Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

Canada147 reviews
I worked for Pier 1 imports for 20 years. I really liked working there. There pay I don’t think was that good . I started at 750 or 800 dollars hr after 20 years I barely doubled that. I was a really good sales associate . Made a lot of really good sales . More acknowledgment would have been appreciated , BETTER RAISES WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED. I guess I doesn’t matter now they a BANKRUPT SO SAF
Pier 1 was a wonderful atmosphere where; if you were interested in growing and learning- the management team backed you up. The store teams were like a family and the customers were more often than not -really happy to be in the store taking in all the sights and smells. A working experience I will treasure.
Enjoyed working at Pier 1 Imports. People were amazing. Duties kept you busy making the store beautiful for customers. Such a great place to work, sad they closed their stores in Canada.
Pier 1 went bankrupt and all stores were closed at the end of February 2020. I enjoyed working at Pier 1 Imports as the customers are regular customers and know what they like. We had a steady stream of new product coming in every week.
The managers that I reported to were wonderful. The environment was pleasant. Unfortunately my job ended due to the company going bankrupt. I really enjoyed working there, my co-workers, mangers and the customers.
I loved my time at Pier1 Imports! Always on the go, never the same day twice and it's so rewarding to see your guests/customers come back in with pictures to show off their new decor. It's hard work and I left everyday looking forward to the next!
Other than the fact that the company has since gone bankrupt across Canada it was an enriching, challenging and above all fun place to work with great camaraderie!
Over worked under paid
Very heavy lifting, no PPE at all

Always under a microscope being watched by the DM via cameras

Terrible culture of intimidation
As a sales associate I dealt mostly with customers, helping them decide on their purchase and answering their décor questions. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with customers and co-workers
This has been one of my favourite places I have ever worked. As soon as I started working for Pier 1, I felt like I had just joined a new family. The management really does care about their employees and the other staff are all respectful and delightful. The customers are generally friendly and you get to spend a lot of time helping them and finding what they need for them. It is a relaxing and enjoyable environment . The hardest part of the job would be learning all of the fine details on the furniture that arrives. The most enjoyable would be the time you get to spend with the customers.
Culture excellent. Management was helpful and made employees feel valued. Long hours on your feet on concrete floor. Overall lovely place to work. Enjoyed the challenge and working with other employees.
Company is leaving Canada; jobs no longer available. Company is being sold, employees found out via social media which was not appreciated.
Was a lovely environment.
- great culture
- fast pace

- can be stressful at times, physically demanding, many times not enough hours to complete tasks

- ever changing direction
Fun and Friendly workplace. You'd enjoy working there if you are into home decoration and interior design. The staff is nice and helpful. The managers are approchable and understanding.
All store in Canada are closing. But before that I loved working at pier 1. All the people are so nice. I could not wait to go to work. Every week to see them.
Store closing, was great until I got that news.
Loved my job. Great associate and merchandise. Great pay, hours and benefits. Fun environment and people.
A great place to work if you are not looking to advance .
Should be paid more

Environment was always positive

Management was amazing to work with.

Can be very demanding at certain times of the year.
If the store wasn't closing I would continue to be a part time employee! The management was qualified, helpful in all situations, respectful and a team player.
Just wish the company did not decide to close its doors in Canada. Overall great work experience and flexibility in work shifts. Offered a great learning and friendly environment.
I enjoy working at Pier 1. It is different because the staff are very polite, fun to work with, helpful and positive. Pier 1 also has benefits and 25% off purchases for associates
Products and corporate management is great. Middle management is weak and ineffective. Pay is horrible. Negligible perks. No proper coaching. Weak team meeting events.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.