Pita Pit Employee Reviews

open late
organized very well
helpful to customers
great prices
able to increase sales and achieve customer relations
Pros
free lunch
Great Food !
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 January 2019
This company was good to work at , friendly staff and customers . Great food and always fresh ! Had to leave due to I moved to a new town . Good job and got to expand upon my skills and experienc
poorly managed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 January 2019
employees constantly work alone, claims tips are shared but that is untrue, nepotism and favouritism is very prominent, there is an obvious hierarchy between the day shift workers and night shift. Employees are expected to do managerial duties on a minimum wage salary. Overall it is a very easy job, you can go home and leave the job there. regular customers are very nice and understanding of the long wait times
Pros
hours are very flexible, fairly easy job
Cons
unprofessional coworkers
Amazing place
Pita Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2019
Pita Pit had an amazing team environment, everyone worked as a team. Their management was outstanding and they always made sure the customers came first before anything else.
bad
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 December 2018
boss is not professional and does not know how to speak to the employees and fired me for writing and exam rather than working a shift that i now have no proof that i had
decent work
Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 November 2018
making pitas is pretty easy but its all of the prep work they have everyone doing all the time that no one would see. also me and two other employees got fired randomly over email after working there for just under three months
Worst employee treatment
Pita Maker (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON24 January 2019
When I first began working here, I watcher both managers manipulate the schedules to work for them- and them only. I saw the poor treatment of the girl there before me, and how badly they all spoke about her to fire her for nothing in the end. I was scorned, embarrassed and treated very poorly. Had to fight for my pay when I had left.
Great starting job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON16 January 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Pita Pit.
If it weren't for only making minimum wage I would have stayed a lot longer.
Coworkers were always pleasant and helpful, and management/owners pulled their weight pretty well.
The work is very easy, and the routine is easy to fall into.
Pros
the friendly staff and morale
Cons
low pay
I enjoyed it in the beginning
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 January 2019
I had a really good time there when I first started, clicked very well with the ladies there. Then it fell under new management, which it started going downhill from there. I left very abruptly because of the continued harassment from the manager there, and the owner wouldn't do anything about it, even after I told her what was going on. Ignoring my relationship with the manager, I loved my job there.
Pros
Great people, healthy food, flexible schedule
Cons
manager, low wages
great first job.
pita crew (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC24 January 2019
pita pit was my first job and it has helped me gain experience in so many other aspects than rolling a pita.the management and work culture is so welcoming and warm to everyone i've seen come through.
Team work
Pita pit (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 January 2019
It was a great work environment, lots of positivity and support (especially during busy times). Everybody worked together really well, the job itself is not too straining, great fit if you are social and like customer service jobs.
Fun place to work
Pita Maker (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON15 December 2018
I only worked there for a couple of months but it was an enjoyable workplace with flexible hours. A typical shift would include preparing and weighing meat, washing and cutting vegetables, making pitas and smoothies and cleaning.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 December 2018
This is a great place to work. There are many great people who work here. the work can be paced at times but you will always feel a sense of accomplishment once your shift is over.
Not worth it
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC21 November 2018
Although your Fellow crew members made the job abit more bareable. as well as serving the occasionally distraction from constant overstaffing, oh you lost hours due to over staffing? To bad, no making up lost hours. Scheduling is never final, so make sure you check, double check and triple check your hours throughout the week, because they are always subject to change by managenent and its on you to know they changed it, they wobt tell you when they do it.
Pros
Crew
Cons
Under Poor ownership
Hard to understand management, fast paced learning
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS19 November 2018
I found at my location I found it hard to understand the foreign management which made it difficult to learn the job. vary fast paced learning and not much room for errors as it is a busy place. employees were friendly.
Pros
discounted food, flexible schedule, new restaurant
Cons
Busy, very fast paced, difficult to learn process unless skilled.
this place sucks
worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 November 2018
management is terrible to the point where I do management jobs and am not giving any credit. the owner does not care about the establishment or the workers
Pros
half off food
Cons
everything else
okay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 November 2018
Fine job for any high school students, no real room for growth. Friendly staff, sometimes un organized, some what accommodating when given short notice.
It was a neat job. You learn how yo cook on a grill and make pitas. Clean environment.
Cashier, grill (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON14 October 2018
I liked this job. This job was easy and fun. You had to keep jt clean fro it was dealing with food all day. It was different learning how to use the grill. Also cleaning the store was different. All together a very good job to have. As long as you like to talk to people all day.
Pros
You got deals on what you bought. It was healthy food. Reliable hours
Cons
There wasnt really any cons. It was a good job.
Fun casual place to work with good support systems in place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON10 October 2018
Pita Pit has a great working culture with tons of support systems in place starting at the top from head office to business coaches to ownership and other franchisees. It also has a great working atmosphere that is very structured which makes getting day to day duties completed eaisly.
Amazing Experience
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 October 2018
All in all, I had an amazing time working with Pita Pit Milton. Yes it can be stressful and it was sometimes hard but the team always pulled together. The owner is very involved which I liked. The general manager is great. She is fair and tries really hard to keep all employees happy. School lunches were a pain in the butt with starting at 430 - 5am. The regular customers really do make the job enjoyable and my coworkers were all amazing. I learnt a lot about the industry here and appreciate the hard work the manager put into training me.
Pros
Great teamwork environment