good job for beginner, lots of physical work required

Overall good experience, take away and delivery is always busy, they need to increase manpower in store to handle busy hours everyday. Usually whole store is dependant on 2 employees during the week and additional manpower is available on weekends only.

Pros

Good working environment at Fowler Dr store, Good HR, good area coach, Best RGM

Cons

Too much work, minimum wage, tiring, limited chances of growth coz of very low wages, too much expectations from minimum wage employee, no call center for customer complains

It was okay for what it was.

The work environment was alright, everyone had their own thing to do and it was pretty streamlined but I do have some complaints. at times the environment reminded me of a highschool more than a working environment. gossip, rumors, drama was always present.

Pros

Free lunches and the ability to listen to music while dish cleaning.

Cons

Drama

productive

fun place to work and have good customer sevice it can be a hard job but when you will get used to it i have learn to communicate more often.........

Pros

free lunch

great first job

my team was awesome to work with and made the job super fun. it could be stressful at times if it was busy, but overall a great job for the first year I was out of the house. with a part-time position, I​ was able to afford to live on my own.

Always had something to do to keep busy so the shifts went by fast but no management support with customers

Just a regular entry-level job. Typical food industry in the sense that you're always extremely busy and understaffed because they need to monitor their labour percentage. Management always giving out free food to nasty customers which just makes the nasty customers come back later and be rude to you again in hopes to get free food. Being a cook is fun because you're crazy busy and it's robotic once you get it and fun to finish a big rush - but it sucks to be only paid minimum wage. Being a server is nice because you get compensated for the rush depending on the customers/locations... Overall, the grease sucks though in any position in the food industry and the smell is awful. But you often get free food (even if you're not supposed to) so that's a bonus. You can make a ton of friends but also there can be a lot of drama (as with any workplace). Management heavily influences the workplace culture, so be careful when you're interviewing and make sure to ask about their management style/the managers themselves because that will tell you how your experience will go! The franchise owners conduct regular audits and depending on who they are, my experience was they purposely tried to intimidate you and I think they were extremely hard on the managers of the store because the managers were always extremely stressed out and often got burnt out.

Pros

Free food (if no managers/if they don't care), serving compensates you well sometimes, can make a lot of new friends, growth opportunity is decent if you do a good job

Cons

greasy, long hours, stressful, high-pressure from management to control labour percentages, franchise owners can be rude and intentionally try to intimidate you

Fun place to work

Didn’t even realize how fast time went by working here . Good place to work and friendly people around with lots of customer complaints. You will learn all from here

Pros

Free pizze for lunch

Productive & fun to work. But..

Its productive and fun. Easy to learn for anyone and the salary is minimum but the tips are awfully low and no advances besides the discount on food. Management is fair. Honestly its preferable for young part time students for easy work.

Pros

Discounts.

Cons

No advancments & lack of tip pool

The team was so amazing, it made the work incredible.

Richmond B.C., Terranova Pizza hut was such an amazing experience and still to this day my favorite work experience. I 100% recommend working there, especially if you're a student or new to work, it was great.

Pros

Really cool award system where you could win stuff.

Cons

You smell like grease after your shift

Kind of a mess

There wasn’t a lot of organization and every shift felt like a big scramble. There wasn’t much guidance from the management and I didn’t really feel comfortable working there.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Next to no training, disorganization

Great place to work and grow.

You learn the importance of customer service and following the rules.Gives you entry into the world of restaurant and servicesYou learn to work as a team for everyone's ease.

Pros

Free Pizza

Cons

30 to 34 Hr

All good

Environment is good ,we work as a team helping each other we work as a happy family We help each other busy or not busy and we always have a good understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.6K