Piranha Games Inc.
View all Piranha Games Inc. reviews

Piranha Games Inc.

Piranha Games Inc. Employee Review

Pros The bosses are approachable and genuinely care about the employees. They are passionate about the product and work hard to make it the best that it can be. For the most part, we are relatively insulated from the soul crushing work/life balance issues that are typical of the industry. The comparatively small size of the company means that if you want them to, your ideas and work can really make a meaningful impact on the product. Cons There's a fine line between too much structure and not enough, and I think that oftentimes we find ourselves on the side of not enough. Consequently, self motivation will get you a long way.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

A great place to work at!

Working here provides a great work life balance and the people here are all friendly so it feels more like a family. We also have a number of social events where we get a chance to spend time in a more relaxed setting. Moreover, professionally there are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and innovate. Management are understanding and supportive, and even though it is a busy environment everyone respects your time.
Same location

Solid company that looks to improve

Piranha has been around for 20 years, and has gone from making niche market fishing games, to well-reviewed mainstream titles. Crunch time had been a problem on earlier projects, but they have mostly solved that. The owner and most staff are passionate about the products they make, and employees are generally open to ideas. The current HR is great, and this has been a huge step up for Piranha, particularly for recruitment. Job satisfaction can vary immensely. Senior management does not check up on workload, and if you are not a self-starter, you will be quite bored (but not fired, at least not until a project gets cancelled).

Pros

Profitable, Passionate, Balanced

Cons

Loosely managed, Communication issues

Best Game Studio I've been so far

Piranha Games is the studio that has opened the doors for me and made me feel like Home. I've been always pursuing the "Ikigai" concept, meaning the perfect balance between What do I love, What am I good at, What does the world needs from me, and What can I get paid for. Pirahangames is all that, I feel comfortable, welcomed, I come happily to work, share, learn and create products with my care and passion. Being part of a great team that shares the same feeling. A relaxed environment is quite important for our products and I'm so happy to be part of the Piranha'as team. Not to mention in these challenging times with the COVID-19 they've been really supportive and professional by having a solid remote work system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piranha Games Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Piranha Games Inc. reviews by location

Learn about Piranha Games Inc. in popular locations

• Piranha Games Inc.
  • The benefits that come with working for a smaller company shouldn't be underestimated.