PIDHERNEY'S Employee Reviews

Treated like dirt
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB4 March 2019
I worked for Pidherney’s for one season. It wasn’t bad when I first started, great crew, great foreman and lots of work although the pay was on the low end. I ran a skid steer for them and was promised to be moved up to operating heavier equipment shortly. Towards the end of the season I was moved to an out of town job with a different foreman and was treated like absolute dirt because I didn’t fit it with his clique. After a few weeks of that I was moved back to my old crew and was told by the office I would be hired back the following year. I wasn’t really interested in returning anyway and never received a phone call back from them. I later found out the other foreman that I worked with placed me and a bunch of others on the “do not call back” list. They promise you the world and do not deliver. They’re a shady company to work for and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, Unprofessional management
great for new hires
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB4 January 2019
pidherneys is great for new hires and green people. they teach anyone to operate equipment that they desire. eventually after about 6 months to a year of working with them, youll realize they put you on the back burner. gets very slow, lay offs.
Good people and a great work environment.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB22 February 2018
there was long hours but they went by fast as it was a great work environment. Foreman and collegues alike were helpful, kind and easy to get along with. Great place to work.!!!
Standard construction company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB3 January 2018
If you can get in the boys club you will do well. keep the Chapstick handy.
Pid's keeps rotating the old equipment out so you most likely wont have to operate old equipment. The problem is they have so much equipment its hard for the poor beat down mechanics to keep up with service and repairs.
Pros
good wages
Cons
boys club management style
Good place to work. Lots of hours. Wages are a little low considering the amount of physical labor.
Back up Pipe layer (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB9 December 2017
We worked between 50 and 70 hours a week. Sometimes we would go for 2 weeks straight and only get a day or two off. However the crews are made up of good people, and the morale is quite high among workers. I enjoyed my time with Pidherneys but I only wish they could offer better wages.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Poor wages.
Great place to train on different jobs
Oil field equipment oper all types (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain house21 September 2017
Pidhernies was great for getting work exp oper dif eguip great bosses worked out of rocky mountain house but in many different locations throughout Alberta
Pros
Company truc
Cons
Moving from town to town different motels
Its a great company
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 September 2017
Its a great company. I get to enjoy the hot weather but don't have to work in the rain or once the ground freezes. I am able to utilize my high enegy.
Great working environment and management
IT Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 August 2017
I like working here. Staff is easy to get along with and the technology in use is up to date. My manager is a great guy and knows his stuff and the rest of management is top notch.
Pros
Environment, Cake
Cons
Contract work
Long hours with decent pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB22 August 2017
The hours were very long with not much time to have a social life outside work.
They were generally good to work for and fair and when shown ability to exceed they would give more tasks accordingly.
garbage place to work
Water and sewer lead hand (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB19 July 2017
Brutal management , They used to work long hours which was good but suddenly they cant get any work , might have to do with some of there management ,thats all I got to say
Good to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB11 March 2017
Great company to work for, new equipment, and good management, not to far to travel, and not working weekend good pay always on time, good benefits , very clean .
Great overtime and benefits
Equipment Operator/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB21 December 2016
Pidherney's trucking was a great place to work for as long as you didn't mind long hours and no advancement in pay. but you get lots of different experience such as general labour, and maybe if you lucky even heavy equipment.
Pros
camp jobs, great hours
Cons
no advancement in pay
Pays well but not a secure source of income
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB21 November 2016
There is never enough work for everyone. When you are working, you are paid exceptionally well, but the work is never steady.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not reliable
good place to work
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB17 October 2016
good place to work, fast paced, good equipment, maintence is a major part , most jobs are local and home every night which is a definite plus
Great place to work, unfortantely not enough work at the momment.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB21 January 2016
I enjoy working at Pidherney's, unfortunately I have to do what I need now for my family and find a stable job that works for us, or else I wouldn't be leaving. Worked with some great co workers, to foreman's, all the way to the consultants for other Company's. I need to keep my options open for our future.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Riliable and quality orientented
Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 December 2015
Everyone works to the best of their ability in order to get the job done well in the time given. Time management and safety are both given priority.