Photos Unlimited
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Photos Unlimited Employee Reviews

Whatever you do, Don't work here

Whatever you do, Don't work here unless you are a skilled OLP Photographer for Photos Unlimited and you know how to please people (studio managers). Bad service to customers, overcharging for passport photos.

Don’t apply

They only care about number like most companies. You will be under paid, and I did not get proper training. They also allowed me to work with dangerous equipment knowing it was dangerous and didn’t train me on how to use it properly. Great place to get electrocuted.

Pros

You get to work alone

Cons

The entire company sucks and isn’t organized, All equipment is 20+ years old, Makes you do cold calling, IT will watch you on cameras without your knowledge so I never felt safe

Management is awful.

Barely trained me for the job at all. Left me alone, barely knowing how to RUN the place by myself. Because she wanted days off and was overworked. She gave me maybe 3 days of training. I needed alot more cause I was so stressed out and lost. One of the worst job experiences in my life. I love taking photos, that was the 1 pro, but I was not trained for it properly as the management is literal $#i+..

Fun and Work

It is fun to work there for someone who loves photography. The not fun thing is when the customers do not know how to pose even how much you instruct them or you did all your best and do not get a single sale out of that which affects your performance as SALES is what matter to most business owners. Sales depends highly on the location of a business. The passport photos are also overpriced which I do not understand why. Overall I like working there because of photography.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

High demand for sales. Old equipment.

Their way or the Highway

You can have a great boss or a bad boss. I got both. I made some great friends but overall they use you, abuse you and continually expect it. Not all customer requests are the same but they expect you to be a robot and do the same for each (the only thing I did the same was treat them with kindness) but made sure the customer got (and a lot of time a bit more) what they came in for. My studio numbers proved it always being "in the green". It's unfortunate that a bad boss can make you leave a job you loved.

Pros

Can meat some great people

Cons

You are an employee number and that's all management looks at you as

Horrible place to work

Management has no idea what's going on very uninformed business missing out on a lot of key areas that they could make money blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Pros

Cons

Horrible work place

Stupidity

DO NOT WORK THERE. They make u show proof of your really sick. Make you force customers to buy photos and take photos. Photography sucks. Nothing is free even when they say it is.

Stay away

If you value your mental health, stay away! Extreme, relentless & demanding sales pressure to obtain unrealistic sales goals. Outdated equipment, old broken props, outdated 90’s style backdrops, extremely overpriced photo packages & over priced passport photos,High turnover of staff because of these ongoing issues. They don’t care about their staff or photo quality only money

Dishonest and ungrateful

Ask for a leave of absence for 3 weeks which they granted but upon my return they had replaced me. Went to the labour board to complain. I am seeking one week pay for 3 months service. After 6 days of training was left to run the business by myself and work 30 days straight. Local manager was awesome the district manager was inconsiderate. Even when technical difficulties are rules I worked through them and didn't lose any business. After all I had done I felt it unjustified to terminate my employment. I did enjoy the job but think upper management has their head up their butt.

Pros

The children

Cons

Poor upper management

great team

It was a good place to work and very supportive and the team mates are willing to go the extra mile to help the new employees! The older staff will always help and they are all willing to try new things with family pictures

Stressful

This company is complicated to say the least, you can become management in know time with the high turn over rate due to miscommunication, constant product price change, high pressure, passive support games that are played. Equipment is outdated with being cameras and lighting for unattractive photos that clients will complain about. 85% of the staff are unskilled but expected to be professional photographers.

If I could rate a 0 I would

I went to college for Photography and it is my passion. Working for this company made me almost loose my passion. That should show you how horrible it was. They don’t care about the happiness of clients they care about money. Both DMs treated me like garbage. I loved my clients and they loved me. They Told me they only came back for me and not the actual company.

It was a good job

For photogroaphers it was a great job and really helps gain experience. Loved getting to work with new and returning customers. A lot of pressures to upsell. The effort to care about employees was there but the make was a little missed.

Good part time job and great employees.

It was a great job for the summer and during school. I had the pleasure to work with people that I connected with as well. It is a friendly environment to work in.

Good

A lot of things to learn with camera equipment,photo editing, cashier,order processing,passport photos. Portrait set up, family photo posing. Day to day tasks. Clean up work space. Open and close studio

Don’t care

They don’t care about your well being. You truly try to make sales. But it’s not good enough. They will cut your hours give hours to people that make more sales. Not caring that you have bills to paid and family’s to take care.

Fun place too work love being Santa for the kids

Great place to use your imaginative flavours and ideas Great fun being involved with children of all ages and backgrounds . Being Santa is one of the most fulfilling jobs anyone could ever have .

demanding management.

Management will rather pick on what didn't go well instead of thanking staff for their efforts. You can have the best day in sales, but if you didn't sell an on location session they will rather focus on this. They are very demanding and never happy with the results. They promised me a raise, gave me a better position and never actually adjusted my salary. I had all these responsibilities and no raise. They kept saying << we'll look at your numbers after the next period>> After a year, when I told them I had an offer elsewhere with a better salary they offered me a 2% increase, which is not what we had discussed. They will always ask for more and tell you you are not doing enough. Its a shame, the Job is fun but the environment is toxic.

Horrible

I would not recommend anyone apply here. Management, corporate all corrupt. I had a labor board law suite as they refused to pay for holidays and vacations. Horrible place.

Loved It

The hours are perfect for anyone, and the team is amazing. Across the board, I never had any issues and loved working there. You get sales experience and photography experience all in one.

Frustrating to say the least

I would have loved this job if the software was updated, the studio was better suited and camera not attached to the tripod. The opportunity for creativity is zero in studio. Families also struggle to afford images and are forced to purchase a 100 dollar disc of 1 single image. People want local photographers for their onsite images. Photos unlimited should stick to studio and stick to being the best in studio photography location. If the ceo stuck to perfecting ONE type of photography they'd make more money and serve the oublic better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Photos Unlimited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5