Pita Pit Employee Reviews

It was a neat job. You learn how yo cook on a grill and make pitas. Clean environment.
Cashier, grill (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON14 October 2018
I liked this job. This job was easy and fun. You had to keep jt clean fro it was dealing with food all day. It was different learning how to use the grill. Also cleaning the store was different. All together a very good job to have. As long as you like to talk to people all day.
Pros
You got deals on what you bought. It was healthy food. Reliable hours
Cons
There wasnt really any cons. It was a good job.
Fun casual place to work with good support systems in place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON10 October 2018
Pita Pit has a great working culture with tons of support systems in place starting at the top from head office to business coaches to ownership and other franchisees. It also has a great working atmosphere that is very structured which makes getting day to day duties completed eaisly.
This Job was decent
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON5 October 2018
The management team prior to the summer of this year was good, however after the place was sold, I found the new management team to be very different.
Pros
We got discounted food
Cons
not many hours, poor treatment
Amazing Experience
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 October 2018
All in all, I had an amazing time working with Pita Pit Milton. Yes it can be stressful and it was sometimes hard but the team always pulled together. The owner is very involved which I liked. The general manager is great. She is fair and tries really hard to keep all employees happy. School lunches were a pain in the butt with starting at 430 - 5am. The regular customers really do make the job enjoyable and my coworkers were all amazing. I learnt a lot about the industry here and appreciate the hard work the manager put into training me.
Pros
Great teamwork environment
Pita Pit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 September 2018
It was another learning and growing experience. And I loved the people I worked with. I didn't come across very many angry customers which made the job a lot better. Making healthy food is better then fast food.
Really not bad at all. But the boss is.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 September 2018
Now i dont mean the supervisor. I mean the boss. He constantly tells you to work faster when hes even around (which isnt often) and when it comes time for pay hes usually late with it and the pay isnt even worth waiting for.
Pros
Half off everything in store.
Cons
Boss's work ethics and delayed pay.
Good work place for a student
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 August 2018
I gained knowledge about the Canadian business environment. Normally, it's the same routine at the work. as per my opinion toughest part in this job is meeting with the customer's expectations.
The work environment is very good. Enjoy the company of my colleagues. Great experience to work as a team at such place.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very exhausting
dont like the boss
Food Prep/ Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 August 2018
boss is horrible, doesn't train people properly. has no consideration towards anyone working there. rude to customers. the list goes on and on. would never work there again, unless there was new management.
Pros
Cons
the boss
fun place to work
Pita Pit maker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2018
Hardest part of working there is dealing with all the immature mean girl that are your coworkers. dealing with crazy customers.

the owner of the place is so nice and cares so much about you.
caring, fair work place with good hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 August 2018
I loved working at pita pit it was definitely my favourite job hands down, the staff was amazing but the thing I enjoyed most was the costumers, especially the regulars.
Pros
cheap lunch!
Cons
i had no cons working there
friendly staff, as well as customers, fun workplace enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 July 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for pita,as i got along with all of the staff, the customer base was very friendly and i had the opportunity to put my customer service to the real test, ensuring that every customer left with a smile and a positive experience in the restaurant. Pita pit was very accommodating in terms of homelife barriers as i was taking care of two young boys at the time i found that they went above and beyond for their employees as well as their customers.
Pros
We had a 50% discount on any item in the store
Cons
We didn't always have enough time to close the store efficiently
fun place to work
Key holder/ Night-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 July 2018
The owner is a kind lady, she was more of a friend than a boss, she cares about her workers. The hardest part of this job would be if there was an issue with a customer that was out of your control, cause at the end of the day, you just want each customer to leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 July 2018
My most enjoyable part of the job would of had to of been making the pitas. It was a small to place to work, therefore our team wasn't very big. It made working there pleasant.
Pita Pit
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dundas/ Franklin-Cambridge4 July 2018
I loved working at Pita Pit! It was a very fun and happy environment. I would be cashing in customers and making their pitas how they wanted it, I would also do food prep and clean up things that needed to be cleaned. I learned how to work the cash register and how to roll the pitas perfectly. The hardest part of the job was rush hour, many people coming in and working cash, putting meat on grill and making the pitas. The best part of the job is getting to know your co workers and working together as a team to get the job done faster. The management was good but I find I found better ways to get things done and asked my manager if the things I was going to do was okay and he approved.
Pros
Making customers happy.
Cons
Busy times with not enough staff.
Great fun place to eat
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB28 June 2018
Would supervise up to 5 employees, with no supervision, ordering from vendors, putting away orders, serve clients fast pace, keep restaurant clean, Tips Donated to local schools for the kids, etc.,
Pros
50% off Lunch
Cons
Low Pay / No Tips
very good
Customer Service Representative/Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
very good experience with flexible hours and good pay. offer full time. got to learn very good skills in cash handling and customer service. manager was very nice and helpful.
Horrible management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 June 2018
The manager at the milton location never seemed to care about his employees, and this was evident through how he talked to the other employees and staff it was a very toxic environment
Pros
cheap pitas
Cons
management
great
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 June 2018
love it, helped me through my nursing school. Staff were great, got all my hours I needed to pay my bills. Always were flexible when situations came up such as clinical and work being scheduled on such days. The customers were great, made it feel like home.
Excellent place to work great environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON29 May 2018
Your typical day working at Pita Pit consisted of serving customers and using the till and stove. You also would prep the veggies so that they would be ready to stock as needed. Keeping the workplace clean was on demand work, you did what you could to clean up in the time you had during open hours.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Not many breaks
Productive with customer service
Cashier/All (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
So far I have learned at my previous work is how to communicate with customers when something goes wrong and how to approach to them so they are satisfied on what they needed. The workplace was very friendly and outgoing. There was no part in the job that was the hardest everything was easy to handle.
Pros
15% discount when we purchase food.
Cons
was not busy