Pioneer Family Pools

Pioneer Family Pools Employee Reviews

Long hours and physical work
The overall work environment at Pioneer Family Pools is okay. However, the long work hours and strenuous labor with the added nonpayment of overtime work makes it a tough job to continue working at.
Productive but not managed well
Worked at the barrie location for about me a year, my boss screwed up on my pay stub so I didn’t get paid for a whole month and the overall management was very poor.
Great for motivated students looking to make money during the summer
A bit of a learning curve at first if you don't know too much about pools & spas but you eventually get there and everyone is super helpful! Also, you're basically working full-time for 4 months which is great.
Great to work in sales. Do not work in installation.
The employer is an excellent person, but those in the back who run installation are different I saw many people get fired and even more quit due to being overworked in installation. 60+ hour weeks with no overtime.
Excellent pay and benefits for full time staff though. Owner brings food and cares about customers.
Great experience
Fun people and great management who were very accommodating. They encouraged my learning of the products and help me understand the typical customer needs making it easier to do the job well.
Productive and little down time
Can be fun with the right group of people but days are long and rigourous. Time off is whenever needed as long as it comes with a weeks heads up. Very little down time and pay is not what you would expect
Knowledgeable staff and technicians, not much opportunity to improve income.
Standard retail store and standard responsibilities. Stocking products, receiving shipments, hourly wage and generally receives 40 hours per week during spring and summer seasons. Unfortunately, store does not offer certain incentives that others in the same company offer. Commission and overtime are not offered for seasonal workers, lowering incentive to create sales and prices are notably higher than other stores in the company, causing problems in staying competitive with other companies in the area.
Pros
Great job for students looking for work in the summer. Start and finish dates line up well.
Cons
Management not very flexible, not open to new ideas or concepts. Little incentive provided to create returning employees
Hard Labour - Lots of money
Work long hours Mon--Sat, pay is competitive. Perfect for summer students trying to save for school. The team culture is what makes this job so great.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pioneer Family Pools?
The business is seasonal so expect heavier hours through the pool season and the resulting slower period through the winter
The business is established and well supported

Great people work here and it was a fun team to be apart of

Training and support available

Good culture, tons of fun
Pros
Great People
Professional and welcoming corporate culture
Opportunity for growth was regularly available through additional paid courses and management meetings. Management was always available to help in this family-oriented institution.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
Seasonal business
Workplace Environment
I currently work at the Hamilton location of Pioneer Family Pools. I reside in my second summer of work at this location. The staff I work with are nothing short of amazing. We have developed a hard working team that focuses on communicating effectively with our customers in the hopes that they leave the store happy with their experience. The chemistry that our staff has with eachother creates a workplace environment that is enjoyable and fun to be a part of. As a student going into University, I can proudly recommend Pioneer Family Pools as a place where students can work over their summer break. With a strong team of management behind us that are understanding and cooperative, the Rymal Road location is easily a top tier place to work, and I am looking forward to continuously working here for years to come.
Pros
Staff
fast paced service company
service and replace pool equipment,barrie and central ont.also troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues...as well as water testing and proper level balancing of pools and hot tubs.
Cons
seasonal
Productive and fun work environment
All management and staff were always fun to be around, always helped however they could and would truly brighten up a dark day. I learned a lot about customer service and how to improve sales techniques. Hours were not insane but still allowed me to have a life out of work. (Summer Student position)
Pros
Staff
Cons
Slow in late summer (expected)
Workplace
The atmosphere of Pioneer Family Pools was positive. Excellent place to work as a student as the management team is always providing assistance. Great place to learn
Productive workplace
Pioneer Pools is a solid establishment. I worked at this establishment for just over a year and quit when I started my first year of University. The workers are good people, but the retail manager is not the most straightforward person, and will most likely lash out for unnecessary reasons. This aside, I made friends with my colleagues and that has carried out of the workplace.
Pros
sometimes allowed to play soft music in the warehouse while we worked
Cons
mentally unstable manager
Not a secure company to work for
This company does not take fair wages, work-life balance and many other aspects into consideration. There is a very high turn over rate and could be due to the poor management team.
Pros
Got to work outside
Cons
Management, Wage, Respect
Can be a great place to work
I enjoyed most of my time there. Some back stabbing (a little more than usual). Most of the Management are great to work with.
For university students, its a great summer job.
Pros
great hours, nice managment
Cons
too much talking behind peoples back
hard work, outside, long hours,
when I was working at pioneer pools, it was hard outdoor physical labour, we worked long hours we were payed well. it was very good experience working there, and I would recommended it to other people
Pros
good employees
Cons
6 days a week
Pioneer Family Pools
Working at Pioneer Family Polls was a great experience. It was my first full- time job. The great thing about Pioneer, is that I was able to work at my own pace. Also learning a lot each day I worked.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Friendly staff,
Great people to work with, management not great at all. They need to invest in management classes and how to talk to there staff. Long hours in summer.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Great place to learn, and grow your skills
I really enjoyed my time at Pioneer.
I would go back if I could afford it.

The people are all friendly and easy to work with, very knowledgable folk as well.
Pros
Lots of hours, free workout, free tan.
Cons
You have to sit in the car and do nothing before the next job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Family Pools. Our community is ready to answer.