Pick A Part

Pick A Part Employee Reviews

Male Orientated Work Place

I was only there for a few months as I was in between jobs at the time. Very male orientated. If you weren't part of the "in" crowd then you were left to the side

Customer experience

The experience and skills i gained in this position was definitely worth the hard yards . The customer service representatives that I supervised and trained were awesome to work with. Overall, the face to face customer service and solutions would have had to be my favorite part. Interacting and assisting them was something I always had a passion for, which grew over time.

fun-interesting-great benefits

one of the best jobs i have ever endured great ownership-management heart breaking when sold to corporate provide great benefits good pay and help for the less fortunate in mechanical needs-plus recycling for the envoriment

Pros

na

Cons

na

A very nice place to work

we start work work at 8:00 am till 12:30 and then from 1:30 to 5:00 pm, we have 1 hour break and i really enjoyed working there,meeting new customers and i rely enjoyed it

Pick A Part

I enjoyed working here, although when I first started, females were not allowed to work in the workshop. After Aucklands management met me that changed.

Pros

Variety of work

Cons

Pay

Fast paced

Great company to work for I enjoyed being employed thru them and they were very flexible with my schedule when needed. Overall I had a good experiance

A workplace that values productivity and hard work.

A typical day at work differs between job titles. I learned how to find work, double check myself, make sure I have proof of everything. Management is very uninvolved in the work environment. The culture is not ideal, but fast friendships can be made and lots of humor is shared. The hardest part of the job is continuing work with no actual guidance or training. The computer and accounting systems are not correctly implemented and much trouble is caused by human error that can easily be rectified with the proper procedures. I enjoy working in a self-reliant environment and figuring out complex problems by myself.

Pros

Only worked until 3 pm

Cons

Difficult work environment

Pretty good place to work

I drove the forklift and pulled parts and got vehicles ready to be scrapped,co-workers were good and responsible,I also got a discount on parts

Dispatcher

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Dispatching out drivers to different locations to pick up vehicles for parting out. Answering phone calls and directing them to the proper department. Faxing, filing, inputting information into the computer.

Pick A Part Customer services

A typical day would be to have face to face communication with customers greeting and cash exchanging with customers. I learnt that every situation can be different and Iv'e learnt to adapt with customers needs. I always have 1 other co worker with me at all times and was training me towards progressing my position, I thoroughly enjoy working with others. The hardest part of the job which was at closing time. You could often find yourself leaving at 6 pm though the doors closed at 5 pm. Majority of the time it was because customers were still in the yard working. I learnt alot about vehicles and car parts which i have always had a passion for.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

travelling to each site around Auckland on a weekly basis

data entry

furniture business data entry all payment posts 30 minute lunch break to much work for such small pay

Pros

discounts

Cons

not a very team player enviromrnt

The staff are great people to work with, friendly and kind

While the staff is great the schedule is not. This company is opened 7 day a week and only close on Christmas day. The work is enjoyable I just found the rotating schedule to difficlut to do.

Pros

relaxed and casual environment

Cons

working all weekends and holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick A Part. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement