Pit Stop Portable Toilet Services Ltd

- Close to zero support

-Very toxic work culture

-Always changing

-Very low job security

-Management not open to ideas or listening to their employees

-Management has Ego issues in terms of "We know it all"

Overall I would not recommend working at Pit Stop Portables.

From my experience at Pit Stop and hearing from other employees, other than drivers and yard personnel, no one has lasted over 15 months in the company.
Pros
Coworkers can be fun
Cons
Very poor management in place, from top to bottom level
Hired to drive roll off. One week before I was to start got a phone. Was told that the office manager change her mind and rehired ex empolyee who had quit twice on them. Good thing I didn't hand in my notice at the company that I was employed with. "Stay away "these people can't be trusted. Especially the office manager.
Pros
Cons
Office Management
Typical workday includes deliveries and pickups. Hardest part of the jobs as time management as there are a lot of deliveries to go thru in a day and they are usually all over the lower mainland.
I HEARD The hiring manager talking to one driver about how slow an useless another driver was.The manager at the coquitlam yard is a LOOSER who shouldn't be in the position he's in. He has never drove a pump truck or even went out on a route but will whine that you took too long. They will have you go out for a day or two then expect you to know everything.
Ops manager and district manager are the biggest Egomaniacs I have worked for. They talk down to their employees as if they are 10 year olds. They talk trash about drivers in front of other employees and have micromanaging down to splitting hairs.

Constant complaining about not enough bins being done in a day when the work is being done accordingly
Absolute worst place to work for in my entire life.
I got hurt on the job, went to the doctor and got a VALID NOTE excusing me from work for 2 weeks, and then they let me go because to them "I couldn't perform the job they hired me to do".

It's a stupid company, and the driver manager, is an absolute idiot

Do not work for this company
Pros
Few drivers
Cons
All management
Pit Stop is a great company to work for. The upper management are true leaders and very helpful and understanding. The staff are great to work with. The atmosphere is great with office staff and drivers. Social committee organizes fun events for all staff to participate in on a regular basis.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great staff and management
I have worked here at Pit Stop just over 2 years. having worked for a previous company who only sees an employee as a number. Pit Stop knows your name!

Workplace Culture;

Pit Stop employees and Management work together in a team environment. yes, during the summer months you will experience long hours, but this is how a company grows. ' Make Hay while the Sun shines'. As a growing company they have not lost their humble roots. I am proud to be a Pit Stop Team Member. Hard work does not go unnoticed and neither do you.

Management:

The company has an open door policy. Suggestions/ideas do not go unnoticed, these are put forth and talked about amongst the team.

Pit Stop enjoys Lunch and Learns, Ted Talks, and has an amazing Social and Safety Committee; monthly events, birthday cakes, team incentives, prize giveaways.

As a Huge Thank you to all the employees, Management holds a Company year end weekend event to wrap up the long hours and hard work during the summer months. . Work Hard Play Hard.

But Pit Stop is more than a prize giveaway company. Management truly have your best interest at heart. Pit Stop encourages educational growth, Pit Stop recognizes education as a cornerstone to any company, and have worked alongside those who want to pursue a higher education.

If you have a Can do attitude and carry a positive personality. I recommend Pit Stop as you future employer.
Pros
Monthly Social Events, Caring Team environment, your own desk.
Cons
No Cons
Pit Stop is such a great place to work! The employee morale is awesome, I really enjoy working for the company.

The office does 1 social committee event (camping, axe throwing, locked room) a month and it is fun and a great way to get to know your co-workers. Everyone has a great professional relationship with one another, these relationships allow for us to work better as a team.

Management is great. They will always find solutions to your problems, just ask for help! They are there for you.

Expect some long days and long hours in the summer, however hard work is never unnoticed. Time also flies by when you have a team of rock stars working alongside you!
Pros
Room to grow, social committee, safe, overtime
I love working at Pit Stop. The management and ownership are great to work with and are very supportive of me and my role. There really is an open door policy. I feel very comfortable bringing ideas to the table or suggestions.

This is the first place I have worked where the company hosts team building events each month. They are really fun and really allow the team to get to know each other on a more personal level. This really helps with the overall dynamic while working. We also have a Christmas party each year where the company covers everything. The economy in Calgary has really been struggling the last few years and we see how it affects our friends and family everyday. It's nice knowing that even through tough times, Pit Stop is not willing to sacrifice these types of events. It makes me really grateful for have a job with Pit Stop.

Throughout the years I have worked in many different roles throughout the company. From outside sales, inside sales, event sales, dispatch and now operations. Each time, I was provided with an opportunity for advancement. I found that the management and ownership really invested in me when I invested in them and the company. It's great being a part of a team where hard work is acknowledged and celebrated.

I would highly recommend working at Pit Stop to anyone who may be considering it.
Pros
Hours, Co-workers, Culture, Location, Support, Room for Advancement, Fun
Always given an appropriate amount of time to complete tasks.
Your voice is heard by management, opinions/ideas are always welcome.

FUN workplace culture! As they say we Work Hard + Play Hard. We host lots of culture building events.
Pros
Good work/life balance, Fun culture, Forward thinking company, Great co-workers
Management is clear with what is expected. They will give you the tools to succeed. There is room for advancement if you show you understand process and systems set in place
Possibly without question one of the worst places I have worked..managements expectations are totally unrealistic...do yorself a favour & do not work with this poorly mismanaged non caring company..
Pros
?? Maybe too many hourd
Cons
Too many too list
I have been working at Pit Stop for a little over a year and the company is wonderful. The Owners of the company are very supportive and have taken initiatives to implement social committee events for the staff, provides a great salary and benefit plan and has open and honest relationships with all of their staff. The President of the company even has an open door policy, which allows staff direct interaction. The drivers and support staff are amazing.
Pros
Social Committee Functions, Benefits, Good Wages
Driver's respond well to management and dispatch.
Everyone always willing to help out when they can. Yard is very organized, Maintenance department easy to communicate with and get issues resolved in a timely manner.

Lots to learn and everyone willing to help teach you.

The culture is refreshing and the core values are most definitely present in the day to day operation at Pit stop.

My favorite thing about working here has to be the atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and wants to help one another succeed.
Pros
Great location, Room to grow.
Cons
Need more drivers.
Hired for one job ended up doing another
Co worker in office always on the phone with bf arguing

Unproffesional management of routes

Too many cross job duties assigned and never communicated

Accountant crying daily and using staff as support

Accounts never paid up to date and collections of money always difficult

Not communesated, well below average by the thousands

Work in a portable in the middle of a yard

Drivers never happy and always over worked

Employees not reprimanded properly for continual mistakes

Customers are grumpy, rude and demanding

All in all your lucky to have 1 good day a week
Pros
Central location
Cons
Management is poor and all over the place.

You will be expected to adapt to constant chaos and change. You will be expected to work an unreasonable amount of hours in the summer.

The core values they preach is not what they practice.

Overall not a good opportunity in the office, in a management position or on the road.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Poor communication with management and to much favoritism involved even for employees that clearly aren't up to their tasks.

Will ask for advice and want a job plan however it will not be followed

Will want proper repairs done on equipment and even if locked out drivers will take regardless

Lack of and safety program and when implemented on followed for a short time. Money over safety seems to be the policy

Way too much babysitting of drivers by management and everything swept under the rug even if it's a severe safety and clear road violation has per DOT.

Policy only changed if DOT is involved then back to same routine soon has smoke cleared
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Management and fleet drivers
Pit Stop is a company that touts it's values, but fails to follow them from upper management. In a stint of 18 months with the company there were over 22 changes in office staff. Some were voluntary, however, many were not.

Management continued to request that more reports be filled out, more data management be done, but failed to give any accolades on the quality of work presented. They expect data input on the same call in at least three different areas and then wonder why people are not able to do all that the job entails AND fill out their reports.

They place people in rolls that are not what the employee signed on for, and then fire the employee because they failed to do the job given. Management tells the employees to use certain strategies and then are shocked when they don't work. They don't provide adequate training and continually set their "team" up for failure.
Pros
The coworkers are genuinely nice people
Cons
Managment is a huge issue and what needs to resolve never will until ownership changes hands.
no real people skills u work till your route is donelearned not to get injured on the job there is no safeguard for employees you r just a number co workers r great no disability long or short term hardest part is listening to management tell you how good it is most enjoyable is my fellow workers
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
no help from company to individuals
A fun workplace, no micromanaging, decent pay, great systems and very structured.

most enjoyed part of my job is making sales, talking to people and helping them with thier problems.

It's an independant company so you do not feel like your just a number.

A great team environment, sometimes we all wear different hats to get the job done!
Pros
free lunches sometimes, occasional team outings, a teamwork environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pit Stop Portable Toilet Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8