Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Maintenance, Cashier, Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON17 April 2018
Standing for long periods,forgotten breaks,misstreatment of employees.Absolutely no benefits.Part time employment mostly. Need to have love oftalking.
Pros
talk to a lot of different kinds of people
Cons
standing for long periods
Productive workplace
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 April 2018
Company is not hard to work for, it's very simple and straightforward with policy.

The workplace is fun and enjoyable with the right co-workers.

No opportunity to move up unless you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No alternative shifts
Not a place to want to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC5 April 2018
Between the abuse from the customers and the abuse from some of the managers. It’s not worth your time getting paid $12 an hour or less to do. It’s like adult high school.
Fast-paced, team environment
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Hope, BC15 February 2018
I choose to refrain from going into details regarding my current employer and the events that have lead me to look for new employment.................
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too many managers
Great people great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB5 February 2018
The work environment is amazing, the staff are great, upper management is wonderful. The regular customers are great to be in contact with! Overall great company to work for!! Highly recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of pay
lazy people
Maintenance Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 April 2017
when i worked at the flying j their whole staff were a bunch of lazy good for nothing sit around employees , i had to change coffees & do other daily work always
Red Deer, this was the worst place I ever worked. This store was so mismanaged, starting from the manager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta14 January 2017
My review is a big F, the 6-2 shift was pushy bossy old ladies. The 2-10 shift is a teenager, except the shift manager, and all they did was run around,
Played footballs with the cups, and left the store a absolute pigpen. The manager was told about it, but did nothing to stop it, and in turn I got fired for telling him what was going on. The place was a pig sty, shelves looked like they had never been cleaned
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
Everything the minute u walk in the door. RUN, don't WALK the other way
Good People, Okay Wages
Guest Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Nanton, AB19 December 2016
Great environment, I enjoy my coworkers' company very much, but you are not recognized for the work you do, and the chance of advancement is quite low. But there are lots of hours and it is a very fun place to work. The once a week pay and benefits are fantastic.
Good place to work tons of opportunity for advancement
Guest sevice leader Cashier (Current Employee) –  London/Tilbury19 November 2016
Good place to work. Just want something closer to home. Have been with the company a long time.Lots of opportunity for advancement if you are so inclined.Management open to suggestions
Beware of this company
Staff (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2016
I worked for this company and worked hard long hours little pay and was treated with such disrespect from the tcgm and the regional manager it made me feel bad about myself and finally just wore me out! Not a peoples company they are just about the money!
Pros
it paid some bills
Cons
everything else
great team bad management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Annacis, BC2 September 2016
lots of tasks to do but everything is relatively easy to complete
the only problem is low wages lots of staff turnover and little investment from corporate to make changes in these areas
Pros
easy job
Cons
low wages
Hard work for little pay and training is not great
cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
You really work hard for your money here and need eight arms to perform your duties. I loved the people that work here but training was not the best for all you do here. So many different things to learn and when you only work one day then 3 off it was hard to remember what the heck you were doing somedays. The shifts were also long even with the 10 min breaks and 1/2 hr lunch. Given more time on training for the staff would be helpful. Must be really quick to learn to work here.
Pros
discount food, good staff
Cons
poor training, long shifts
It's an OK place to work.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Balgonie, SK11 July 2016
I worked for Flying J out in Balgonie, SK. They don't check cameras and are very unprofessional about how they handle situations. Management is a complete joke, at least at the Balgonie one. The staff is a huge perk of working there. The Balgonie Flying J likes to over work their employees and treat them like garbage . Again, thank you management. I almost didn't graduate grade 12 because I was doing so much overtime due to short staff. The CEO is also a very crude, wouldn't let me go on my 10 minute break everytime he would come to our location.
Pros
Coworkers
Needs major imporvement
Night Leader (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 April 2016
Managament needs to change higher upp or the cvompany wont succeed anymore and it wont keep employees working for much longer
Pros
co workers
Cons
managament
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 February 2016
Its fun to work with, though there's alot of bottleneck in the company I manage to work under pressure and doing the right thing to do as a Shift Manager.
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2015
I love working with the public and I would rather help people with their home improvement projects. At Pilot Flying J the position is very repetitive and can get a bit monotonous at times. I don't like that others will werve customer on my cash register when I am on a break. When mistakes are made I am responsible and it is very difficult to pin point who made the errors, It doesn't happen often but, it happens.
Pros
Short commute.
Cons
Wages
Enjoyed time working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2015
I enjoyed my time working here people were great I wasn't trained well but I'm a fast learner so that helped plus they were in middle if getting new manager so I wa trained one way then had to learn new way but over all it's a great company pay is good
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not everyone does there job
Good people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2015
Clean the showers and washrooms. Mop floors. Keep the garbages empty. Go outside and empty garbages
Productive and great place to work
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2014
Management is awesome. Employee get on job training to keep increasing their skills. Pay rate is very good. I like their on job employee benefits.
Pros
Discounted lunches, paid overtime, Employee benefits
Cons
Shifts on stat holidays
fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2014
my typical day of work was hectic and very busy but time went by really fast, management and co workers were really friendly people to work with, i enjoyed my work enviroment. The hardest part of the job i found was probably the schedule, it was all over the place which i did not like, I enjoyed most of my time working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.