Pita Pit

Pita Pit Employee Reviews

Canada376 reviews
very very busy work enviroment
this wasn't exactly my type of job since it requires lots of multi-tasking. there are many positions the employees must perform there. including lots of food prep and cashiering.
Relaxed, fresh, but a less-desirable work environment.
Training was extremely unorganized. I was trained to do the same task in multiple different ways. Communication was lacking, example. Shift changes, workplace updates, general questions for employees all handled through Facebook. Several workplace and labor law violations.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
unreliable work
Love it
I love it there. My owner/boss is amazing and she works with many schedule when I need time off since I’m a singe mom. She’s friendly and knows her stuff she’s great with costume
Fast-paced work environment
Days are often the same, as you are doing the same tasks every day. There are lots of ways to improve as an employee, such as providing better customer service and completing tasks to a better degree. The workplace is friendly, and the staff feel like family. The most difficult part of the job is picking up skills with tools and food, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow staff members and friendly regular customers.
Pros
Welcoming staff
Cons
when it gets busy and there are minimal staff working
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work.
This job provided a fast paced environment as well as friendly staff and customers. Lots of work to keep up with and made great connections with team members and management. I loved my time with this franchise.
Mixed emotions
Very stressful at times when it got busy. co workers were very helpful when learning new things. Not very flexible with school hours / extra activities. It was fun to learn what its like behind the scenes of making pitas and the process of everything.
Very understanding and helpful employers
At pita pit your daily tasks include, serving customers, cleaning, prep, and closing duties. The management at my pita pit branch was always very helpful and understanding of personal life and work problems, and accommodated their employees to the best of their abilities
great working environment
The work culture is amazing. The company consciously makes an effort to provide work-life balance. The staff is inclusive and works as a team across all business areas.
Casual pit crew worker
Its a good job if your are looking for short term employment. It's not recommended to work at that location for more than a year. It is extremely fast paced and management needs improvement.
Fast-pace colaborative environment
Pita Pit was a fun place to work. There was never a dull moment at it is frequently busy and there is always something to do. It is important to work well with other employees and communication is key.
pretty great
It was a great place to work, honestly the best job I'd ever had as a teen. Really great people, and our customers were very nice. The job was pretty moderately paced, with some busy rush hours and then some more relaxed. It wasn't very hard as a fast food restaurant, a bit expensive but they gave us a discount. The food is good, and we were held to high standards to make sure that we kept customers satisfied and loyal, as well as keeping the general maintenance of the place running smoothly.
Easy job, stressful owner.
The job is good and easy, you will be booked a lot as lots of people quit after meeting the owner. The supervisors are awesome, the managers are awesome, even the job itself is awesome. You get the same friendly customers day in and day out. You get to be on your phone in the back, and you can take smoke breaks when ever you want. It is a pretty cool environment to be in. Would not recommend working here if you can not withstand a good lecture.
Pita Pit Review
Overall, this was very enjoyable! I gained food service, customer service and organization skills to put towards a future job. I would recommend this as a good starting job as everybody was very helpful and the environment was amazing.
Went very well
They were very friendly and relaxed, they hired me right away and they had the best managers I’ve ever worked for. When leaving the work placement they told me if I ever moved back to Moncton they would instantly give me a job there again
Productive and fun environment
Amazing workplace environment. Great training and health and safety is always a priority like it should be in a fast-food environment. Will definetely work at another pita pit in the future if need be.
Amazing first job
This was my first job and it was extremely rewarding. The management and owners are extremely friendly and are very supportive of their employees, making it a very welcoming workplace.
nice owners - difficult training
we had like 5 other new employees over the two months that i worked there, all of which started after me and left before me. the owners were very nice, but they were hiring for the rush shift. for some reason, training seemed impossible: none of us (not even me after two entire months of working there) could seem to make the pitas correctly or quick enough to be able to satisfy customers/company policy. i will be honest - i left out of self-pity after being told that i wasn't good enough at it and that i had to switch to the evening shift. it was that bad.

the manager on shift was also terrifying? not that that has anything to do with pita pit in general. but she blamed every single thing that went wrong on me (even when it could very easily have been her or both of our collective fault) and didnt help me fix mistakes that i, a very new employee and a teenager who was just starting at their first job, made. since she was always working with me, and was often the ONLY other person who was working with me... even the lax attitude of the owners couldn't keep going to work from being incredibly stressful, all the time.
Can be easily stressful but once you learn it becomes easy.
Imagine your typical fast food restuarant, most don't have drive-thrus, it's quite faced paced through long periods of the day. It is very easy to adapt and learned, you will become confident quickly.
Pita pit
Pita pit wasn’t that great of a job I worked there for over 3 years & I was only making to $300 to $400 a paycheque that’s why I’m looking for a better & full time job
Pros
People were nice
Cons
Not enough pay
good management. Fun work environment.
It was really good work experience. The manager was very nice and very flexible with hours. Treated really well and everybody i worked with was very nice. Only cons would be that they will give you shifts at other locations without much notice.
learning, fast paced, fun
Its hard at first but once you get the hang of things, it is actually quite easy and can be really fun. It tends to get quite busy around lunch time so you have to rely on your coworkers that they heard you so they can successfully complete their part of the job.