Pinnacle Tool Works Inc Employee Reviews

Good place to learn and Grow
Tool Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 May 2019
I started as solidworks designer with zero knowledge on Progressive die design but this place gave me an opportunity to improve my design skills and learn die design.There has been difficult time along road but never stopped me from learning.Much encouraging boss which gives an additional support to try new things that you never did before.I completed 2+years here at pinnacle but never felt saturated at any point there was always something to learn and develop.

PTW is a small and growing company.So definitely recommend this place if you want to develop and grow with a basic knowledge.
Pros
Friendly Management and co-workers, Decent salary, Clean & safe work place, Flexible work times & Vacations
Cons
Benefits can be improved, Monthly meeting with every department can improve coordination
RE: They had to work hard to get 1 star
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 February 2019
No matter how many excuses you use for being fired, There is no excuse for your incompetence. You caused problems with employees from the first week that you started working.
Every die you worked on had problems running.
Hiding behind your toolbox drinking coffee and playing on the phone during work hours is a good way to work. Being angry that someone didn't say good morning to you is childish and immature.
Clean, safe and pleasant environment to work in!
CNC Programmer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON7 February 2019
I have been working for Pinnacle Tool Works for over 2 years and counting.
I enjoy working in a Clean, Safe and Positive environment that PTW provides and promotes. As an employee you are given the tools, fair treatment and opportunities from the management so you can excel in your job placement, develop new skills or strengthen your existing skills.
The conditions above create happy coworkers, consequently generating a pleasant and easy environment to work in.
If you have a drive to succeed, you enjoy meaningful work, you are a hardworking and reliable person – this may be just the right place for you. PTW is a busy and growing company, and overtime is generally available from time to time resulting in a good life/work balance.
No continental shift work!
Pros
Clean, safe and positive work environment, without continental shift work.
Cons
Benefits could be improved
They had to work hard to get 1 star
Tool and die maker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON11 January 2019
Poorly led management team which doesnt seem to care about its employees or its high turnover stats. The benefit plan is the worst I have ever encountered with receipts being submitted to the employer only after a 6 month waiting period instead of a third party provider which is disturbing in its invasion of privacy approach.

My Supervisor played favorites with his buddy and left me to fend for myself with little to no support. He worked exclusively with said buddy and the only communication with me was a forced hello in the morning and communication only when absolutely required. He would virtually hold his friends hand to perform even the smallest job.

I learned to not be so desperate to take a job with few questions just because it is a dayshift position. The hardest part of the job was getting the will to show up since my day consisted of me working alone. The enjoyable part was ......getting my paper cheque and running to the bank to deposit it every 2 weeks and knowing that this would not be a permanent job.

I write this without malice. I only wish to inform the reader of the type of company culture that Pinnacle presents once hired.
Pros
There truly are none...honest
Cons
Management and work culture. Fear as a motivator
awful place to work
opperator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 June 2018
They were accommodating with flexible start times and end times but that's about it. Unsafe practices. Employees drinking on site. Racist comments made about coworkers. Very divisive and gossipy. Little to no quality control. No accountability. orders shipped out and back for rework over and over.
Pros
flexible hours
Awesome Place to work!!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora7 May 2018
Busy work environment. Staff is the best. Management has high expectations. I enjoy working with the staff. Management and staff are always there to support you.
Cleanest stamping plant I've ever seen.
Production Manager is very accommodating.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Prodcution environment
Overall not bad
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 October 2017
Just very draining and tiring, unless you don't mind long hours and heavy lifting . It's a small company, but very busy and very motivated. And there are good people there who taught me alot which I appreciate.
Pros
Good people and good pay
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting
Pinnacle Defined"dead end job"
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 April 2017
The owner is extremely rude which make the bad environment worse to work under. I used to work there as a Mechanical Design Eng but he was making me do things way off my employee description. I used to do two jobs at that place, designer and EDM programmer/operator.
Pros
Cons
poor management, cheap material, worst owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Tool Works Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8