Pinnacle Renewable Energy

Pinnacle Renewable Energy Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
A fast paced, growth oriented company that truly values it's people. There is an honest culture of caring for each other, with a true emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
The emphasis on safety is extremely prominent everyday throughout the company. Most companies "talk the talk" by saying they value safety over production, but rarely do they actually "walk the walk".

Pinnacle is continuing to create a culture where employees are not afraid to speak their minds because they know their voices will be heard. This is a huge factor in why Pinnacle has achieved a high level of employee buy-in/engagement.

It's amazing to feel cared for by every level of management at a company, but I truly feel that and I believe all levels of employees do as well.
Pros
Great safety culture, rewards/incentive program, options for benefit coverage
The people care about each other. I love that safety is more than just a word, it is how things are done. We have to work hard and they are really passionate about promoting from within.
I started with Pinnacle in November of 2015. I had recently left a career of six years on a drilling rig in the Alberta oil patch to come home and be with my family. I started in an entry-level position after about two months with pinnacle I had a catastrophic snowboarding accident where I broke my femur in two. This moment was devastating as I had not yet completed my probationary period and was afraid of losing my position with pinnacle renewable energy. I was wrong; my first day in the hospital, I was assured by my plant manager and operations supervisor that this was not the case and that they would do there best to help me get short-term disability. I was not over my probation period; my manager and supervisor kept in touch with me through the healing process, and when I was ready to come back to work, they put me on light duty where I learned to operate the HMI (mill control center). This opportunity helped me gain some fundamental knowledge, and exponentially boosted my career. I have been with pinnacle for almost five years now. I would not go anywhere else. The values and culture here are more robust than I have ever seen in my working career. Pinnacle has supplied me with the tools to succeed through employee gatherings and all the training to be a successful leader. Currently, I am an operations team lead. I am now able to show the hard-working employees the same leadership and guidance as I was displayed. If you are looking for a career in a fast-paced, ever-growing company that focuses on there people vs. production, then pursuing a career with pinnacle is a great - more...
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
A typical day at work, is something you should not expect while working for Pinnacle. Priority`s change daily but one thing that you can count on each day/shift being consistent is the Owning Safety culture that the team at each site has and continues to build and grow.

The room for growth at Pinnacle, You will go as far as the effort you are willing to put in. If you are top performer you will get many opportunities to advance to new and more challenging roles supported by the Pinnacle team.

The job can be stressful, challenging and sometimes just plain hard work. If you like to problem solve, think outside the box, and work with a team committed to being better everyday Pinnacle is the right place for you.
I started off working with Pinnacle as a recruiter with an agency and truly fell in love with the culture, growth potential and the commitment they had to safety. After about a year and a half I was asked to join the team and I can honestly say after being here about three months that is the best company I have ever worked for. I have never been a part of team that cares so much about its employees and most importantly has a passion for safety that resonates through out all of our plants and offices in North America.
Best place you can work. Best management team safety conscious and very commendable employer. Best salary with or without experience willing to train their employees and invests heavy on safety
Pros
Best at everthing
Cons
Small operation in a growing company, Very busy! Company has vision and continues to grow quickly, hires / transfers to other plants before hiring from outside, safety culture continues to develop, each plant has it's own culture but the company is committed to living it's values (see WorkSafe produced video on YouTube - collaboration helps pellet plant own safety)

Safety bonus, production bonus, employee share purchase plan, full benifits

This is a company that continued to pay all it's employees wages when they were evacuated due to the forest fires around their plant in Williams Lake!
Pros
Senior Company management truely believe in safety, Growing company
Cons
Plants are busy places - not for people that can't handle fast paced teams
Could be a great place to work after the wood products recession is over. Very good people that are easy to work with. Systems need some refinement in order to be consistently effective
Works here for a year then I left. Too many safety in fractions. New something was going to happen. And a couple months after I left it exploded due to fires. Management was a joke. One manager would always push for what the company wanted no matter what happened. We finished doing a shutdown and they started the plant back up but they never activated any of the fire suppression system. When it was brought to their attention I got in trouble for not knowing that they had locked the system out even though I wasn't on shift when they did it the other manager neglected his duties. Morale was running to the ground.
Pros
Really good company for feeding you line after line of BS
Cons
This company started with quite rough beginnings and is trying to grow and adapt. It failed. Management are old forestry workers with no formal training. Although they pretend to have good safety practices, it is just a show to appease worksafe bc. Run fast and far from this company
Not worth the headaches. Regardless of what they say they do not care about safety. They are ready and more then willing to hurt people in order to make target and production. Explosion in Feb almost killed 6 people. When you get hurt working there (not if but when) expect to get the run around around from the company.More then several occasions of this from top sr staff. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away!

A message to the people hurt from the Feb 11 explosion.

Band togather. Get lawyers and go to the media.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
Making pellets is like working in a gun powder factory. House keeping a very high priority. Management continually butting heads. Difficult to get anything done.
Great place to work, safety is key here!
Great co workers Ppe is always stocked and never have a problem if we need ,Awesome job environment small facility runs great
Pros
Wages, hours
Cons
The drive to work but take your time leave at a good time
Pay sucks, can’t make ends meet, management doesn’t treat employees equally or with respect, advancement only given to favorites, overall not a good place to work. Lots of stress around management offices. Salaried workers get worked into the ground with no thought to their home and family life.
Pros
Hard working crews
Shift work ( 1 week graves 1 week days) 12 hr shifts
4 on 3 off. Not a strong quality of life

Constantly short staffed

Work load is un realistic per person and strictly production driven.

They under appreciate skilled workers/operators

And constantly take advantage.

No advancement.

Only good thing is their safetly culture. One of the best ive seen.

Would not recommend it.
got there at 6 am had a tool box talk and had coffee and went about my day worked 5 hours break work 3 have lunch and work 4 and go home
Pros
staff BBQ
Cons
its a hard