Pioneer Gas Station Employee Reviews

Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 March 2019
this job is very good to keep you busy and also train your multitasking skills. The environment Is very nice workers are very kind. I have learned that you have to be very aware of what you do and the slightest mistakes could cost you your job but over all it is an amazing experience.
good work alot of downtime, management not great
carwash attendant/propane filler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 February 2019
was a pretty good job people were great, but the manager expects you to show up if you're sick and he will determine if you're to sick to work you are not allowed to call in.
Pros
lots of downtime
Cons
long outside work
very good
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 January 2019
it was an excellent experience overall with healthy work environment and ethics envolved in the day to day activities of the job. this job made me achieve excellent management and customer satisfaction skills.
Pros
free consumption and discounts
Cons
far for commuting
Fantastic place!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON25 October 2018
Its a place where i found a new familly. I loved it and im really sad to leave. Boss will always be there when you need them, they work around your schedule and make magical things happen. I loved this place.
Great team
Station Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON12 September 2018
Customer service is natural to me and I really enjoy attending retail needs or inquiries anyone might have. Gas Stations are very different than five star hotels, but I take it as a work experience and love learning new things. Lovely co-workers and management is very kind to all of the employees.
Nice place for starters
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 September 2018
The management was nice, they never called me off the schedule. Easy work. A typical day included handling transactions, helping customers, maintaining the stations and doing daily chores
Extremely friendly environment.
Cashier and Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2018
I hustled, had a good time interacting with the staff and our customers. Pioneer offers so much benefits like any other big companies like Walmart, FreshCO, etc. When they are happy with your work, they give you like gift cards, paid vacations and all that stuff!
Benefits
Great Minimum wage job
Assistant Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2018
This job provided me with great experience in a high-volume customer service setting. It offered an opportunity to gain important interpersonal skills, while I developed administrative skills supporting the manager.
flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2018
Able to work full or part time. If you ever have an emergency can always switch shifts with some one. Always flexible. Always some one to call of you need help with any thing.
great place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 March 2018
One stop shop on your way home. Management is great, friendly, willing to help staff and customers to best of his ability. even in areas outside of employment.
A good steady job.
Customer Service & Cash (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 February 2018
It was a decent job, a lot of responsibilities, but it was good for a paycheck and good for someone who can be up all night. Fast paced and you need to be well organized.
Friendly Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2017
I enjoyed the time during working in this company. the staff and management was friendly. all the workers treat each other as family members, It was my best time.
Worst place to be working pioneer in welland on lincoln st
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 December 2017
The boss there doesn't know how to run a business they're very unorganized and make you pay for shortages of til and people who drive off and not pay and they stare at you through the cameras constantly in their office while they sleep in their office
Cons
Long hours and bad shift work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 November 2017
the shifts are constantly changing, which doesn't allow for a normal sleep schedule. the shifts also make it hard for a good balance of work and play.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
irregular sleep
Good working place with some downs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2017
was a good working place but the services provided were not good enough. Stressfull job. though the staff was good. no benefis provided. improved my customer service
Good hours and inclusive managment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON27 September 2017
The hours were respectable for the amount of individuals that worked there and the management was very inclusive and engaging with their employees.

The job was not physically demanding and the hours were also very flexible.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 September 2017
I learned how to accurately process sales, greet and serve customers in a friendly professional manner, maintain a clean and safe work environment and resolve many customer complaints of many variations
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Not enough hours
Co-op
Assistant Retailer and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2017
I typically spent a few hours, under the supervision of employees as I was a coop student. No formally routine. Filing, managing records, barring individuals, reporting issues, maintaining general safety.
Go Ahead
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Go place to earn money and enjoy, really tiring and so political environment. Sometimes you learn sometimes you teach, Go Ahead Go AheadGo Ahead Go Ahead
A great place for those interested in part-time work
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON24 April 2017
Nothing was off the table when it came to the type of work you do. Customer Service, Cleaning, Stocking Shelves and even painting.

You have regular customers who were always happy to see me. It made my day to have customers come in and say that I brightened their day.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Not able to give full-time hours