Pioneer Family Pools Management reviews

Workplace Environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 May 2019
I currently work at the Hamilton location of Pioneer Family Pools. I reside in my second summer of work at this location. The staff I work with are nothing short of amazing. We have developed a hard working team that focuses on communicating effectively with our customers in the hopes that they leave the store happy with their experience. The chemistry that our staff has with eachother creates a workplace environment that is enjoyable and fun to be a part of. As a student going into University, I can proudly recommend Pioneer Family Pools as a place where students can work over their summer break. With a strong team of management behind us that are understanding and cooperative, the Rymal Road location is easily a top tier place to work, and I am looking forward to continuously working here for years to come.
Pros
Staff
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Water Lab (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2019
All management and staff were always fun to be around, always helped however they could and would truly brighten up a dark day. I learned a lot about customer service and how to improve sales techniques. Hours were not insane but still allowed me to have a life out of work. (Summer Student position)
Pros
Staff
Cons
Slow in late summer (expected)
Workplace
Cashier & Water Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2019
The atmosphere of Pioneer Family Pools was positive. Excellent place to work as a student as the management team is always providing assistance. Great place to learn
Productive workplace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 December 2018
Pioneer Pools is a solid establishment. I worked at this establishment for just over a year and quit when I started my first year of University. The workers are good people, but the retail manager is not the most straightforward person, and will most likely lash out for unnecessary reasons. This aside, I made friends with my colleagues and that has carried out of the workplace.
Pros
sometimes allowed to play soft music in the warehouse while we worked
Cons
mentally unstable manager
Not a secure company to work for
Pool Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2018
This company does not take fair wages, work-life balance and many other aspects into consideration. There is a very high turn over rate and could be due to the poor management team.
Pros
Got to work outside
Cons
Management, Wage, Respect
Can be a great place to work
General Accountant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie13 June 2018
I enjoyed most of my time there. Some back stabbing (a little more than usual). Most of the Management are great to work with.
For university students, its a great summer job.
Pros
great hours, nice managment
Cons
too much talking behind peoples back
Friendly staff,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 December 2017
Great people to work with, management not great at all. They need to invest in management classes and how to talk to there staff. Long hours in summer.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Well Managed Company
Shipping/Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 February 2017
I felt welcomed at Pioneer from the moment i walked in for my interview, the management team has this company running fantastically from how much productively is done during the peak season.
Pros
competitive wages/ lunch most fridays in summer
Cons
long hours during peak season
Great Place! Great people!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2016
Busy work in an enjoyable environment.
People are great.
Management is great.
Learned a lot, especially because it was a first time job.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Excellent place to work
Pool Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 October 2014
Loved going to customer's homes to open or close their pools or general maintenance - pumps, filters, etc.
Pioneer Pools is a great place to shop and work - management very customer service oriented and value both customers and employees.
Made some good friends both in the company and in the field
Pros
Fun, rewarding work
Cons
If it was cold or raining, still did our jobs.
Productive and efficient at completing the day's tasks.
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2013
Pick up schedule for daily crew, assemble all tools and equipment needed for the day's work. Head out from warehouse to complete mundane activities.

I learned about time management, organization and working as a team to complete the job in a professional manner.

Management always had the schedules ready and were willing to help with any questions you had about a particular job.

Coworkers were mostly students working there to make money during the summer months before the school year started.

The hardest part of the job was figuring out a problem that wasn't initially listed on the schedule but had to be addressed to compete the task at hand.

The most enjoyable part was the camaraderie between the workers as you went from job to job and earned the satisfaction of a job well done.