Pillar Security Employee Reviews

Do not be scammed by $18.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
It is scam to promise you $18 per hour. Pillar plays as minimum as possible $14 per hour. Some security supervisors maybe be paid up to $18, not security guards. Especially new ones. Pillar probation period is six months. Also, Pillar will deduct $120 for uniform. Benefits are NOT free. Pillar charges $18 per person each payroll for medical and dental benefits after six months probation
Pros
Cons
Minimum pay rate, long six months probation, uniform and benefits deductions
Great work environment, very bad management
Security Guard/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 February 2018
I worked here for a little over 2 months and when my exams came around for school and I tried to book 2 shifts off a month in advance they never processed my request and they went as far as firing me because they could not accommodate my request. Apart from the management, the one guy who manages the security is very VERY rude and does not care about his employees. Rest of management is very nice and kind so it was surprising this happened to me. They never realized how committed I was when I used to commute 2 hours to work for them.
Pros
lots of shifts available
Cons
Long hours, boring, lonely

Hello,

We take these matters very seriously, we would like to investigate this issue further, please contact Tom immediately at info@pillarsecurity.com so that we can resolve this issue immediately.” Your feedback is important to us!

good company
Security Officer - Acting site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto Downtown6 November 2018
Conceirge services in gta. Responsible position. Handling independently. Good company but slow growth. Very proffesional. will be able to work over time as well
“If you get a job offer from Pillar you should accept it”
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Really good job, super smart people, great culture, lots of learning, room for growth, would definitely go back in a more senior role. They really make the effort to make you feel part of the team.

VP is awesome and inspiring who comes from a covert intelligence/Physical Security (Police) background! Great inspiration to us all and supportive in our career progression!

Welcome training/on-broarding is amazing!

As a leader in the security industry, this company recognizes achievements and makes you excited about the things you are doing.

It provides you with various kinds of training and development. You have a chance to learn skills, which is very helpful for your development.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours but expected in this type of role!
Review Summary
Security Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
The office doesn't care much about your life, simply needs people put into schedule. Site managers are stuck up and do not care about the well being of their co-workers.
great sites, questionable security management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2015
management is unorganized. they once forgot to pay us all. there is no confidentiality,. every all staff members are gossiped about by management and mobile supervisors et. al. many guards hired are inexperienced, many have questionable communication skills. there were ample uniform supplied. co-workers were great, team environment achieved, tons of experience with the public, site management. finding relief after doing a 12 hour shift because some called in sick was always a problem: high turn over and inexperienced guards
Pros
sites were easy to access. Mobile supervisors respond to emergency calls.
Cons
no pay increases, no room for advancement, no job security
Just another security company with lots of hours and low pay
Mobile Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
These days Pillar is just another security company. The industry is just one big company with different uniforms. When I first started with Pillar they were great to work for. It was like a family, mind you they were much smaller then. Today there have been many changes from from a managerial standpoint that have turned it into just another business. You make a mistake and you're out. Like every other security job there are always lots of hours available to work with minimum wage pay. I guess the only bright side is that you get benefits after your three month probationary period.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Low pay
Stay away from Pillar Security
Security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2015
If you want to get paid $11-12 an hour and work 88 hours every 2 weeks with 12 hour shifts on the weekends and working with high turnover guards then this is the company for you. Do yourself a favor and apply to other security companies in the industry that start you at $13/hr with no security experience if you have a decent amount of customer service like Forest Hill Group, First Service Residential, etc. Pillar security gets condominiums that pay about $15k a month for 24/7 guards. Out of that they need to pay the guards and their overhead which in turn means site supervisor making $14-$16 and guards make $11-$12.
Pros
sleeping at night during night shift
Cons
low pay, working weekends, no job advancement, worst sites that have constant drugs, escorts, etc.

Hello
We take these matters very seriously, as the information inaccurate. Unfortunately, we have no record or recollection of any employee fitting this account, nor can we verify anything about your identity from your name in our records. If you were a client or former employee of ours , we would like to investigate this issue further, please contact Tom immediately at info@pillarsecurity.com so that we can resolve this issue immediately.”

non organized
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 December 2017
Not bad of a company to star of with, but they do not care about thier employees. They do not keep on track at sites nor with uniforms, missed some pay and did not get payed on the day i was supposed to. Good luck Pillar

Hello,

We take these matters very seriously, therefore we would like to investigate this issue further, please contact Tom immediately at info@pillarsecurity.com so that we can resolve this issue immediately.”

Your feedback is important to us!

great team work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  bloor and dundas12 November 2017
It was a fun environment to be a part . You meet some friends which you will be in touch with for life. The instructors were great to be around. This a great place to volunteer and work.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
non
Review
Security/Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada7 August 2012
Conducted property patrols, controlled keys for contractors, cleaners and security guards, monitored security cameras and other systems. Coordinated tasks and responsibilities with company and property management staff. Learned a lot about fire alarm and security systems, supervisory skills and improved customer service skills.
Pros
last placement was close to home.
Cons
did not like dealing with verbally abusive visitors or residents on a daily basis.
Good management but chaotic
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Very Chaotic management with scheduling. Need to be over 60 hours weekly to get overtime. The rest of the management is very positive and they do want you to advance. Mobile supervisors are great as well
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No social life if you get night shifts on weekends
Good Company
security guard (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 December 2015
Good place to work to get Professional Concierge experience..Challenging environment & supportive management. Property Managers are good and supportive too on my place..
Pros
Fun work Place
Cons
Challenging work
productive and proffesional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
patrols and customer service fire drills recording and delivering the packages noise control on weekends and parking enforcement and maintain everything in order.
This is the job for you if you are looking to make a part time earning
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 February 2017
Pillar is security company that specializes in concierge security jobs. Their jobs are mostly located in Toronto downtown area. So it is convenient for you if you are residing in down town.
Learn't lot and was given support from the start
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2016
I was looking to start in security and went to pillar. pillar trained me and paid me as i trained. I left pillar and went to work for another company and now i'm going back as pillar are the best.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
nights
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 July 2016
I worked steady shifts. They don't have rotating shifts. The condo I work at is great the residents were friendly. I got full time hours other security companies never gave me enough hours.
Pros
always got paid on time
Cons
some people mad about parking tickets
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2015
I work typically night shift, i hate night shifts because i want to sleep very much. I want to find concierge job with afternoon and day shifts
high pace work environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
offering high level of customer service
working with young and un trained staff
training and hiring
lots of learning and teaching
keeping operations to safe and perfect
working with students
Good Condo Security Compony
Condominium Security Officer (Current Employee) –  319 Merton Street, Toronto, ON M1H 2E99 June 2012
It is a good Condo Security Compony but it's a very few experience I got it from "Direct Public Dealing" with is not enough for my future Policing Job.