Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Loved working there , only reason I left was because we moved out of the city to raise our children. It was a fun place to work , and every day was different . You never knew how a customer was looking to decorate their home so it was a fun challenge to help them put together the look they were trying to create.
Travail très varier , agréable avec les clients.
conseillere-vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 March 2018
Travail très physique par moment . Problème a une épaule durant cette période de travail . J'ai du repensé ma carrière. Merci.
Pros
Varier et très agréable avec le public.
Cons
parfois très physique .
Not the Best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2018
Work with a lot of great people, but definitely a feeling of unappreciation considering all the hard work the sales associates do when compared to sales leaders. The company just cares about numbers. Pay sucks, every time I have gotten a "raise" of a couple of cents, the min. wage goes up, so it doesn't really make a difference. Hard work goes unnoticed, and favoritism is showed to those who sell big-ticket items.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2018
I started working with Pier 1 when I was in High school and then when I was 34. Great place, great atmosphere, great company! I would recommend it to anyone who like an environment that is fun and productive.
Messy task and responsibility management.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 February 2018
There is a complete and semi reliable policy and management system but there is not enough coaching and opportunity to implement the policy in the way that it designed.
Cons
weak managment
Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Productive work setting with friendly people who look out for you. Management takes you under their wing to ensure that you settle into the flow of the operation.
Great staff and management, poor pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 November 2017
It's a little overwhelming at times but the friendly staff and encouraging management makes you fell at ease. Unfortunately the pay is very low, even for a part-time entry level job.
Great store
Interim Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 October 2017
Working in the store is an excellent experience, you get to dabble in many aspects of the customer experience and learn to create a well rounded and positive shopping experience but, the company doesn't value its employees as much as it should. We work very hard to meet sales targets and KPI's but we are not recognized through our pay. They make it difficult to advocate for ourselves and they do not recognize loyalty.
productive place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 October 2017
This was for my internship so I ca learn more about the world I want to work in and do had fun doing g the displays and stuff like thay as being around d people while working made the day go faster
fun workplace with very friendly co-workers/ environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
the work environment was pleasant and fun, co-workers and management are helpful and i enjoyed the freedom of flexible hours. i learned new organizational and stocking skills.
internship
Interior Decorating Internship (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 September 2017
did my internship with them did many displays for them it was fun but i didnt learn much here i wish i did my internship other place to have more experience in with this
You get to see alot of cool furniture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 September 2017
Working at Pier one has a slower pace, at times you lack things to do. I attained knowledge of how to "front face" and how to arrange shelving. In the back stock room and was able to build my knowledge of SKU's and improve my organisational skills.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
empty store, long hours
Benefits and discount
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Florida20 August 2017
Loyal customers, great discount.

Low salaries for ASM and Key holders, very difficult to attract talent. Work environment in older stores is not a priority. Break rooms for team cannot be painted, floors have not been deep cleaned in years.
Pros
Benefits, discount
Cons
It, store support, facilities, poor work/life balance
Customer focused
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2017
very comfortable work environment. Product however is very expensive, especially when you look at the quality of what you're buying. I worked at one location but was always making visits to local ones and one thing i did notice was everywhere i went, the staff was phenomenal.
Easy job, no benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
A very easy job. No full-time hours available, no benefits. Must be available evenings and weekends. Heavy lifting required. Staff at my location are nice, other locations not so much. Usually very accommodating with hours, sometimes not.
Cons
No benefits
Fun co-workers, management needs to improve
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Really fun work environment, co-workers are awesome. Management needs to improve, from store managers to district managers. Can be hard work, but it is worth it. You become really familiar with the 'regulars', and its always nice to have a visit when they come in.
Decent Workplace, less than stellar environment
Warehouse/Sales Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 August 2017
- Friendly staff and coworkers

- Average retail environment, very focused on presentation and customer relations

- Very behind in technologies that would make freight and product organization much easier for staff to handle ( heavy cabinets and such have to be unloaded and lifted by hand, there is no consistent organization of merchandise in the back, and handling merchandise in general is very physical and tiring, especially over long shifts.

- Workplace culture however, is very strong, but younger individuals may feel out of place.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Extremely physical, very uncomfortable work conditions
great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2017
selling
helping customers
unloading stock
doing inventory
doing displays
management good to work with
head office good to deal with
hardest part very physical work
best part helping customers
fun workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2017
lots of hours at Christmas time, fun people, the store is very uplifting and visually pleasing. customers are wonderful to work with and the decor is great.
Pros
nice store
Relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 July 2017
Very relaxed during the day, but there can be a lot of gossip between certain associates. Mostly all fun people though. Company is well organised and everything works like it should.
Pros
Low stress, relaxed environment
Cons
No opportunity for full time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.