Phoenix society
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Phoenix society Culture reviews

Canada18 reviews

Clear

Great clients but thoughtless and disconnected leadership/mgmt.

Working with the clients at Phoenix is great. It is a highly rewarding place to work because of the clients. At time of this review (Dec 2022), the Management/ "leadership" overseeing Mental Health and clinical care at Phoenix are grossly unqualified, and disconnected from client welfare. As such, working with clients becomes nearly impossible due to erratic decision making and belittling from mgmt. Best to avoid working at Phoenix in its current state.

Pros

Client population

Cons

Management, toxic culture, high turnover, hard to find parking

Lack of proper training and follow up. Lack of warnings and opportunities for learning.

I was not properly trained. I had lack of warning and I did not have opportunities to learn and improve nor feedback and support that was needed to succeed. It was very difficult and disappointing. I would not recommend this and good job culture. I don’t think I received fair treatment here.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Lack of proper training and feedback

Insights into Phoenix society

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Organization that values the needs of both staff and residents.

I feel grateful to work in a place that has a strong sense of community and culture. It is a positive work environment where you are able to learn from everyone you interact with on a day to day basis, both coworkers and clients. Working in a growing organization, like Phoenix Society, promotes a fast paced work environment and one that you as an employee are able to grow in, both personally and professionally.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

Parking

Collaborative environment; like-minded people helping others to succeed

Phoenix's culture is positive and inviting. The work may be challenging at times, but it's also very rewarding. It takes a special kind of person to work here; someone who enjoys connecting with others and doing what they can to make a difference. This is what community is all about.

Pros

Good work-life balance

A great place of work, supportive team

We are growing and the company is doing everything possible to add programs and people to support staff. Overall, staff is supportive and willing to assist.

Pros

flexible, work life balance, great employer

Best yet

In a lifetime of employers this one is the most respectful, honest and people-first I've ever experienced. I had previous experience in the role that I was hired for so my knowledge and experience were valued; zero micro-managing was a blessing. The other staff are the best part and the fact that dogs are welcome :) I don't have a worst part to report.

Pros

Team atmosphere

produtive and fun

Great place to work. Lots of caring counsellors and leaders. You can bring your dogs with you and tenants can have pets too. Great place for commuting, close to skytrain.

Pros

Bring pets to work

Cons

parking

Innovative and caring culture that promotes well-being and a humnaistic lens

The day is full with lots of interaction and the opportunity to help people around ever corner. Working here has fulfilled my life beyond anything i could imagine. In my time here i have developed professionally at a rapid pace. They have promoted me for my efforts and with that a compensation that has drastically improved my way of life. The training they offered has secured me as a professional and has given me the tools to be able to help our demographic. The best part of the job is being a small part of people changing their entire life for the better. Watching them reach their goals and live a beautiful existence.

Pros

A warm and inviting culture that focuses on the human element

Cons

At times, policy rigid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Phoenix society reviews by location

Learn about Phoenix society in popular locations

• Phoenix society