Pinchin Ltd.

Pinchin Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great company to work but supervisor is very favouritism and treat certain staff like a kindergarten child, pick on minor things and very rude make the staff miserable. Not a good environment to work in the Billing department, other than that, it's a great company no issues with the company.
Pinchin Ltd. was an enjoyable work experience as I completed two co-op work terms there. I built good relationships with coworkers that helped me develop industry skills outside of school.
Pros
Moderate workload and tools offered
Cons
Management and guidance
Friendly environment.Very motivated to give your all and be as productive as possible as company values employess and gives incentives.Everyone is veryfrienfly and enjoyable to work with.
My job placement was through an Agency. I was working on an assignment temporary. Unfortunately the Pandemic took place and was not able to work there anymore but my experience working there was wonderful for me. I enjoyed working with the people there and my manager was very good and everyone was very helpful. To be hired with this company you would be very lucky. They have amazing benefits I could see while working there (of course it didn't apply to me as I was temporary). :)
Pros
Free Pancake Breakfast, employee activities
Cons
No Cons
Pinchin is easily the most abusive company I have worked for. Prepare to be on the receiving end of gaslighting to the point you lose all confidence. Seniors are incompetent and pass the buck until it lands on on the lowest people. There is strong nepotism among the lifers who will mess up projects, go over budget, and then collaborate to sign over to junior project managers that end up taking the heat for the failure. I had projects signed over to me without permission that I never touched and were already over budget before I was hired, and then had to take the blame from senior client managers who asked me to request write-offs. Even when you tell the accountants and client managers you had no real part in the project planning or field work, they refuse to even look at the facts and only care whose name is on the project. If you dare stand up for yourself, you get called out for not taking responsibility. It's clear that that the lifers are in pure self-preservation mode. It wasn't uncommon to come to work and see people literally crying after taking abuse from their managers. The old boys club loves to play alpha around younger males. If you are pretty young girl, they will give you a lot of slack.
Pros
The pay was actually OK for the city I was in.
Cons
Very abusive and sneaky senior managers.
A typical day at work could include various tasks that would require me to act as an inspector, analyst, and consultant. I've learned how both offices and worksites operate as well as the various environmental management plans implemented during any and all construction projects. The management was friendly and usually very helpful. Every couple of weeks management would make lunch for everyone which was great. The toughest part of the job would be the frequent travel between worksites with short notification times. The most enjoyable part of the job was conducting Hazardous Materials Assessments.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Extended travel
The work experience is decent. I don’t know many happy employees and there is an extremely high turnover. The starting salaries are bad and salary increases are worse. Bonuses get smaller each year. Also it’s very difficult to get reimbursement for furthering education. Overall a greedy company.
Great place to work. Salaries are on the lower side. Management cares and foster work/life balance. Promotions are based on merit and not time. Can be fast paced again times as work is client driven.
Pinchin is an excellent place to work for, I still miss my colleagues and my managers. It is a very calm and relaxing place to work for, people usually don't leave Pinchin. I left Pinchin due to commute.
Pros
Wonderful workplace
Cons
There was a very apparent ceiling as far as career progression. Raises were typically rated against inflation only. Despite that the work can be interesting and the people there are easy to work and communicate with.
Pinchin has some very good employee benefits such as RRSP, vacation, medical, dental, fitness coverage. They have great work culture and employee engagement programs. Cons: very low starting salary and low yearly salary increases.
Great people to work with Great experience Good place to start your career Great benefit plan Pay is not the greatest Work in office 50% of the time
Its an okay place to work, the company is great my department has some issues. The company praises a "work life balance" but that is not actually how it goes in my department. Pay sucks.
For the most part my experience with Pinchin has been great. Work life balance is a constantly evolving thing with this company but I think that they are working towards making things better for staff on a national level. However, this is consulting work and as such, it can be really demanding when demands are high and new staff are being brought in. Consulting isn't for everyone. If you like constantly evolving problem solving and working with senior people to figure things out then this is a great place. If not, then it likely is not a good fit. As a junior staff person you stand to gain a lot of experience and information in a short period. Truly good staff do move up to higher roles.
The work life balance could use a lot of improvement at Pinchin. Work is seen as more important than life. I do not think they understand that they pay low for an environmental consultant. I saw a lot of people get trained up, then leave for more money at another company. Some great people work there, but overall, I'd suggest looking for another company to work for. Advancement does not come easy, and lots of overtime is seen as a "perk". On the plus side, there are a variety of projects to work on, and there is a possibility to learn, but it is likely that you will not advance quickly. A great place for someone that doesn't have aspirations.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great company, not a proper management. Overall it's a great company. Supervisor always follow what staff do. Any email to project mangers and clients has to wait for her approval. She don't have trust on her staff.
Pros
Free lunch for meetings
Cons
I worked as an autocad technician at Pinchin Ltd as a co op student. It was a great place to work. gained lot of working in and out experience. Simply fab.
My time here has been fantastic. Most jobs have their ups and downs but the positives absolutely way out the negatives at Pinchin. Very understanding managers, great work life balance which can be so important now a days. Lots of room to grow and the company is very open to allowing you to grow within the company.
Pros
Staff appreciation throughout the year, Work-life balance
I value the experience I've gained from working with Pinchin. It has provide a broad range of experience and technical knowledge that I use every day.
Small to mid size Environmental Consulting Firm with various clients including: property managers, developers, health care and educational institutions, financial and insurance companies, industrial manufacturers, oil and gas producers, and power generation companies.
A typical days work differs depending on what division of Pinchin you work in (i.e. Building Science group, Hazardous materials, Lab .....) but most technicians day consists of completing site visits to collect data and then complete reports on your findings.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, mileage reimbursement, great benefits package
Cons
Work life balance could be better, at times I felt overworked
  1. Employee reviews