Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 748 reviews matching the search See all 23,238 reviews
Teamwork makes a huge difference here
Waitress/Cook/Closing Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB28 January 2019
A typical day at work would be a steady day. Maybe about an hour of downtime which is when you stock up on prep for the next day and do as much clean up as possible. I learned not to drain myself for a work place that doesn't give you a raise when you're promoted to shift manager. Hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant by myself at night. Management showed you 4 different ways of doing things so it was very confusing.
Pros
Employee meal program
Cons
Getting called in on your only day off
Over all fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
Great place to work with great staff members to accommodate your working day, fast paced environment during the busy days. Would usually start by taking in delivery and counting to make sure of accuracy, then prepping vegetables and dough for the rest of the day.

Management was great, give you more hours if you want them and overall a great support behind you.

The hardest part would be getting used to the fast paced environment, but you have great support behind you to help.
Typical fast food job.
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON1 February 2019
When I started at Pizza hut I was a dough maker, This job is simple yet difficult at the same time. Simple because the flour mix comes in ready and you just need to add water and oil. The hard part is that you are responsible for keeping the fridge stocked. So you need to manage your time and dough properly or thing will go bad fast.

I really don't think I'd like to work there again. Since it's a difficult job with no possible advancement and horrible pay.
Poor management, but very flexible with my hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2019
I have been working at Pizza Hut for approximately 2 years and they went through 4 General Managers. The last GM that we had was 23 years old and wasn't very reliable when we needed to contact him if there was a problem in the store. Also, the location where I work, it is very under-staffed, making the staff very dependent on one another. However, the managers were very helpful and were able to schedule me around my school schedule and were flexible when I needed more or less hours.
Pros
not very busy
Cons
very repetitive
Very fun place to work amazing people to work with as well.
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2019
My over all review it wa street to work there.untill we have got new management then everything went downhill and then I had to leave for maternity leave but if I didn’t leave for maternity leave I would’ve quit because when it’s bad management it’s bad for the workers to focus on the job.
Pros
Great food .
Cons
Standing lots and could get very stressful when it’s busy work hours.
direction instable, change constamment de propriétaire
Général Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Julie, QC20 February 2019
Change constamment de propriétaire, donc problème de culture d'entreprise. Aucune vie sociale, aucune vie de famille. Toujours obligé de faire 60-80hres et être payé pour 40. Les boss qui sont jamais contents et demandent toujours plus.
Pros
repas personnel gratuit seulement pour les gerants
Cons
aucune reconnaissance pour les employés
Not the best place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  High River, AB16 January 2019
I worked at the Pizza Hut in High River, Alberta. I was 16 and it was my very first job, so I was very excited. When I started working, I felt very bad about myself because the managers were constantly getting mad at me. After a few months of working there, I realized that they do not treat any of their employees very well.
Cons
not allowed to use the bathroom, no breaks.
Team effort will make the job more interesting
Host / Cook / Cashier / Cleaner (Former Employee) –  901 Lansdowne, Peterborough, ON K9J 1Z524 December 2018
This job was very demanding as there were walk ins, delivery, pick ups. These orders came in fast and specific. Luckily working with a team helps pick up the slack. There are several stations that an employee must know how to work. This job is challenging but if executed well can be alright.
Pros
Good friendly kitchen staff
Cons
Bad management
great place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 November 2018
There are always surrounding stores that are helping one another when a store needs a help. Fast paced environment that helps the time go by fast. The small store is nice to work at because there are less responsibilities to worry about. Very lovely place to work., managers, and region managers are always available to provide help if needed. The advancement opportunities are through the roof. Pizza hut really likes to promote well working employees once they have shown that they're responsible, and hard working enough to earn the promotion.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
long standing
Good People at the Store level
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2018
Was my first job in Canada and it gave me good insight of Canadian workplace culture. Branched our into networking with lots of great people.

I was grateful that they offered me the job within first 2 weeks of my arrival into Canada and the sense of receptiveness at the store level was great
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours and no structure
Good summer job, working with fast food
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 December 2018
I briefly worked for Pizza Hut one summer as a university student. Topping pizzas can be easy a lot of the time and extremely stressful during busy times (i.e. Friday/Saturday night etc).

Worked with some good people. Got some free pizza. Was a decent summer work experience.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Long hours standing, stressful rush times
Don't work here
Shift Supervisor, Production, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 February 2019
Pizza Hut and FMI are not good companies to work for. There is no room for advancement, they don't give raises unless it's the yearly raise from the government. Always short staffed and they expect you to stay to work other peoples shifts if they don't show up. Management is a joke as well.
Cons
No breaks, no raises
Fun workplace time efficient
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 January 2019
A typical day at work would not be difficult except weekends and Friday nights it would unorganized as well as very fast pace. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers with food complaints or mixed up order.
Pros
free lunches for yourself plus tips
Cons
they pressure you into over-time
fast paced work environment
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 December 2018
was good experience
learnt many things
how to manage employees with productivity assurance
customers satisfaction
keep supervising daily activities, make sure about cleanliness.
daily task done by employees, performance of workers, reward recognition
Pros
keeps you busy all the time
Cons
long hours in busy time
Typical day, and the hardest part about working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB19 October 2018
A typical day was answering phones and taking customers orders and then cashing them out; it would also include making pizza and wings alongside doing dishes. At night tills would be counted and balanced. The hardest part of working at Pizza Hut was having to deal with inappropriate comments.
Pros
50% of orders
Cons
Comments that were made
terrible experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 December 2018
management was extremely poor. I dreaded going to every shift. The manager was a nightmare and a nutcase. they couldn’t keep employees because there was no respect given on either side. Never work here, don’t even eat there. The kitchen was disgusting. Terrible first job experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
Everything else.
did not enjoy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 September 2018
The staff is rude, ignorant, and lazy. I handled way more of the job than I ever should have. I would ask for a later start time because I had school, and to my face the manager would proclaim it wouldn't be an issue, and then scheduled me for the same shifts as before. I was getting paid way less then the rest of the staff, and was running the front of house, phone lines and deliveries by myself. That would even extend to dealing with costumer complaints when they would ask to speak to a manager and I would go to get my manager and he would shrug it off. I eventually left because I wasn't being promoted and was being worked to the bone with zero praise or respect. everyone just began to assume I would do it.
Pros
Free pizza when on shift
Cons
horrible co-workers and manager
Managaement had serious issues
Close Cook, Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 November 2018
Training was lax at best and unfinished at worst.
Team was over worked and under staffed.
Unnecessarily long times to replace broken or damaged equipment, if it was even replaced at all.
Company regularly changing things to be LESS convenient.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
understaffed, stressful
Good work place
All jobs except cashier (Former Employee) –  Warman, SK14 January 2019
A typical day while i work there was fun and exciting for me at least the manager is a great person nice and explains the jobs clearly. I learnt that they pre-make the Dough the previous night but can't say anything else business secrets Gotta work there to find out more
Pros
Fun
Cons
N/a
Overall good experience
Team Member (Cook) (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 January 2019
Had tons of fun while working, between other staff members and customers, made the VERY hectic job in the kitchen more managable. takes considerable team work to do this job, have to be able to rely on others or have others rely on you
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
Late time getting out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K