Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront

Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
It was pleased and happy work experiences , very great management, and great team work. We had a nice and warm work environment, people who help and support each other, and I learned a lot from my managers and my colleagues.
Great front office team, able to work in tandem to service the lobby guests. Supportive environment. Support especially comes from the unionized staff, when there were shocks to the system union employees came together.

Hardest part of the job can be some understaffing issues, but typical of workplaces that prioritize minimizing staffing costs instead of properly seeing to each guests needs.

In particular there was a key, front desk manager who was scared to show that the desk had multiple people when the higher up managers were around. It was stressful needing to cater to the ego of the higher ups instead of them understanding that the lobby can be busy at any moment. A key was particular and got very stressed about this and put their stress on the desk staff.

Other management were great, very funny and supportive front office management other than the key. Best part of the job was easily the support of other desk staff. They each excel in what they do, great environment to be around.

Lots of love in the workplace culture.
Loved my time working with the Front Office Team at the Pinnacle. The Managers are extremely supportive and always try to resolve any issues fairly and quickly. The Front Desk, PBS, and Bell teams work together with respect, efficiency, and ensure the environment is friendly and collaborative even when problems arise. Most of the Front Office team has been with the hotel for at least 5+ years so as a new addition you will be in great hands.
An awesome place to work at but it may be department dependant so can’t say about other departments. Although, I can’t get enough hours, but the ones I get are fun filled! The management is good.
Most friendly and helpful receptionist ever, so lovely and great first impression of hotel.
Workplace culture everyday learning different things.

Very helpful in the future real work experience
El ambiente de trabajo favorable para todo el personal y ofrecen extra beneficios a todos los empleados, tales como medicina prepagada, restaurante, y descuentos para disfrutar de las instalaciones y servicios del hotel
I have 16 yrs experience in all aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning,and take pride in providing a clean,sanitary,and pleasing environment.The first 14 yrs were devoted to Marriott's Renaissance Hotel before It transitioned to Pinnacle HotelVancouver Hourborfront where I currently am, so I am very familiar with kind of Marriott's Brands,policies,and procedures.My strong work ethic completes duties well,efficiently and timely for events such as bandquets and conferences.I also take great care of assist guests and their requests on -demand on top of my usual tasks. I am an open and friendly person who values making guests enjoy their stay.
Union wages, old hotel but they are trying to keep it up. The people for the most part are good to work with, just a few bag eggs in the bunch.

Managers listen and do what they can to help and make things right and fair.
Pros
Cons
Staff with no work ethic (old time union)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront?