Pioneer Manor

Pioneer Manor Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

staffworkworkingjobcareenjoyhardmanagement

great health care staff

the staff are amazing to work with!! the days are very rushed and very busy but if you can handle working in health care at a very fast pace i would recommend this place

Fast paced environment

You have to be fast because of the work load. Keep most of your opinions to yourself. You must follow the residents care plan. Some staff are excellent

Insights into Pioneer Manor

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Great place to work . Highly recommended

Pioneer manor is a city job, therefore the pay is the best it gets in our city... the atmosphere can be a little hectic and fast paced but this is to be expected in health care as every minute counts... pioneer manor is an amazing place to work. Its clean, the staff and management are friendly and it didnt take me long to feel like I was really part of the team.

Pros

Great pay. Can work as much as you want. Always shifts available

Cons

Long term care can be an emotional place to work if you get attatched to your residents.

Well managed & by the book company

Loved working here on afternoon shift.Staff is very friendly, everyone is helpful with each other. Staff is very well educated & updated With new policies/ safety education. I would recommend this facility to anyone that is serious in healthcare field.

Pros

Appreciated by management

Cons

Lots of gossiping so keep to yourself

Stressful

Very stressful place to work. Very high demands on the staff bordering on unsafe. They will nail you for every infraction but will never give you credit for going above and beyond. Read the book about Pioneer Manor before stepping foot in the building.

Pioneer Manor

Pioneer Manor is a great place to work , staff are welcoming but are over worked so can come across "short " when you pick up the pace and pitch in everything is better

TERRIBLE Management

The PC'S or any management for that fact are inconsiderate and terrible people. They dont appreciate the hard work you do for the residents. Terrible!!

Judgemental and intrusive

Worst experience ever working. Bon bon eating judgemental women who have no life outside of the job. I was treated very poorly and everyone talks trash behind your back. The chance you are given is laced with setting you up for failure. They took my confidence and my desire to ever work in that feild again.

Psw

Management at that nursing home will be the destruction of It. Worked there for 5 years and new management comes and goes so fast you cant keep track of whos your boss

If you care about your residents and not just a paycheck, work elsewhere.

Horrible place to work if you have a heart, truly care about the residents wellbeing and follow ministry standards. Management (or lack thereof) is atrocious. The concept of "program coordinators" is basically a ploy, to make HCA's and POA's believe someone actually cares about the residents and workplace health and safety. Staff are warned of ministry visits beforehand.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pioneer Manor?

Their Pay is the Best for PSW

I really enjoyed my time working there. Of course with all facilities; there are too many patients not enough time. Also always short of staff which make the days long and difficult.

Enjoyable work place

working at Pioneer Manor I was able to utilize my nursing skills in a professional manner. I worked with great staff and the facility was clean and run well.

A good experience for the future

I do my placement in the Activity area, I learn that some of the residents like to do activities and socialize with other residents. The most enjoyable part of the placement is to see their smiles and when they are happy because it is a good feeling.

Pros

interacting with the residents

Cons

don't have any

great salary but no chance of advancement

Very difficult to get better shifts if you are new. Shifts are predetermined in advance and seniority gets the best shifts. Very difficult if you are trying to raise a family and have work and life balance.

Working at pioneer manor

Its fast paced its always under staffed and not safe . To me you are just a number .They dont care how things are ran, and Scheduling is a joke. The good things are the residents , they become like family . If you make it to full-time they have good benefits and vacation package. Its hard to secure full-time they are always temp full-time postings. They want you to work full-time hours without the benefits.

Pros

the residents

Cons

full time hours without benefits

Fine summer work

Easy summer job, all I had to do was cut grass. Sitting mowers, wippersnippers. Clean up garbage, keep the grounds nice. Low standards because students tend to be idiots, according to the stories.

a great place to work

I have been at Pioneer for 5 years now. Its has its good days and bad days, but I love working here regardless. My coworkers are wonderful and the residents are what make me love my job even more.

rewarding job

pioneer has some of the most amazing residents, i had an amazing time with my placement as a psw at pioneer, it is so rewarding to help the individuals that cant always help themselves and its great to be able to just talk to them and make them smile or laugh, most of the staff i worked with are amazing individuals who love there job and love the people they care for but there are some who just try to get through the shift, all in all its good money and as long as you go in with that care in your heart nothing will stop you

Nice place to learn and explore

I used to see 29 to 32 residents in a day and sometimes these reached to 35 to 40 with 1:1 treatment. I learned variety of exercises. I learned how to manage my work efficiently. Hardest part of the job was to finish the decided number of residents to see in a day. Dealing with the residents and talking to them everyday made it the most enjoyable part of the job.

Excellent environment

It is a large long term care facility with many areas to excel and forward your career. working full time for almost 4 years i was able to learn an incredible amount about nursing and myself. I would highly recommend someone to work here.

loved it

loved working there as a student and learning all i know from the people there. it was a great experience. people where friendly and willing to help out when needed we worked as a team and got things done . the hardest part of the job was being new and having to work fast on my feet. the most enjoyable part of the job where the smiling people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Manor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement