Phoenix Restorations

Phoenix Restorations Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Phoenix has great work atmosphere and I enjoy people I work with. They really take care of their employees. The pay is fair and there are opportunities to advance whether you're in the office or in the field ( I work in the office).

Managers actually listen to their staffs' input
We have a solid group of guys who like to help each other. Managers support us and give us opportunities to move up and everyone in the office works together to make our job easier. There was a change in one of the managers and the atmosphere improved a lot. Company recognizes their employees during birthday breakfasts or awards, its really nice. Good place to call work and happy to work here
Exciting and challenging place to work. Everyday is an adventure because everyday is different. Sure your work responsibilities stay the same and change over time as you advance in the company but everyday you go do different homes, help different people and I like it, no two days are the same. The only thing that stays the same are the guys I work with.

There were a bunch of negative reviews on here but about a year ago, one of the top managers were let go and atmosphere and attitude has improved so much since that person left.

Phoenix has been good to me for so long so I would never jump ship and have faith in management to make right calls even if sometimes they are tough ones.
I love my co-workers which is a must when you have to be around them 5+ days a week. Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a family like vibe at Phoenix and they do a lot for us to make us feel like a family and a team.

I really enjoy our events from Go Karts, bowling, Castle Fun Park, Bring your family events, BBQs, Brithday Breakfast because it allows office staff to interact with field staff, we are all one big team.

I used to work in the field and got promoted to work in the office. Ownership has a great eye for talent and does a lot of promoting within as opposed to hiring from outside. It encourages staff to work harder and go the extra mile because management recognizes it.

I enjoy coming to work!
I really enjoyed working at Phoenix. The hours can get pretty crazy and we do a lot of OT but thats where you can make a lot of $. I got 3 raises during my time with the company and they put my through a lot of training. My family moved up North so I had to leave but I made a lot of friends in the company and I enjoyed coming to work. Waking up at 2 am to go to a flood is not everyone but we help people and I always took pride in what we do as a company.
The hours are unpredictable naturally due to the nature of the business but everyone is expected to do a certain amount of on call shifts monthly which is where the money can be made but otherwise the pay is poor and good luck getting a raise if you don't do the mandatory " voluntary on call shifts"expected by almost all employees,. One good thing is there are many company events,breakfasts and family functions.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfast and family days
Cons
Crazy hours
Worked with an amazing team of positive people that have become like family. I've learned so much in my 7 years at Phoenix and experienced a lot of growth and opportunities in my time here. Great culture, great work-life balance, great environment to work in and most importantly the best group of people to work with.
Pros
Personal Office, Great Location, Awesome colleagues, Staff Functions
Being with the company for 10 years, I was fortunate to manage 2 divisions including implementing a new division and had the pleasure to work with every employee at Phoenix. Each new position allowed me the opportunity to learn and gain deeper understand of the company’s structure, operations, and values. Every new title meant new set of responsibilities, different challenges, but I was also compensated accordingly and have had 3 salary increases (great example of promoting within the company). Management invests a lot of time and resources to train its staff internally and through courses and certifications as they are the face of the company and Phoenix’s core objective is to provide superior customer service to its clients. Being a 365 days a year business is a demanding industry but our company is a Family owned business and I feel that Phoenix employees are a family, supporting one another even when not within your department. From Quarterly Birthday Breakfasts, to Family Day Celebration, Summer events, Winter events, Christmas parties , Phoenix goes above and beyond in creating a Family environment in a work setting, not to mention the company have never laid of a single employee in its 37 years. I take pride in being a member of the Phoenix Family.
Pros
Promoting and advancement within the company, quarterly birthday breakfasts, employee milestones recognitions, seasonal company events, family like culture and atmosphere
Cons
Being a 365 days a year business, someone is always working even after hours, but that is standard in the restoration industry
Phoenix offers opportunities for innovative people with a positive attitude and a desire to consistently offer a gold standard of customer service. We work as a team and rank communication as one the most important elements of our industry. We are a family oriented business and offer a respectful equal opportunity work environment. Phoenix Restorations has been in business for over 37 years and has never experienced layoffs. Great place to start and build a career in restorations.
Pros
Many family social events
Over the 8 years I have worked at Phoenix Restorations I have not only seen the growth of the company but also of individuals who have been able to advance in their careers. Management is always looking at the potential of the employees and in-house promotions are always happening. With the Project Management Teams over half of those team members came from our field of technicians. Within the field our technicians are consistently being promoted to a higher level.

The owner of Phoenix Restorations is always in touch with his employees and lets us all know how important we are all are to the Company but knows that family comes first.

Phoenix Restorations is constantly looking at ways to become better than it already is. They acknowledge mistakes happen and once recognized move quickly to rectify the situation.

If you are looking for career at a company that is respected within the industry and has potential for growth Phoenix Restorations is for you.
Phoenix Restorations is a great place to work. You are treated with respect and fairness and are expected to treat all employees, customers, etc. with the same. Management is always open to discussions and ideas, Phoenix treats you as part of a family and takes genuine interest in your health and work life balance. There are those, (ex employees as per some below), that feel raises should be given with time served, not abilities or accomplishments. To those I would say good luck in your future endeavours, and good luck to your future employer. Phoenix pays is within industry standards and they always recognise and reward hard work. Phoenix also stands behind their work to customers more than any company I have ever worked for. They often go far beyond what should be required of them.
Understandably, restoration is not for everybody, however, Phoenix has given me a chance to grow and move up in this industry when I felt as though I had hit a wall. Don't believe the "no wage increases" "no family life". Every day I hear from management that family comes first. I personally had 2 wage increases in my first year and within my 2 year anniversary, moved up to Jr. Project Manager. Sure, some days are better than others but the team here helps you get through it.
If your a motivated individual who doesn't mind touching it out to start, then yes, this place is a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Personable staff/ get to spend time with my family/ growth
Cons
No covered smoking area... my office doesnt look outside
This is a great place to work. Not a day goes by where I don't look back at my day with pride. This company offers tremendous opportunities for growth to those willing to learn and work hard. I started in Contents and have worked my way up to be part of a great Project Management Team. The family atmosphere and TEAM mentality here is both uplifting, and a driving force to push yourself to be the best version of you. Management is always here to lend an ear and to inspire you to continue towards your professional goals, whatever they may be. Each day is filled with mini-milestones that may be personal and/or TEAM oriented. If you are willing to work hard to achieve great things with your TEAM, this is the place for you!
Pros
TEAM atmosphere, Group of extremely hard workers who believe in what we do
Growth opportunities galore, family dynamics, competitive wages, empathetic management team, monthly celebration breakfasts, true grit employees. Love
Pros
celebration, growth opportunities
Cons
very busy
This company gives none of what they mention in their ad for work, the turnover rate of this company is apauling and their management is filled with over entitled children who are more interested in letting you know they’re the bosses than actually showing that they’re professionally in charge.
Pros
Hours are there when there’s work
Cons
No respect for employees, hardly any raises
This is a horrible place to work. The coworkers are mean, and you work your butt off for very little pay. You get "promoted" with extra tasks, but no extra pay. DO NOT apply here, unless you want to be miserable.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch sometimes
Cons
Overworked but underpayed, no raises, mean coworkers, horrible boss/not managed very well