Pilot Flying J
Updates from Pilot Flying J:

Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Energetic
Pilot flying j was an awesome job.
Fast pace a lot of the time, drivers coming and going, always conversations!! Team work is needed for this successful business and this Flyingj has it!
ok if your not supporting a family
The pay is just above minimum wage. The staff form their own cliques and they do not give full time hours in the general sense. Missing work for any reason whether it be illness or children is frowned upon. However, you can make some really good friends if you know how to weed out the bad ones
Official response from Pilot Flying J
5 March 2020
Thank you for sharing this with us, as this is a serious concern. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter and work to resolve them.
Good place to work pay low but people are fun there, sometime your swamped other times is slow but overall good spot to work.........,..,,,,..........
Good place to get experience
It is a truck stop, so get to know a lot of truck drivers, weekly pay, good full-time benefits, overtime, etc. It's on Annacis Island and has daily bus service.
Better management needed
Liked the people however didn't get paid enough for my experience. The assistant manager had a chip on his shoulder and would delegate his duties to my shift. He had no real skills to deal with conflict with guests or staff. I was truly amazed he had retained his position after two years even with consistently creating unnecessary problems and causing good staff to leave
Good place to work but unfair wage for workers. They pay high wage to some employees and low wages to others who deserves more and are more interested in work.
britt
great place to work with a very dynamic team also they cross-train which is a wonderful opportunity to advance and grow within the company. i would recommend working here
Trickster
Gsl/management When you apply for the job, so your training at another store, you think it’s all glory and day time shifts, but in the end you get all evening shifts, so you never get supper with your family, you work EVERY weekend when you request a weekend off you get harped on for it. So kiss your evenings and weekends goodbye. The day shift versus the night shift are just two different cliques! Managers can be traded or switched at the drop of a hat with no notice!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pilot Flying J?
Fast paced and hectic
I worked as a maintenance worker and while the manager was a very friendly out going young lady. She needed some more training. Staff was found sleeping out back once. Truck used for garbage clean up was always broke. Garbage disposal was never emptied on time. Owner was a real jerk about tattoos until a maintenance worker let him know it was 2000 something and needed to get with the times. Now apparently you can show your ink freely. Some people coming through where pretty sketchy.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Not enough pay for job
Poor management
The management is horrible there. Their is so much favourable. The favours go out for dinner dates together. Turnover it crazy high for this company because of the favorites getting away with everything. This is not a company to work for. This is coming from someone that has worked for the company for 6.5 years.
lots of partiality
No people's skill
Management has no visions, you may fall in love this job in interview or by job posting article but once you finished few months you can see different.
Pros
Some time free food
Cons
minimum pay and for 40 hours you need to work 6 days. No life and work balance
worst duties
work for this company for almost 1 1/2 year and beside the bully i got from the customer and the from the supervisor.. really really not recommending this company.
imagine doing the GI on a washroom while doing the shower is really unbelievable.supervisors there you know who you are talking about.
N/a
Salary not suitable for the positions since you have be crossed trained in all departments and cover each department when needed, reliability is not there, too much drama
Do not work here.
I would not recommend this company, not worth your time. Some of the workers are easy to get along with, then some are just useless and rude.
The management doesn't do anything but hide in the office to avoid actually helping. The manager also likes to fire people just because, or makes people walk out for being treated unfairly.

All 3 shifts there are always blaming each other for things not being done instead of just either doing it or letting the next shift know what happened.

This place makes you miserable it's ridiculous, multiple call ins and being short staffed. No one gives a s*** there, it's like a zoo.

The only good thing is the customers, the truck drivers are super pleasant and make the day go quicker!
Pros
Some fun co-workers, good customers
Cons
Standing long periods of time, short breaks, bad management, negative energy, bad pay
You don't want to be stock there on overnights
Go back to school and find a career that has advancements and a great atmosphere because you are not going to go far ahead being employed at a Flying JOKE. I won't mention the tons of reasons not to work there and why I didn't enjoy it since the list would go on and on and on , but you should just avoid it at all cost and find something else more descent and reasonable for $14/hourly. I don't think it's worth it, Period. You just might as well go work at gas stations like Canadian Tire, C-store, Couche tard (mac) or Circle k, or even plazas like the Onroute(HMS) for that wage... At least those places don't take a toll on you as much and won't overload you with mountain of tasks. They're not easy places to work at, but they are billions&Trillions light years better.
Pros
Management was ok, Good Co-workers and paycheck, that's it
Cons
Long Demeaning Jobs, boredom, low wage, its atmosphere and tons of other reasons
Kinda liked it
The location where I worked at was amazing with super nice people working around. Can't complain much as I survived with the pay, till date I pay them my visit and keep in touch.
No proper management and less pay
look for better work and forget it. You can easily find good job with high salary than this. No chance to get high position and they dont like to give you any require training and afraid to loose their position.
Pros
Free coffee with reusable cups.
Cons
work load
Poor scheduling and rude manager
My time here has been terrible. For initial training the manager would berate new employees in front of customers and shout over other staff members to be the "center of attention". In my time here we went from having close to 30 staff to down to 10 due to poor management. The schedule is supposed to be posted 1 week out you're lucky if you get the schedule the day before your shift. There is constant confusion about who is working when. Manager changes the schedule with no notice and wonders why her "scheduled staff" don't come in. People are now working 6 and 7 days a week up to 16 hours a day because of the poor scheduling. Overall not a place you want to work if you like being treated with respect and having a work life balance.
Cons
Scheduling, and managers
Good fast paced environment
The job was okay there were times when you had to be constantly on the move,repairing things,assisting customers,cleaning up spills,cleaning washrooms,putting away stock,helping co-workers,etc.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short hours
Best Place to Work Hands Down
I currently am employed at Pilot Flying J in Fort Erie. The GM is incredible. He puts his heart and soul into this location. He cares for his staff like family. He makes sure you get more than enough training to ensure you are comfortable. You have a great benefit package and can get RRSPs with a 60% match with the company. You feel appreciated there. It’s been a long time since I could actually say I love my job, and I really do. I don’t have a negative thing to say about the place. The management is great, your coworkers are great, and the shifts are great. Over all I don’t think I want to ever leave. It is a great place to feel like you are a part of a very large family.
Pros
Great GM and coworkers
Cons
None!
Terrible, terrible greedy company, corrupt managers.
Overworked and paid minimum wage. 37.5 hrs a week means the company has robbed you of two weeks of wages over a year. Cultural bias just ridiculous in their placing managers of zero experience, but deep connections at our location. Truckers treat you with contempt most of the time. co-workers are super awesome. Nothing gets fixed because that would cut into profits. Avoid like a pile of corpses dead of bubonic plague.
Pros
Co-workers, free coffee.
Cons
Terrible management, company is greed personified.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9