Piedmont Plastics Employee Reviews

Great place to work except the pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SC6 February 2018
This was an excellent job as far as the work is concerned. The main complaint I have is the pay. Not a place to come off raises quickly even if knowledge for raise is gained.
Pros
Good work environment and learning opportunity
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Great company overall, but Branch is not
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  California2 February 2018
Piedmont is a great company to work for, but major changes in management style in the last couple of years has made it hard for some coworkers to adjust to the new ways.
Pros
Great health benefits, Pto
Cons
No flexible hours, constant interruptions while working
family environment
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 January 2018
everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other's work. the company succeeds consistently and has a great business model. I would recommend anyone for a job a Piedmont. They have handfuls of people who have been there 20+ years, and that is a sign of a good organization!
good place to be
Certified Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA5 January 2018
The staff is great and there is opportunity to work your way up.
the benefits are good and the company is well established. You are able to learn a lot of different skills and work with the public quite a bit.
Pros
Great staff
Great company overall Management sucks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA24 December 2017
Orders usually are given out early to see what the work load looks like for the day. Site manager comes out and talks utter nonsene. Always trying to change the way to work for the day. Has no peoples skill. Co workers are great.
Pros
Lunch in are great, co workers are awesome
Cons
site manager has no clue what he is doing
Beneficial Work Expirence
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA5 November 2017
My Internship Expirence spent at Piedmont Plastics was short but has benefitted for long terms. I grew expirence on Media Design and a compliant Customer Service based apon the companies eligibilty from my work output.
Fast paced work place
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PA1 November 2017
Typical day at work was picking, packing, unloading & loading trucks, material movement, scanning, shipping, receiving
Driving forklift & running C & C

Hardest part of the job was inventory control
i dont want to discuss
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC14 October 2017
just normal everyday stuff an i dont want to discuss my job at all work place not fun pay is not cool mangemet have there favorites been here 4 years an ready for something new
Cons
Great place to work, no complaints!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ17 August 2017
A typical day at work was very enjoyable as long as you're okay with being on your feet and moving most of the day. Orders would come in and products would be manufactured then shipped and processed and that process would repeat throughout the day. Other tasks such as maintaining a clean work environment, etc etc. Overall the job itself was good for financial stability and regular hours.
Pros
Free lunch somedays, great co-workers, wonderful management
Great Company
Account Manager/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC21 February 2017
A growing company that was very busy. I had the opportunity to advance in the company and learned management skills and well as improving time management skills. I was very successful at this company but found that my passion was in accounting rather than supervision. The people were great and we did have fun times around the holidays.
Pros
Free Lunches when we had a good month in profit.
Cons
67 hours/week was to long, did not have enough time with family.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC5 January 2017
This is a great plastic manufacturing company with good benefits and business is good. The people are great. I loved my job but the hours I put in (60 hours/week) was to much for me. I did enjoy the monthly luncheons they provided.
Pros
Monthly Meals for Safety and Good Jobs
Cons
Worked to many hours - 60 hours/week
Great place to work,great co-workers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, IL15 November 2016
Was a great place to work,family type atmosphere.Everyone help each other out.I started as just 1 person in shipping and quickly grew us into a crew of 5 becoming the warehouse manager. Management always created new position for me so they could give me another promotion. Hardest part was keeping up with supplies, best part was, no matter how hard the day was going to be,
Pros
lived a block away, great benefits
Cons
new management with no experience in plastics
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC5 November 2016
Nice hours and great equipment. Great people to work with and management treated employees well. Company paid for lunches and dinners. Great location.
Average job perfect for work experience while attending school.
Lead Machinist (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TN6 October 2015
Learn a lot about the work environment. Learn how to interact with customers and sales staff on an efficient level. Not a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor managment, no growth postential
Great
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro,NC26 March 2015
There was nothing to hard at this job because the job and the environment was great and i enjoyed my days there. My co-worker helped me learn the job and were everything was. The only hard part of this job was just learning your on cover so that it was easier for you to do the job but I love everything about this job. Would go back if I was still living in Greensboro.
Good company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  TN22 April 2014
Most enjoyable...getting something done nobody thinks can be done.
Pros
8-5 Mon thru Fri
Cons
Corporate values safety first. Not in the Nashville Branch
Overall was a good place to work. Good and fun employees around me and fun to work with daily.
Warehouse material puller (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL16 January 2014
A typical day at work consisted of pulling customer orders, loading and unloading trucks. Stored materials. Moved material throughout warehouse using a forklift and pallet jack. Packaged and shipped items via UPS and Fed Ex. Performed inventory on an annual basis's. Maintain inventory levels throughout the year to insure proper inventory levels during annual inventory.
Most enjoyable part of this job was the guys that I worked with everyday.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with certain management daily.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Vacation/holiday's. Time off for appointments without using personal time.
Cons
Not much overtime. hourly wage
Good, solid company
Branch Administration (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH7 June 2013
Phones, accounting, inventory, stock, purchasing...all part of a days work. I became more organized and confident in the many facets of my position. Take charge was a duty and I did what I had to do to get the job done.

Most of my co-workers are excellent, the only ones that annoyed me are those who lazy and don't do enough to help the company and our branch excel.

Hardest would be keeping the customer satisfied with us still making a profit.

Enjoyable would be the work itself. Really enjoy the detailed job.
Pros
Organized, Ethical, 5 days a week never a weekend
my opinion
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH24 April 2013
cut various orders to specs, loaded and unloaded semis, tracked orders, made deliverys and took customers orders and kept records.
fast paced the only employee in the warehouse.
Pros
great pay
Cons
4 hour traffic jams morning and night
Very professional, great co-workers, great benefits, great shifts
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Cataño, PR21 February 2013
The company offered great benefits, great shifts, close from home, great managers and co-workers, the hardest part was to learn about the plastic industry. It was a relax inside sale office enviroment.
Pros
free lunches by managers, paid travel trainings
Cons
it was difficult learning the plastic materials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2