Pizza 73 Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Call Centre Agent
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2018
Team Co-ordination
Leadership
Teamwork Skills
Time Managment
Support for the network
Proactively calling customers Answering customer services, shop, agent help, catering, and order-taking calls.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Office Sitting arrangment
Fast Paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
At the time I was still in school, and this was my part-time job for a bit of extra money. Making the pizzas was fun, but at the time I had no work ethic so I wasn't fast enough. I'd suggest this job to somebody who is actually serious about working and not just a high school kid.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Fast Paced
Amazing workplace and great company
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Learned many skills in this job. Boss was amazing and caring about every employee. He knew how to be in charge and how to create a fun environment as well.
positive place
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2017
i worked at 132ave 127street Welington pizza 73. Very positive and great work experience it was a clean and always happy co-workers just over all a good place to work.
Pros
positive place
Cons
I had no complaints
Good place to learn
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2017
Its good place and fun with learn how to manage the time and making oders with team. Build up your commnication with the coustomers and team. Good multitasking mind prepared.
Nice and fun working there
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
It is a good place to work. Store manager was vety co-operative and helped me to learn a lot about the company. Very supportive staff as well. I liked it !
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2017
-Answer Telephones
- Place customers orders via online
- Culture is variety
- Hardest part of job is taking phone calls from customers who are angry about their orders.
Very family orientated job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
In a fast pace franchise like 73 you don't know when rush hour is going to hit you, but it defiantly will hit you, in that time frame the time goes by really fast. It well cultured environment to be working in.
Pros
Flexible hours ( morning or night shift )
Cons
Long Hours
horrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
poor training, they give you one day of training when they sa that you get two and when you say you aren't ready to be on the phones, you get told, too bad, you will figure it out.
Good bunch of people, but run on a shoe string
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
The clients can be verbally abusive, but you are allowed to hang up if needed. Very little training. You make the mistakes and then they tell you which gets frustrating.
Pros
Free pizza
good team,fun work place
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
It's fun to work with my colleagues.learned a lots of things from my whole team.always do the night shift.when it's busy,we work together
and time pass very fast but after 2 a.m.its very hard to pass the time.
Pros
we making a good team
Cons
night shift
Unethical business practices
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
I signed up for Pizza 73 as a work-from-home Service Provider. The work involved taking pizza orders over the phone, working over the internet and transferring calls as necessary. The work itself was fine; it was even fun. Sometimes I'd have to deal with irate customers, but all in all, the job wasn't difficult to deal with.

The problem was wages. This job is commission-based and you are set up as an independent contractor, so you are paid piece work per call. Their classified ads state that home Service Providers can make between $12-14/hr if they work fast enough. However, this is simply not true. Even after I successfully kept my calls under two minutes and easily achieved the high-end speed goals they wanted me to hit, I only reached a peak wage of $8.80/hr, which is still far below minimum wage, and this was during the busiest time of the year when they were offering weekly bonus incentives on top of the normal rate.

The truth is, no matter how hard or fast you work,you will never, EVER, make the advertised wage of $12-14/hr, you will most likely hover around $7/hr. I received excellent monthly performance reviews from my managers that did not contain any suggestions on how to improve my speeds, and as far as I could tell I had effectively mastered the job, and yet I was still not receiving the advertised hourly target wage.

This is because those targets are fabricated in order to attract new Service Providers, as they have a high turnover rate. They obviously won't attract new workers if they state that you'll be making around $7/hr! I would even say they go so
  more... far as to say that their classified ads are in the realm of false advertising.

The worst part is that they won't even provide you with a reference when you decide to leave the company. After six months of working there, despite consistently producing quality work and receiving excellent performance reviews, they simply would not grant me a reference and would not provide a reason why. I know they received my request but they deliberately ignored it multiple times.

Do yourself a favor and never work there, and remember that every time you order pizza from Pizza 73 you are supporting their unethical policy of paying their contractors less than minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, set your own hours, friendly support staff
Cons
Abysmal pay, no references, no room for advancement, dead-end job
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2016
I really enjoyed working for pizza 73 and the staff as one big team.
Really had to be on our toes to make sure no mistakes occurred.
good service provider
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2016
I admire that staff friendliness ,learned many things about my position and i found what difficulty in my position....
Pros
free lunch
Calm, easy, safe
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2016
Taking calls, patience is required
management and coworkers are easy going and respectful
the hardest part about the job is sitting at a desk for hours
i enjoy the pizza parties
A fun-filled workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2016
A regular day at Pizza 73 would comprise of making dough and various orders. There were many new things to learn which include many new recipes. The managers and co-workers were really helpful and understanding.
more fun at work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
needs to create a crew training system to develop every employee efficiency. needs to create the program to evaluate employee thru each career path to grow in the company.
Pros
just 1 meal per shift with budget
stressfull, workplace with intimidating managment.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2015
I would not recommend this job to anyone until management is replaced. I was never paid for my holiday work scheduling was poorly executed. The overall environment was miserable.
Pros
dicounted pizza, short hours
Cons
management
Pizza 73
supervisor (Current Employee) –  15315 97 St NW , Edmonton, AB T5X 5V325 June 2015
I am working 40 hours per week . I learned so many things from this job like how to make pizzas, how to handle customers. management is very good, my co-workers are very co-operative, their is nothing hard about this job, we enjoy each and every festivals together at job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
40 hours
Productive, great first job.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2015
A typicaly day at work is doing stock, cleaing the store, throwing the garbage and deepfrying foods.

It taught me how to deal with the 'Rush Hour' fast and efficiently.

Co-workers were nice but majority of the time it was usually Indian people they hired which isn't bad but it did get frustrating that other people would come and apply but were more happy picking their own culture.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was busy becuase i'd always have something to do.

hardest part was when it got to busy and you'd need help.

Overall it was a good starting job, i WOULD come back to the Pizza 73 i worked at, only down side was they made me work alot of days/hrs because they would only have one person working on the deepfryer which meant i had no time to balance life outside of work along with being very biased on who they hired.
Pros
Free lunch, great staff
Cons
Long hours, not many days off