Phoenix Petroleum Ltd Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC17 August 2017
start time seven am, was able to achieve several certificate , boat testing one a moth was nice in the good weather , morning meeting are a good working tool. coworkers are all great to work with everyone on the same page and have same work ethic
Pros
good hours
Cons
short contract
Challenging position
Project Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Typical day consists of coming in to a refinery setting dealing with crew and contractors to coordinate tank lot containment projects. Making/adjusting schedules and presenting to management and clients along with estimates for new projects. Searching and vetting new contractors to bring on site. Ensuring their safety and performance records are in line with our own standards.

I have increased my time management and negotiation skills, also I have learned to be more efficient and put my organizational skills to good use.

Management consists of the site superintendent who reports directly to the president/owner given that its a privately owned company.

Coworkers are very close knit and tend to socialize outside of workplace which makes for lasting relationships and a solid networking base.

Hardest part of job is collaborating with coworkers and contractors to ensure maximum efficiency. Also, safety is absolute number one priority on site which makes for stressful situations when ensuring all crew and contractors on site are adhering to these strict standards. High number of incidents can lead to being removed from site, lost contracts, high pressure from upper management/owner.

Most enjoyable part of my job would be crunching numbers for upcoming or current projects and searching for optimal contractor to do certain jobs on site. You are able to work with a variety of talented trades people and business owners on achieving a common goal. This also serves as a great networking base and allows you to build and maintain lasting business relationships.
Pros
Free lunches some Friday's
Cons
6 day work week/long hours during peak season