Phoenix Petroleum Ltd

Phoenix Petroleum Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

Relaxed and Comfortable Environment

Enjoyed my time with this company and would still probably be there if not for Covid 19. I was able to work effectively on my own with minimal supervision but did receive appropriate support when I needed it. Would gladly work with them again!

Pros

Flexible schedule and minimal supervision.

Cons

Contract work.

Worse case scenario work here

Very interesting projects in a growing sector. Old boys club. Disgruntled employees at all levels. Turnover is constant. Lower end of pay for all employees. You will be lucky to get someone on a phone, when you do, it will be lip service. Overworked salaried employees without overtime. Higher ups will never be happy with your results. Work here at last resort.

Insights into Phoenix Petroleum Ltd

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

London ON needs a new Manager

Company and head office in NB as a whole is excellent, supportive and nice. Helps you through anything, someone's always available. Manager in London is a thieving scum bag. But the company is great

Good Company in General

Great pay but very little support. Excellent Manager who thinks of his people just not enough resources to help you through some of the job requirements.

Exciting work environment with many opportunities to travel & work

Phoenix Petroleum provides an exciting work environment, with projects happening all across Canada and throughout the Caribbean. This provides great opportunities for those who wish to travel & work simultaneously. In contrast, you spend a lot of time away from your home, which is something to consider. Interactions with management personnel are good. All of them wish to provide you with whatever you need to work as safely and productively as possible. Phoenix is a great foster for employees who are ambitious and multi-skilled, with competitive wages for labor and skilled trades. Safety is a top priority on all of Phoenix's work fronts, Project Managers and Supervisors are very safety conscientious and go the extra mile to look out for your well-being.

Pros

Travel, Competetive wages, Group benefits, Opportunity for growth and improvement

Cons

Some long hours, Long rotations away from home, No pension or RRSP matching for labor or skilled trades

Always opportunity to learn more and update skills

Excellent opportunities to grow our knowledge and update skills. Phoenix Petroleum Ltd. is a learning environment and always willing to help further education inside and outside the company.

Pros

flexibility, easy to get to, busy atmosphere

good place to work

start time seven am, was able to achieve several certificate , boat testing one a moth was nice in the good weather , morning meeting are a good working tool. coworkers are all great to work with everyone on the same page and have same work ethic

Pros

good hours

Cons

short contract

Challenging position

Typical day consists of coming in to a refinery setting dealing with crew and contractors to coordinate tank lot containment projects. Making/adjusting schedules and presenting to management and clients along with estimates for new projects. Searching and vetting new contractors to bring on site. Ensuring their safety and performance records are in line with our own standards. I have increased my time management and negotiation skills, also I have learned to be more efficient and put my organizational skills to good use. Management consists of the site superintendent who reports directly to the president/owner given that its a privately owned company. Coworkers are very close knit and tend to socialize outside of workplace which makes for lasting relationships and a solid networking base. Hardest part of job is collaborating with coworkers and contractors to ensure maximum efficiency. Also, safety is absolute number one priority on site which makes for stressful situations when ensuring all crew and contractors on site are adhering to these strict standards. High number of incidents can lead to being removed from site, lost contracts, high pressure from upper management/owner. Most enjoyable part of my job would be crunching numbers for upcoming or current projects and searching for optimal contractor to do certain jobs on site. You are able to work with a variety of talented trades people and business owners on achieving a common goal. This also serves as a great networking base and allows you to build and maintain lasting business relationships.

Pros

Free lunches some Friday's

Cons

6 day work week/long hours during peak season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Petroleum Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement