Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre

Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Culturally Sensitive and Inclusive Workplace

PQCHC works hard to provide a healthy work space for its employees. There are concerns that there is not a lot of space to move up, or advance further in your career here without bilingualism or a university degree (this is not always relevant to the job at hand, and they will pick someone who is bilingual over someone who is more qualified and better for the job IMO) which unfortunately is the same for many workplaces in Ottawa.

Productive and fun workplace

My typical day at work would be, getting ready to do all the task at hand and make sure I’m up to date with all my required work. I enjoy going to work.

Insights into Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Wonderful environment of coworkers

Felt supported and understood by my fellow coworkers. Great culture and environment. Pay was good as well as compensation for vehicle use. Socially responsible company.

Pros

Great staff

Extremely poor management

There are a couple of excellent employees there who have worked with the agency for many years. Over recent years however there's a high turnover of employment counsellors because poor management.

Pros

Agency overs useful employment information

Cons

Controlling manager

Fun workplace

Adequate management, however instructions given to complete tasks are often very unclear. Sometimes food is provided, but not always. Loved working here as I could actually see the positive effects that my work had on people's lives, especially for the children.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Unorganized management

Very poor managers with inability to review realistic programs and motivate employees

Very poor leadership. Management demonstrates favouritism, bias, and inability to realistically review and improve government funded programs. Management ignores or does not know how to give constructive feedback and incentives to employees. A pattern of dismissing new employees for arbitrary reasons is apparent. Management with employment programs is either is not provided with good direction or is misguided with ability to review leadership decisions. I would not recommend this employer.

Pros

Helping people find suitable employment opportunities and success in career development.

Cons

. misguided leadership with employment programs, poor workplace culture, biased and inadawuate employee reviews, inability to retain and develop employees.

excellent staff, manager

- friendly co-workers, manager -excellent environment - good programs -community orientation, introduction - family friendly - organized, productive

poor leadership

Poor leadership and supervision with program that I worked in. They do excellent work with the community and families unfortunately they do not treat there staff very well.

Pros

flex schedule

Cons

micro managed

productive and educative

it's great working with the health centre because, they gave me the opportunity and platform to showcase my talent, learn and improve in my area of specialty

productive and fun place to work at

Pinecrest Queensway Community Health Center is an amazing organization to work for. All staff are amazing, friendly and supportive. The hardest part was the end of my contract.

Pros

friendly team, amazing culture

lovely team members

lovely people,helpful in all ways,they make the job enjoyable just by being part of it.I learned a lot. job search,resume making and much more.being an intern gave me the opportunity to participate in most of their meetings and allowed me to obtain all the certificates i have now.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

less hours

Very nice place to work.

Excellent environment. I am a volunteer worker, but the staff is really interactive and helpful. The most important part of job is the exposure I have to all the details and information useful for newcomers to Canada.

Fun place to be

i work as a homework club staff and love working with the kids, theres are plenty of activities that make the work exiting

Nice and friendly work environment

I enjoy the work environment. I like the friendliness of the staff. The staffs are cooperative and helpful. They are always ready to pave the way for work freedom. They care about workplace risk and safety issue. They train the staff on demand basis. They facilitate people interaction and networking. Multicultural environment with fair treatment to all. Wide range of services and huge scope to learn. I've learned Canadian workplace culture here. Honed my communication skill. Got a lot of nice friends. The challenges I faced so far is limited software support and space problem.

Pros

Freedom to work and supports to implement own ideas

Cons

Space is limited compared to range of services and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement