Pita Pit
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Pita Pit Employee Reviews

Fun workplace to work as a high school job

I started working when I was 17 years old, it's a good job for high school students but I went through two different managers for the time I was working there. I worked their for 5 years because I didn't want to find another job and I was already used to what I was doing at pita pit. Only one thing I didn't like was my managers I previously had didn't pay me for the full time I was there, Like for example I would be working a closing shift 3pm-9pm but when you have to close the store alone there's lots of things to complete so a couple times I stayed till 10-11pm and didn't get paid for that hour I stayed cleaning the grill, doing cash and getting ready for the store to be clean for the openers the next day.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

Didn't pay for the time I spent setting up for the next day

PTSD suffering

Do not apply for this job, very toxic place. Rude people. Busy schedules. Not a friendly environment. Disgusting customers. Long hours and less pay. Unprofessional management.

Pros

The food is healthy and money

Cons

Toxic people

Absolutely dreadful

Management is terrible. Staff is okay if it’s a good day. The owner has no concept of time management and the management is disgusting. They hire anyone they can and give people promotions like it’s nothing. Management is unprofessional and rude and they have no concept of work appropriate and not work appropriate conversations and body language. Unrealistic expectations for their younger staff and disrespectful to staff who do their best and above.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management. Stress beyond normal. Disrespected daily.

Best place to learn multitasking

Best place to work. Management is really nice it feels like you are with friends. Love to work here. A place where the management and empower actually care for the customer and are always happy to help each other.

Horrible

It was a fun job, however had terrible management. The training was limited, and no feedback was received. The manager told other co workers about my problems but never spoke to me. The owner cleary did not have experience regarding pays, hiring processes, terminations and much more.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Poor management

Dishonest Management

I was scheduled in for an interview and the managers made it seem like a sure thing. They asked me to work a 4 hour “discovery day” shift to see if the job is fit for both sides. I agreed, worked the shift and never received a call back on the status of my work. Two weeks later they followed up with a reply through indeed instead of calling me directly to say they will not be hiring me. The training was poor, staff struggled to communicate with each other on which duties to perform, and I am not getting paid for the hours I worked. Management mentioned during the interview that they are very honest and straightforward but that does not seem to be the case.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Team oriented, good management, always something to do

Loved working at the Kitchener location on fairway. Management works with you and provides good training. Discounted pitas are a plus. Team focused. Only left because I finished school and it was time to get a job in my field. Was with them for 3 years and I received wage increases annually. During rushes it was fast paced and in the in between you would prep food and clean and could talk with co-workers while doing work. Tips are divided based on percentage of hours worked; but don't expect to get a lot as customers don't tip much here. Liked helping customers pick out their food combinations.

Pros

Good Management, discount food, wage increases

Cons

odd grumpy customer

nope

not a positive work environment i really did not like it. managers were toxic and it was very unwelcoming. training is very poor and should be worked on

Unprofessional

Easy job! Really easy job, staff is terrible, manager is awful and there’s lots of drama. The over all job is easy but the work environment was very uncomfortable and unprofessional.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Dramatic

Fantastic workplace

Very fun and upbeat! Enjoyed my job and made friends as well. Christmas parties are fun.Fantastic job for someone in highschool or a young adult.

Pros

Fun, positive, upbeat

Cons

Late shifts, low pay

Not bad all around

Wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone other than a teenager who is looking for a bit of pocket cash. Salary is basic for a fast food chain but there are definitely some skills to learn along the way

Cons

Not many hours

Great place to work at!!

As a Pita Pit Employee/Assistant Store Manager, it was my responsibility to ensure that my employees were all safe handling their product's and to ensure that everyones areas were clean!

Pros

Free lunches

Not bad

Good place to work. Management was not bad. They are very forward and up front with what they need done. Take the time to thoroughly train you. And you can make yourself a pita on break.

Pros

food discount, management, overall feeling

Cons

Customers

Hated working here

I'm not sure if it's just my franchise but management was incapable. Manager came in high and franchise owner only cared about making money. I worked there for more than 2 years and wanted to quit every day. Work was terrible because no one did what they were supposed to and the store was a constant greasy mess. Do not apply here if you don't want to develop depression

Cons

Terrible management, dirty store

Avoid working here

Awful management, it's like working for people in high school. Met some pretty great people but, holy is that place an absolute disaster. Super unorganized, and lack of communication.

Pros

Half off

Good work environment, poor management

It was a great work environment, everyone was kind except for the manager. The schedule was pretty flexible since it was mostly students working there. It would usually be only 2-3 people working on a very busy day.

Crew are amazing, skills gained are worth it, management is not great

The crew and experience/ skills gained are worth it, regulars who are loyal and kind are always a treat, great memories gained. However, management is disorganized, understaffed almost all the time while I worked there for 2 years, labor unrealistically low at times so closing or opening is a struggle at times. The culture is honestly great, as previously stated, the crew and the regulars are really what make your time working there. There is very high stress involved, it is a fast-paced environment especially during busy seasons, working with management (has been subject to change), and it requires a lot of physical work, and attention to detailThe most enjoyable part: the crew! I can't say enough about the people I've met and made friends with! They have become a second family to me. And the regulars I got to serve could make a day in a second.

Pros

Half price healthy meals, friends/coworkers, regulars, brings you out of your comfort zone and helps you deal with stressful situations

Cons

Disorganized management, mixed messages expectations, minor positive feedback tons of criticism, unreal expectations, if need time off or will be forced to work it or be penalized, almost always understaffed

Awful place to work would not recommend

The management at the location i worked at was awful at first they came across really friendly and and kinda until i started working there. I was looking for a different job to get out of the one i was at for 4 years they made me feel like i had a reliable job so i quit my previous job. They ended up firing me after 3 short shifts because “i wasn’t a fit” even though they barely trained me at all and didn’t give me a chance to learn anything i was only there for 9 hours total

Pros

nothing

Cons

management

Poor Management

it's not a bad job if you need something for money, you go in and serve customers and complete the prep list whenever you can. the management there however is very toxic and makes working there extremely unenjoyable. they're late with giving you your schedule but turn around and get upset when you book days off, no matter the reason. the manager that works there monday-friday is extremely childish and gives her workers the silent treatment if they have called in, she often pretends to be sending emails when it's a rush leaving 1 person to stay out front. it's fun to interact with customers and the coworkers and all in all not a bad part time job if you can put up with the lazy manager and the immature owners

Pros

free food

Cons

unprofessional management

Fast Paced and Busy!

Great place overall! Kim is amazing, she was always a great help when needed. High turn over rate, probably due to the full-time day staff, Made the whole environment toxic and very unpleasant for part-time people working nights.

Training

Good experience and you can learn a lot during the training period, must be very nice to the customers as some take a while to pick their toppings, so patience is the key

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pita Pit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement