Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Review

View all Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. reviews

Difficult minimum wage job with little job security; but friendly co-workers.
Corn Detassler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON7 July 2013
The work day starts at 6 am and can last till 5 pm. This can cause some personal issues; especially when the weather becomes very hot, which is most of the season. I worked specifically for a corn detassling crew.

The management of that crew was unsatisfactory. There were many times, especially of late, where they made unfulfilled promises and put my life at risk. Once, we were in a thunderstorm which kept leaving and returning. In fear of their lives, many crew members wanted to go home. These members were fired because they didnt want to be shocked by lightning. In this, I found that the management seemed to care more about the job being completed than the safety of its' workers.

The pay was minimum wage and the only way to advance in pay was to join clean up crew; which gave a couple more dollars an hour. The job was very demanding either way. If you didn't put your full effort and energy in doing a quick and efficent job, you were most likely to lose your job within a week. I found myself to be extremely exhausted at the end of a work day and several crew members agreed with me.

My co-workers were friendly however. We were able to relate to each other and understood the pressure on each of us. This did give us more encouragement to help each other out and work to the best of our ability to get the job done.

From all of this I learned how to push myself beyond my own limits, working even when exhausted. I also learned to work with others, aiding them in their time of need so they would later do the same for me.

Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours, Minimum Wage, Corrupted Management

Other Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with the ability to interact with people every day
Paris, Ontario - salesperson (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON26 March 2018
Productive work environment, allowing you to feel like you've accomplished something during your shifts. Customers provide the opportunity to socialize during the shift and prevent there from being any boring moments while on the job.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Can get messy
Bonne expérience pour job d'été
Centre de Recherche (Former Employee) –  Coteau-du-Lac, QC23 March 2018
Ambiance de travail d'équipe formidable. Possibilité de faire beaucoup d'heure.
Pros
Popcycle gratuit dans les pauses
Cons
Travail extérieur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Reviews by Location