Piranha Games Inc. logo

Piranha Games Inc. Employee Reviews

Best Game Studio I've been so far

Featured review

Piranha Games Inc. selected this as a representative review
Piranha Games is the studio that has opened the doors for me and made me feel like Home. I've been always pursuing the "Ikigai" concept, meaning the perfect balance between What do I love, What am I good at, What does the world needs from me, and What can I get paid for. Pirahangames is all that, I feel comfortable, welcomed, I come happily to work, share, learn and create products with my care and passion. Being part of a great team that shares the same feeling. A relaxed environment is quite important for our products and I'm so happy to be part of the Piranha'as team. Not to mention in these challenging times with the COVID-19 they've been really supportive and professional by having a solid remote work system.

A great place to work at!

Working here provides a great work life balance and the people here are all friendly so it feels more like a family. We also have a number of social events where we get a chance to spend time in a more relaxed setting. Moreover, professionally there are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and innovate. Management are understanding and supportive, and even though it is a busy environment everyone respects your time.

Solid company that looks to improve

Piranha has been around for 20 years, and has gone from making niche market fishing games, to well-reviewed mainstream titles. Crunch time had been a problem on earlier projects, but they have mostly solved that. The owner and most staff are passionate about the products they make, and employees are generally open to ideas. The current HR is great, and this has been a huge step up for Piranha, particularly for recruitment. Job satisfaction can vary immensely. Senior management does not check up on workload, and if you are not a self-starter, you will be quite bored (but not fired, at least not until a project gets cancelled).

Pros

Profitable, Passionate, Balanced

Cons

Loosely managed, Communication issues

The benefits that come with working for a smaller company shouldn't be underestimated.

Pros The bosses are approachable and genuinely care about the employees. They are passionate about the product and work hard to make it the best that it can be. For the most part, we are relatively insulated from the soul crushing work/life balance issues that are typical of the industry. The comparatively small size of the company means that if you want them to, your ideas and work can really make a meaningful impact on the product. Cons There's a fine line between too much structure and not enough, and I think that oftentimes we find ourselves on the side of not enough. Consequently, self motivation will get you a long way.

Relaxed environment and great benefits!

I've been here for a short time but had no issues settling in! PGI is a stable, easy-going environment with a familial atmosphere. These people genuinely care about each other and are dedicated to the success of the studio. Many staff members are very tenured - which is great. There is a LOT of knowledge and experience here and everyone is willing to help you. :) The work/life balance is good. Schedules are relatively flexible. There are a decent amount of social events and nice in-office perks. Overall, a great place to work so far!

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, easy to make a meaningful impact in your work

Cons

Small company, with a relatively flat organizational structure which does not lend itself to upward career mobility

Bad politics and zero potential for growth

Not a good place to work, only buddies with the owners get FT. long hours with poor pay. Art Directors and producers really expect a lot considering they were fired from their jobs or have 0 game experience.Don't work here.

Just walk away

This company would be amazing to work for, were it not for the troika running it. The three main executives are consistently nepotistic towards advancement, callous towards their customers, arrogant towards licencors, stubborn to new and useful ideas, and outright deceitful in their promises to customers and employees alike. They will happily make you work overtime without any intention to recognize or pay for it. They are also willing to sacrifice the career and names of their workers if it means avoiding ever apologizing for their own mistakes and policies. Never bother with this company for products or employment.

Pros

Free soda & granola, great team

Cons

Terrible leadership

Nice work environment with a mature and professional attitude

It was fun being there A typical day involved doing work Management had people managing Co-workers worked together It was a good workplace

Flexible workplace but meager compensation

Occasionally required to work long days and weekends for extended periods of time with pay and compensation below industry standards.

Jobs at Piranha Games Inc.