Pita Pit Employee Reviews

very good
Customer Service Representative/Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
very good experience with flexible hours and good pay. offer full time. got to learn very good skills in cash handling and customer service. manager was very nice and helpful.
great
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 June 2018
love it, helped me through my nursing school. Staff were great, got all my hours I needed to pay my bills. Always were flexible when situations came up such as clinical and work being scheduled on such days. The customers were great, made it feel like home.
Excellent place to work great environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON29 May 2018
Your typical day working at Pita Pit consisted of serving customers and using the till and stove. You also would prep the veggies so that they would be ready to stock as needed. Keeping the workplace clean was on demand work, you did what you could to clean up in the time you had during open hours.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Not many breaks
Productive with customer service
Cashier/All (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
So far I have learned at my previous work is how to communicate with customers when something goes wrong and how to approach to them so they are satisfied on what they needed. The workplace was very friendly and outgoing. There was no part in the job that was the hardest everything was easy to handle.
Pros
15% discount when we purchase food.
Cons
was not busy
I only enjoyed working there at the start.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Summerside, PE1 May 2018
Everyone that works there are all friends so the supervisor thinks they can get away with a lot of things just because they are the manager's best friend. They are unpleasant to work with and like to start drama. They violated multiple worker's rights. The supervisor can't be trusted by anyone. I am the youngest so was taken advantage of and expected to do all the work.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
About everything
I liked working there
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 April 2018
It was a great job, I loved it, but I had to leave due to a shoulder injury (unrelated to work) that has since healed. Great environment, good coworkers
owner / operator
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON11 April 2018
Great company to work with very supporting staff and head office. It was a great learning experience owning and operating my own restaurant. Happy to gain the experience.
Pros
learning how to run a business to be profitable.
Cons
Stress from owning a business
Enjoyable workplace but productive
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 April 2018
Management was usually all over the place, the hours weren't always correct when it came to payday, some co workers took it at liberty to boss others around, always understaffed, you could not call in if you were sick, they would make you show up for your shift and work until you puked before they let you go home if there was no one to cover your shift, always to many tasks to be done and not enough staff to do it all. only enjoyed working there because of the social skills it allows you to build.
fast pace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB27 March 2018
it was a good job with lots going on. at points you are so overwhelmed by the line of people waiting for there food but you just work through it and it makes the day fly by
Poor Managment
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 March 2018
Pita Pit began very fun and engaging, but after a while you you have to figure everything out on your own nothing was taught to us clearly. The manager was very hypocritical and did not keep good hygiene at all, he also changed our salary after the paper we signed clearly said minimum wage. Besides all the bad things with management the crew got along very well and we all helped each other out all the time on and off shift.
Pros
half off meals, fun crew
Cons
poor management, bad hours, no planning
Nice place to work!
CREW/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 March 2018
A typical day is arriving with smiles from fellow co workers and greetings from each other then on to find out the days tasks and head down to accomplish those tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible while greeting and serving customers in between.

The hardest part of the job would be to accomplish high sales and daily tasks at night with only two people on the floor. The most enjoyable part would be getting to meet new people and getting compliments on my speed and quality of service. Overall, great experience to work here!
Productive, fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2018
Pita Pit crew members perform many jobs during shift hours. Responsibilities include prepping food and work stations, maintaining restaurant equipment, practicing quality control, and keeping restaurant cleans, sanitized, and organized. Additional job duties may consist of operating cash registers, interacting with customers, and preparing menu items. Ideal pit crew employees with The Pita Pit possess effective social skills, work efficiently and quickly, and maintain positive attitudes under pressure. Starting pay begins at minimum wage and may increase up to $11.00 an hour.
Looks good on the outside, sketchy on the inside
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 March 2018
(wonderland N and S locations) terrible turnover rate, understaffed to save money, will cut hours or force you to work way more than you asked for without notice, will change schedule once it is already out, no free meals, don't give legal breaks, will guilt trip you into working on a day off, will make you come in when you've called in sick, management is abusive and unprofessional, unequal tip distribution, just terrible
Pros
uhhhhh? 50% off food I guess
Cons
management, scheduling, breaks, etc.
It was a productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON28 February 2018
Overstaffed and cannot guarantee hours. No set scheduling. A very easy going place of work. Everyone is friendly and accepting. The environment is VERY happy.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Everything else
friendly enviornment, good place to learn the speed of the industry
Service, Food prep, Griddle operation (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC27 February 2018
the hours were easy and mostly short.
i learned a lot from it being an opening pita pit; being flexible when ordering food, customer service, advertisement.
the job as a whole was very enjoyable and a good start for anyone.
Terrible place to work
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 February 2018
All in all working at pita pit is a very easy job, if you can handle standing on your feet all day with the possibility of no breaks whatsoever. The owner of both locations in Windsor is completely unprofessional and does not care at all about his employees. There is absolutely no room for advancement no matter how hard you work or how long you've been there. If you are not available to work 7 days a week any time of day while the business is open, you are treated as if you are useless. Also, if you are asked to go in early or something of that matter and you are unable to, the owner will hold that against you. I wouldn't suggest working here to anyone, it was a terrible experience and I have heard from so many people since that pita pit is an awful place to work, reasons being always leads back to the owner.
Pros
sometimes fun staff
Cons
owner/high turnover rate
Very positive environment with excellent co-workers.
Pita Pit staff (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 February 2018
At Pita Pit, I would usually make pitas for the customers and prepared the food in the kitchen. I would also help with cleaning and dishes. I learned how to use the cash register and how to maintain a quick service restaurant. I also learned how to balance my school, personal and work life properly. Most importantly I learned how to get a long and work along side my co-workers and customers. I got to know the Pita Pit staff very closely and had a great work experience with them. They were always positive and made working there a great learning experience. My managers and co-workers listened to my opinions and treated me very fairly. The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything was done before the end of the night, especially on busy days. The best part of working at pita pit was my fantastic co-workers and customers. Almost everybody I came across were very nice.
Pros
Positive environment and great hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Wonderful staff and work ethic
Cashier, grill , front station (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 February 2018
Very good place to work staff was very friendly and tried to work around your sceduals, was harder sometimes to get shifts but over all a very good place to work if you were hired as full time and not part time
Pros
Great people
Cons
long hours on your feet
Fun work place poor management, poor salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS9 February 2018
Management bully people , saw this happen in many different occasions! Salary is very low for the amount of work a responsibility there was on each person!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very fast paced with short window of time to get more then one persons worth of work done ! Low pay
WORST management ever.
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2018
after working for many different managers and never experiencing a problem, I started working at pita pit where I was treated like absolute garbage. This job had terrible management and even worse owners. not only did they not care about their employees but they also belittled them and were extremely condescending.
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
everything was awful