Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre

Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

PQCHC works hard to provide a healthy work space for its employees. There are concerns that there is not a lot of space to move up, or advance further in your career here without bilingualism or a university degree (this is not always relevant to the job at hand, and they will pick someone who is bilingual over someone who is more qualified and better for the job IMO) which unfortunately is the same for many workplaces in Ottawa.
My typical day at work would be, getting ready to do all the task at hand and make sure I’m up to date with all my required work. I enjoy going to work.
It was a good work experience but felt like we were not as challenged because staff assumed little of us. Treated as children instead of adults. Were not given much responsiblities
Felt supported and understood by my fellow coworkers. Great culture and environment. Pay was good as well as compensation for vehicle use. Socially responsible company.
Pros
Great staff
There are a couple of excellent employees there who have worked with the agency for many years. Over recent years however there's a high turnover of employment counsellors because poor management.
Pros
Agency overs useful employment information
Cons
Controlling manager
Adequate management, however instructions given to complete tasks are often very unclear. Sometimes food is provided, but not always. Loved working here as I could actually see the positive effects that my work had on people's lives, especially for the children.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unorganized management
Very poor leadership. Management demonstrates favouritism, bias, and inability to realistically review and improve government funded programs. Management ignores or does not know how to give constructive feedback and incentives to employees. A pattern of dismissing new employees for arbitrary reasons is apparent. Management with employment programs is either is not provided with good direction or is misguided with ability to review leadership decisions. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Helping people find suitable employment opportunities and success in career development.
Cons
. misguided leadership with employment programs, poor workplace culture, biased and inadawuate employee reviews, inability to retain and develop employees.
- friendly co-workers, manager -excellent environment - good programs -community orientation, introduction - family friendly - organized, productive
Poor leadership and supervision with program that I worked in. They do excellent work with the community and families unfortunately they do not treat there staff very well.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
micro managed
it's great working with the health centre because, they gave me the opportunity and platform to showcase my talent, learn and improve in my area of specialty
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre?
Pinecrest Queensway Community Health Center is an amazing organization to work for. All staff are amazing, friendly and supportive. The hardest part was the end of my contract.
Pros
friendly team, amazing culture
lovely people,helpful in all ways,they make the job enjoyable just by being part of it.I learned a lot. job search,resume making and much more.being an intern gave me the opportunity to participate in most of their meetings and allowed me to obtain all the certificates i have now.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
less hours
Excellent environment. I am a volunteer worker, but the staff is really interactive and helpful. The most important part of job is the exposure I have to all the details and information useful for newcomers to Canada.
i work as a homework club staff and love working with the kids, theres are plenty of activities that make the work exiting
I enjoy the work environment. I like the friendliness of the staff. The staffs are cooperative and helpful. They are always ready to pave the way for work freedom. They care about workplace risk and safety issue. They train the staff on demand basis. They facilitate people interaction and networking. Multicultural environment with fair treatment to all. Wide range of services and huge scope to learn. I've learned Canadian workplace culture here. Honed my communication skill. Got a lot of nice friends. The challenges I faced so far is limited software support and space problem.
Pros
Freedom to work and supports to implement own ideas
Cons
Space is limited compared to range of services and staff