Phoenix society
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Phoenix society Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Informative about understanding of inter-disciplinary building of team work enviroment..

The PARC program is serving a variety of needs for individuals that are street intrenched, which is fast paced and intense when an overdose occurs, this is where a good knowledge of team work is necessary for best practice outcomes. My favourite part of my job is knowing that I am doing Gods work in my community.

Pros

Team environment

Cons

Client sense of entitlement

Great clients but thoughtless and disconnected leadership/mgmt.

Working with the clients at Phoenix is great. It is a highly rewarding place to work because of the clients. At time of this review (Dec 2022), the Management/ "leadership" overseeing Mental Health and clinical care at Phoenix are grossly unqualified, and disconnected from client welfare. As such, working with clients becomes nearly impossible due to erratic decision making and belittling from mgmt. Best to avoid working at Phoenix in its current state.

Pros

Client population

Cons

Management, toxic culture, high turnover, hard to find parking

Insights into Phoenix society

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Apply Elsewhere

Phoenix Society looks great on paper however, as staff quickly learn, how they portray themselves on social media is a far cry from how things actually are.Phoenix Society is one of the most negligent, mismanaged and under qualified organizations that I have ever had the displeasure of working for. There is a reason why this organization is constantly hiring. The managers at the main campus are extremely toxic and self serving and create a hostile work environment. It is such a shame because the clients here deserve so much better.Do yourself a favour: apply elsewhere.

Heavily hostile dynamics

A long way to go to be an inclusive and safe environment.Didn’t follow policies give preferential staffing to certain people and offered overtime only to certain people expected certain people to do double the work load Heavily reprimanded were not following instructions from being micromanaged Went back to Lookout

Cons

Micromanaging

Stay away !

Burnout is highly likely in this environment due to lack of support and lack of staff. Turn over rate for staff is vey high due to lack of support from management. You are not valued as an employee. Very toxic workplace. Pay is very low. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

clients are great

Cons

Poor management and leadership

Lack of proper training and follow up. Lack of warnings and opportunities for learning.

I was not properly trained. I had lack of warning and I did not have opportunities to learn and improve nor feedback and support that was needed to succeed. It was very difficult and disappointing. I would not recommend this and good job culture. I don’t think I received fair treatment here.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Lack of proper training and feedback

Phoenix society is a great place to work if you are informative and investing in clients and their care.

Burnout is highly likely in this environment due to lack of support and ability to connect with management. Poor benefit from working in this job. Little to no mental health support and same with HR. Also Unanticipated meetings that are unscheduled and unwarranted.

Pros

Working with residents and clients

Cons

Poor management and team

Organization that values the needs of both staff and residents.

I feel grateful to work in a place that has a strong sense of community and culture. It is a positive work environment where you are able to learn from everyone you interact with on a day to day basis, both coworkers and clients. Working in a growing organization, like Phoenix Society, promotes a fast paced work environment and one that you as an employee are able to grow in, both personally and professionally.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

Parking

Collaborative environment; like-minded people helping others to succeed

Phoenix's culture is positive and inviting. The work may be challenging at times, but it's also very rewarding. It takes a special kind of person to work here; someone who enjoys connecting with others and doing what they can to make a difference. This is what community is all about.

Pros

Good work-life balance

People First Culture

I have worked at Phoenix for 5 years and i do not see myself leaving anytime soon. Since being here i have been offered several opportunities for growth. i began as a Program Assistant working evenings, after several months moved into admissions coordinator working 8-4pm. I currently have been promoted again and am thrilled with the experience and friendships I have developed working here. Staff receive educational funds, regular free staff training, and benefits! Phoenix isnt just a place of employment it is a community.

Pros

environment

A great place of work, supportive team

We are growing and the company is doing everything possible to add programs and people to support staff. Overall, staff is supportive and willing to assist.

Pros

flexible, work life balance, great employer

Best yet

In a lifetime of employers this one is the most respectful, honest and people-first I've ever experienced. I had previous experience in the role that I was hired for so my knowledge and experience were valued; zero micro-managing was a blessing. The other staff are the best part and the fact that dogs are welcome :) I don't have a worst part to report.

Pros

Team atmosphere

produtive and fun

Great place to work. Lots of caring counsellors and leaders. You can bring your dogs with you and tenants can have pets too. Great place for commuting, close to skytrain.

Pros

Bring pets to work

Cons

parking

Innovative and caring culture that promotes well-being and a humnaistic lens

The day is full with lots of interaction and the opportunity to help people around ever corner. Working here has fulfilled my life beyond anything i could imagine. In my time here i have developed professionally at a rapid pace. They have promoted me for my efforts and with that a compensation that has drastically improved my way of life. The training they offered has secured me as a professional and has given me the tools to be able to help our demographic. The best part of the job is being a small part of people changing their entire life for the better. Watching them reach their goals and live a beautiful existence.

Pros

A warm and inviting culture that focuses on the human element

Cons

At times, policy rigid.

Don’t work their

Not very fair their all about making money no room for advancement no extra training lots of family work their even though they say they work with Fraser health they don’t have the benefits.Speaking of benefits those don’t exist.

Fun environment but not much to do

The clients you meet there are fantastic. Getting to know their story and see them grow is the best part.. the actual job itself can be boring. There is not much to do besides the medication administration. Co-workers are friendly and kind. You don't see much of upper management though. Overall it's a good place to get your foot in the door for addiction and recovery work.

Pros

Friendly co-workers, clients

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Phoenix society reviews by location

Learn about Phoenix society in popular locations

• Phoenix society