Pita Pit Employee Reviews

Really not bad at all. But the boss is.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 September 2018
Now i dont mean the supervisor. I mean the boss. He constantly tells you to work faster when hes even around (which isnt often) and when it comes time for pay hes usually late with it and the pay isnt even worth waiting for.
Pros
Half off everything in store.
Cons
Boss's work ethics and delayed pay.
Good work place for a student
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 August 2018
I gained knowledge about the Canadian business environment. Normally, it's the same routine at the work. as per my opinion toughest part in this job is meeting with the customer's expectations.
The work environment is very good. Enjoy the company of my colleagues. Great experience to work as a team at such place.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very exhausting
dont like the boss
Food Prep/ Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 August 2018
boss is horrible, doesn't train people properly. has no consideration towards anyone working there. rude to customers. the list goes on and on. would never work there again, unless there was new management.
Pros
Cons
the boss
fun place to work
Pita Pit maker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2018
Hardest part of working there is dealing with all the immature mean girl that are your coworkers. dealing with crazy customers.

the owner of the place is so nice and cares so much about you.
caring, fair work place with good hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 August 2018
I loved working at pita pit it was definitely my favourite job hands down, the staff was amazing but the thing I enjoyed most was the costumers, especially the regulars.
Pros
cheap lunch!
Cons
i had no cons working there
friendly staff, as well as customers, fun workplace enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 July 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for pita,as i got along with all of the staff, the customer base was very friendly and i had the opportunity to put my customer service to the real test, ensuring that every customer left with a smile and a positive experience in the restaurant. Pita pit was very accommodating in terms of homelife barriers as i was taking care of two young boys at the time i found that they went above and beyond for their employees as well as their customers.
Pros
We had a 50% discount on any item in the store
Cons
We didn't always have enough time to close the store efficiently
fun place to work
Key holder/ Night-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 July 2018
The owner is a kind lady, she was more of a friend than a boss, she cares about her workers. The hardest part of this job would be if there was an issue with a customer that was out of your control, cause at the end of the day, you just want each customer to leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 July 2018
My most enjoyable part of the job would of had to of been making the pitas. It was a small to place to work, therefore our team wasn't very big. It made working there pleasant.
Pita Pit
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dundas/ Franklin-Cambridge4 July 2018
I loved working at Pita Pit! It was a very fun and happy environment. I would be cashing in customers and making their pitas how they wanted it, I would also do food prep and clean up things that needed to be cleaned. I learned how to work the cash register and how to roll the pitas perfectly. The hardest part of the job was rush hour, many people coming in and working cash, putting meat on grill and making the pitas. The best part of the job is getting to know your co workers and working together as a team to get the job done faster. The management was good but I find I found better ways to get things done and asked my manager if the things I was going to do was okay and he approved.
Pros
Making customers happy.
Cons
Busy times with not enough staff.
Great fun place to eat
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB28 June 2018
Would supervise up to 5 employees, with no supervision, ordering from vendors, putting away orders, serve clients fast pace, keep restaurant clean, Tips Donated to local schools for the kids, etc.,
Pros
50% off Lunch
Cons
Low Pay / No Tips
very good
Customer Service Representative/Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
very good experience with flexible hours and good pay. offer full time. got to learn very good skills in cash handling and customer service. manager was very nice and helpful.
Horrible management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 June 2018
The manager at the milton location never seemed to care about his employees, and this was evident through how he talked to the other employees and staff it was a very toxic environment
Pros
cheap pitas
Cons
management
great
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 June 2018
love it, helped me through my nursing school. Staff were great, got all my hours I needed to pay my bills. Always were flexible when situations came up such as clinical and work being scheduled on such days. The customers were great, made it feel like home.
Excellent place to work great environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON29 May 2018
Your typical day working at Pita Pit consisted of serving customers and using the till and stove. You also would prep the veggies so that they would be ready to stock as needed. Keeping the workplace clean was on demand work, you did what you could to clean up in the time you had during open hours.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Not many breaks
Productive with customer service
Cashier/All (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
So far I have learned at my previous work is how to communicate with customers when something goes wrong and how to approach to them so they are satisfied on what they needed. The workplace was very friendly and outgoing. There was no part in the job that was the hardest everything was easy to handle.
Pros
15% discount when we purchase food.
Cons
was not busy
I only enjoyed working there at the start.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Summerside, PE1 May 2018
Everyone that works there are all friends so the supervisor thinks they can get away with a lot of things just because they are the manager's best friend. They are unpleasant to work with and like to start drama. They violated multiple worker's rights. The supervisor can't be trusted by anyone. I am the youngest so was taken advantage of and expected to do all the work.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
About everything
I liked working there
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 April 2018
It was a great job, I loved it, but I had to leave due to a shoulder injury (unrelated to work) that has since healed. Great environment, good coworkers
owner / operator
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON11 April 2018
Great company to work with very supporting staff and head office. It was a great learning experience owning and operating my own restaurant. Happy to gain the experience.
Pros
learning how to run a business to be profitable.
Cons
Stress from owning a business
Enjoyable workplace but productive
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 April 2018
Management was usually all over the place, the hours weren't always correct when it came to payday, some co workers took it at liberty to boss others around, always understaffed, you could not call in if you were sick, they would make you show up for your shift and work until you puked before they let you go home if there was no one to cover your shift, always to many tasks to be done and not enough staff to do it all. only enjoyed working there because of the social skills it allows you to build.
fast pace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB27 March 2018
it was a good job with lots going on. at points you are so overwhelmed by the line of people waiting for there food but you just work through it and it makes the day fly by