Pinchin Ltd.

Pinchin Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Great place to work. Salaries are on the lower side. Management cares and foster work/life balance. Promotions are based on merit and not time. Can be fast paced again times as work is client driven.
Not great
The work experience is decent. I don’t know many happy employees and there is an extremely high turnover. The starting salaries are bad and salary increases are worse. Bonuses get smaller each year. Also it’s very difficult to get reimbursement for furthering education. Overall a greedy company.
Excellent company to work for
Pinchin is an excellent place to work for, I still miss my colleagues and my managers. It is a very calm and relaxing place to work for, people usually don't leave Pinchin. I left Pinchin due to commute.
Pros
Wonderful workplace
Cons
Good entry level company but not for sustained careers
There was a very apparent ceiling as far as career progression. Raises were typically rated against inflation only. Despite that the work can be interesting and the people there are easy to work and communicate with.
Decent Experience
Pinchin has some very good employee benefits such as RRSP, vacation, medical, dental, fitness coverage. They have great work culture and employee engagement programs.
Cons: very low starting salary and low yearly salary increases.
Good atmosphere
Great people to work with
Great experience

Good place to start your career

Great benefit plan

Pay is not the greatest

Work in office 50% of the time
Pinchin Review
Its an okay place to work, the company is great my department has some issues. The company praises a "work life balance" but that is not actually how it goes in my department. Pay sucks.
Fast Paced, Technical Experts
For the most part my experience with Pinchin has been great. Work life balance is a constantly evolving thing with this company but I think that they are working towards making things better for staff on a national level. However, this is consulting work and as such, it can be really demanding when demands are high and new staff are being brought in. Consulting isn't for everyone. If you like constantly evolving problem solving and working with senior people to figure things out then this is a great place. If not, then it likely is not a good fit. As a junior staff person you stand to gain a lot of experience and information in a short period. Truly good staff do move up to higher roles.
Low pay and long hours
The work life balance could use a lot of improvement at Pinchin. Work is seen as more important than life. I do not think they understand that they pay low for an environmental consultant. I saw a lot of people get trained up, then leave for more money at another company.
Some great people work there, but overall, I'd suggest looking for another company to work for.

Advancement does not come easy, and lots of overtime is seen as a "perk".

On the plus side, there are a variety of projects to work on, and there is a possibility to learn, but it is likely that you will not advance quickly. A great place for someone that doesn't have aspirations.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Fun place to work
Great company, not a proper management. Overall it's a great company. Supervisor always follow what staff do. Any email to project mangers and clients has to wait for her approval. She don't have trust on her staff.
Pros
Free lunch for meetings
Cons
great working environment, fun, good employees
I worked as an autocad technician at Pinchin Ltd as a co op student. It was a great place to work. gained lot of working in and out experience. Simply fab.
Fantastic place to work!
My time here has been fantastic. Most jobs have their ups and downs but the positives absolutely way out the negatives at Pinchin. Very understanding managers, great work life balance which can be so important now a days. Lots of room to grow and the company is very open to allowing you to grow within the company.
Pros
Staff appreciation throughout the year, Work-life balance
Great place to develop professional skills and gain experience
I value the experience I've gained from working with Pinchin. It has provide a broad range of experience and technical knowledge that I use every day.
HR Assistant
Small to mid size Environmental Consulting Firm with various clients including: property managers, developers, health care and educational institutions, financial and insurance companies, industrial manufacturers, oil and gas producers, and power generation companies.
Good place to work at
A typical days work differs depending on what division of Pinchin you work in (i.e. Building Science group, Hazardous materials, Lab .....) but most technicians day consists of completing site visits to collect data and then complete reports on your findings.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, mileage reimbursement, great benefits package
Cons
Work life balance could be better, at times I felt overworked
Horrible experience working at Pinchin
extremely stressful environment. The team I worked for was treated terribly, disrespected daily by ..... an angry senior staff management member. Would recommend you not work here. There was no work life balance.
Pros
Birthday cake
Cons
Emotionally unhealthy environment
Decent place to work
Good place to work if your looking for a work life balance and make your own hours and control your own schedule. The culture in the office is great, very friendly staff.

Terrible for career driven people. i got 1 employee review in 2.5 years of working there and a $1.5 raise. despite working as much as i could and taking on as many projects as possible to stand out. complaints and concerns not taken seriously. A company ruined by terrible mid and upper managers. was told to find another job if i wanted a raise or promotion after 2 years of profitable service. so i did.
Pros
friendly staff, great culture in the office
Cons
mid and upper managers do not care about career advancement for employees
New Experiences and Knowledge
I generally enjoyed working here and developed new skills with environmental assessments that are particular to Ontario. The management were supportive for most of my tenure.
Cons
Management chaos
Great workplace culture at head office
Working at the head office at Pinchin is great. We have lots of events and interactions between groups. My team has an awesome manager who is very supportive and lets us do our work without micromanaging.
Confused Managemenet
too many changes in Building Science department all because of lack of communication and competency of higher management. People are taken for granted and can't find a way to advance in their careers.
The quality of work is good, but its not busy, so job security is weak.
Fun place to work
Employees are friendly. Daily meeting at the board room. Breakfast and Potluck almost every week. Managers are easy going and respectful. Employees are willing to help.