Pickering Soccer Club Employee Reviews

Great experience
Pickering soccer association club (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 April 2019
I loved working with such young kids showing them all the benefits being on a sports team can do. Like meeting life long best friends maintaining a fit lifestyle and being a happier person altogether.
A Friendly & engaging work enviroment
Volunteer & Coach (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 March 2019
A fun and active environment to work for.
Great staff engagement and community outreach.
Always a pleasure to go into work each and every day.
A happy and willing staff who have the communities interests at heart.
Fun upbeat place
Coaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2019
I was a former soccer player, enjoyed working with the children and practicing teaching skills with them. I enjoy being outside and enjoying the weather while playing my favorite sport
Pros
Outside, fun
Cons
short hours
A fun and Active wok enviroment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 August 2018
I enjoyed all the aspects of being an assistant coach, from organizing practices to creating detailed game plans. The Pickering soccer club has made this experience fun and inviting.
Great
Coach (Former Employee) –  1975 Clement Rd, Pickering7 June 2018
This place was great place to work. I learned a lot of skills that will stay with me for a ever. Every had such a positive attitude. The days were long but very enjoyable because of the opportunities I was given.
easy and quick
Referee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 May 2018
As a referee, you are responsible for making sure the games run smoothly and that the parents and teams behave appropriately. After games, you must complete a form showing you attended the game, and hand it in at the end of the month.
Pros
choose hours
Cons
don't get many hours
Interesting experience
Assistant Referee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 May 2018
Getting up everyday to go to school then after knowing that you have to go somewhere near where you live for and hour just to make $30-$60 is a great feeling. Have to interact with referees that have been there for 5+ years and for them to share their stories and accomplishments is so fun to be around. A positive community that gets stronger every year.
Pros
salery $30-$120 a night depends on how many games you have
Cons
may rain or snow
Volunteer
Camp volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 May 2018
I didn't get payed for this job it was just a high school volunteer opportunity. Just posting this because the site would not let me continue if i said nothing
Fun camp filled with amazing people
Summer Camp Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 September 2017
In the soccer camp program i was taught how to handle and teach kids in a great way. I got to teach them how to play soccer, which is something i love to do everyday.
Pros
Love the sport
Cons
Fun workplace to get to know people and handle working with many different teams.
Coach & volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 September 2017
I learned alot about training and handling kids so that they were safe and had fun. There were many oppurtunities to help out and interact with the parents and other coaches. It was a competetive environment but only because of the sporting aspect of the game.
na
Indoor Recreational Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 September 2017
This information does not apply as this was volunteer work as a student. PSC overall is a club i used to play for and enjoyed the coaching staff and office staff
Amazing atmosphere while playing with little kids
Physical Literacy Coach (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON31 August 2017
This is a great job for someone who is looking to get into the workforce. A typical work day last 30 minutes and occurs 3 times a week. You get to be a trainer who warms up children aged 3-6 for their soccer games. You show them fundamental skills, such as a proper warm-up and cool down required for sports, and get to have fun while doing it.
maintenance staff
Health & Safety Field Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 February 2017
great close family like environment. Lots to do and will be working with great staff. Most duties are janitorial but other than that it require setting up for events
productive
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 February 2016
it was hard at first managing two teams but this job helped me become a lot more organized with my emails, tasks and contacts. i didn't have an assistant coach to help me so i was all on my own.
Pros
teaching the children a sport i love
Cons
difficult schedule
Great envrionment with players and parents.
Certified Referee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, Ontario21 August 2014
- very flexible schedules because you choose the games you want to referee
- admin always around the fields checking up on the games
Pros
Flexible, great pay
Cons
Games can get boring
Had fun
Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 June 2013
A typical day for reffing would be that I would have to arrive to the games early to get myself organized and get the information I needed from the coaches of both teams. I learned that parents can be really rude towards myself if I didn't make a good call in their point of view. I also learned just to keep clam and explain why I made a certain call if I had to. The other refs and linesmen were very nice and fun to be around. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the rude parents at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing little kids kick a ball around and just have fun.
Pros
Good pay
Great Seasonal Job
Referee (Current Employee) –  Pickering25 April 2013
if you love children and soccer this is the job. it is only seasonal though. you get paid monthly and by the game.
hardest part of the ob is the coaches when they complain but when you have worked in the reffing industry for quite a few years you learn how to deal with players, coaches, parents, etc
Pros
good pay
Cons
monthly, seasonal
Love This Job
Assitant Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 January 2013
I love working with little kids so I love this job, I don't get paid because it is voluntary but I love playing soccer so I love coaching it.
Pros
working with little kids
Cons
early mornings