Phoenix Restorations Employee Reviews

Great team environment with lots of opportunity for growth
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2019
Worked with an amazing team of positive people that have become like family. I've learned so much in my 7 years at Phoenix and experienced a lot of growth and opportunities in my time here. Great culture, great work-life balance, great environment to work in and most importantly the best group of people to work with.
Pros
Personal Office, Great Location, Awesome colleagues, Staff Functions
Outstanding company and amazing people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 March 2019
Being with the company for 10 years, I was fortunate to manage 2 divisions including implementing a new division and had the pleasure to work with every employee at Phoenix. Each new position allowed me the opportunity to learn and gain deeper understand of the company’s structure, operations, and values. Every new title meant new set of responsibilities, different challenges, but I was also compensated accordingly and have had 3 salary increases (great example of promoting within the company). Management invests a lot of time and resources to train its staff internally and through courses and certifications as they are the face of the company and Phoenix’s core objective is to provide superior customer service to its clients. Being a 365 days a year business is a demanding industry but our company is a Family owned business and I feel that Phoenix employees are a family, supporting one another even when not within your department. From Quarterly Birthday Breakfasts, to Family Day Celebration, Summer events, Winter events, Christmas parties , Phoenix goes above and beyond in creating a Family environment in a work setting, not to mention the company have never laid of a single employee in its 37 years. I take pride in being a member of the Phoenix Family.
Pros
Promoting and advancement within the company, quarterly birthday breakfasts, employee milestones recognitions, seasonal company events, family like culture and atmosphere
Cons
Being a 365 days a year business, someone is always working even after hours, but that is standard in the restoration industry
Great company with amazing people
Director of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam BC Canada10 March 2019
Phoenix offers opportunities for innovative people with a positive attitude and a desire to consistently offer a gold standard of customer service. We work as a team and rank communication as one the most important elements of our industry. We are a family oriented business and offer a respectful equal opportunity work environment. Phoenix Restorations has been in business for over 37 years and has never experienced layoffs. Great place to start and build a career in restorations.
Pros
Many family social events
Great Family Owned Business
Director of Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC7 March 2019
Over the 8 years I have worked at Phoenix Restorations I have not only seen the growth of the company but also of individuals who have been able to advance in their careers. Management is always looking at the potential of the employees and in-house promotions are always happening. With the Project Management Teams over half of those team members came from our field of technicians. Within the field our technicians are consistently being promoted to a higher level.

The owner of Phoenix Restorations is always in touch with his employees and lets us all know how important we are all are to the Company but knows that family comes first.

Phoenix Restorations is constantly looking at ways to become better than it already is. They acknowledge mistakes happen and once recognized move quickly to rectify the situation.

If you are looking for career at a company that is respected within the industry and has potential for growth Phoenix Restorations is for you.
Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 November 2018
Company atmosphere is toxic and the amount of people that have resigned in one year is appalling from the staff to technicians. No real appreciation for work completed nor no real bonus or salary raises. Broken promises of promotion but no career growth as management attempts to bully employees. Phoenix plays the sleaze game to get work from property management companies but no real level of quality of service. The training provided by the company is cost saving as the company doesn’t want to invest in you but rather bill you out. The high employee turnover and unexpected expectations results in a not so good environment to work in. Please ignore the 5 star rating as these are marketing representatives filling out this to attract new recruits to take advantage of.
Pros
People are good that work there but are leaving the company now
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, no work life balance, unrealistic expectations
Great people, great team atmosphere, with advancement opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 March 2018
Phoenix Restorations is a great place to work. You are treated with respect and fairness and are expected to treat all employees, customers, etc. with the same. Management is always open to discussions and ideas, Phoenix treats you as part of a family and takes genuine interest in your health and work life balance. There are those, (ex employees as per some below), that feel raises should be given with time served, not abilities or accomplishments. To those I would say good luck in your future endeavours, and good luck to your future employer. Phoenix pays is within industry standards and they always recognise and reward hard work. Phoenix also stands behind their work to customers more than any company I have ever worked for. They often go far beyond what should be required of them.
Great place to learn
Jr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 March 2018
Understandably, restoration is not for everybody, however, Phoenix has given me a chance to grow and move up in this industry when I felt as though I had hit a wall. Don't believe the "no wage increases" "no family life". Every day I hear from management that family comes first. I personally had 2 wage increases in my first year and within my 2 year anniversary, moved up to Jr. Project Manager. Sure, some days are better than others but the team here helps you get through it.
If your a motivated individual who doesn't mind touching it out to start, then yes, this place is a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Personable staff/ get to spend time with my family/ growth
Cons
No covered smoking area... my office doesnt look outside
Don't waste your time
Project teaam member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam BC8 March 2018
I enjoyed working with most of the people there but that's it. Salaries are terrible for the work you do. Promises of promotions that never happen, highest turnover I've ever seen (24 people quit in only one year), when ppl quit, you get the extra work which makes your work load heavier all the time cause someone always quits. Management is one of the worst I've seen with threatening termination, putting you down and bullying to almost every person there all the time. Team bonuses and not divided up fairly when all members on the team's did the same amount of work. They clovk watch your every move. Don't leave work 1 minute before your shift ends or you'll hear about it. Don't ever effect a raise unless you tell them titre quoting then they are willing to pay you more or promote you. Don't waste any part of your life here and don't believe the made up "good reviews" on here.
Pros
Quarterly breakfast
Cons
Way too many to list.
Opportunities for each individual.
Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 January 2018
This is a great place to work. Not a day goes by where I don't look back at my day with pride. This company offers tremendous opportunities for growth to those willing to learn and work hard. I started in Contents and have worked my way up to be part of a great Project Management Team. The family atmosphere and TEAM mentality here is both uplifting, and a driving force to push yourself to be the best version of you. Management is always here to lend an ear and to inspire you to continue towards your professional goals, whatever they may be. Each day is filled with mini-milestones that may be personal and/or TEAM oriented. If you are willing to work hard to achieve great things with your TEAM, this is the place for you!
Pros
TEAM atmosphere, Group of extremely hard workers who believe in what we do
Great Final Destination
Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 January 2018
Growth opportunities galore, family dynamics, competitive wages, empathetic management team, monthly celebration breakfasts, true grit employees. Love
Pros
celebration, growth opportunities
Cons
very busy
Overall a terrible place to work
Water Damage Technician (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 December 2017
This company gives none of what they mention in their ad for work, the turnover rate of this company is apauling and their management is filled with over entitled children who are more interested in letting you know they’re the bosses than actually showing that they’re professionally in charge.
Pros
Hours are there when there’s work
Cons
No respect for employees, hardly any raises
No work/life balance and high turn over rate.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 November 2017
As a previous reviewer mentioned, no raise given in the company. No work/life balance and high turn over rate. Favoritism in the office and no real professionalism.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Overworked and Underpaid
Admin (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 October 2017
As a previous reviewer mentioned, good luck getting a raise at this company. The managers make you feel terrible if you need to take any time off. No work/life balance and high turn over rate.
Pros
Free breakfast sometimes
Cons
Long hours, terrible management
Horrible place to work!! Stay away from here!!!
Administrative Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 September 2017
This is a horrible place to work. The coworkers are mean, and you work your butt off for very little pay. You get "promoted" with extra tasks, but no extra pay. DO NOT apply here, unless you want to be miserable.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch sometimes
Cons
Overworked but underpayed, no raises, mean coworkers, horrible boss/not managed very well