PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL Employee Reviews

Pays well, lots of work
Mechanical Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 February 2014
Phoenix Ind. attracts people from all aspects of construction to assemble good teams.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
long hrs
Worst I've ever worked for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Nexen Kinosis8 December 2013
Don't work for these guys. Their HR will lie to you about everything from start date to actual shift length(they like to short shift you so they don't have to pay travel) and what camp you are in. Also they will down grade your camp once you do a shift. Every person there complained they don't get pay stubs, they tax the live out they pay for placing you in an awful camp, and little to no safety. They don't care what's going on in your personal life. They have one foreman for 30 guys. This is the worst company I've ever worked for in Alberta, never work for them.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Dont give a **** about their workers at all.
Productive, Fun Family Atmosphere
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2013
Everyone is very Helpful and fun to work with
Hardest part of the Job is trying to get quality Documents from the Client.
Most enjoyable part of the Job is the people I work with.
Pros
the People I work with
Cons
the Travel cost to come to work
Thrown "Under-The-Bus".....
Skilled Trades (Former Employee) –  Harvest Black Gold5 November 2013
Too many related people holding positions with inadequate field experience. Upper management onsite speaking in a derogatory fashion about most everyone and each other. Very, very low morale. Most seasoned journeymen quit after a short time, leaving the site with a majority of the entire crew being very unskilled people working in the field. Female employees are desired by onsite supervision to be potentially targeted for after shift companionship.
Pros
Cons
Poor Morale, Inferiority Complexes, Skilled Trade Imposters, Poor Attitudes, etc.
Fun Place to work...
Leadhand Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB29 July 2013
Well organized and good to employees. Lots of work and everything was covered and planned accordingly.
Great
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB28 June 2013
Im very hard working & dedicated to my job. Very family oreintated company.
Good crew.
Assisting welders and pipefitters (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB21 May 2013
Not a bad place to work for. I enjoyed working with everyone, most of the crew was good for training me. They stook me with one grumpy welder to train me, and he turned out to be the best at what he does in north alberta, glad he taught me what he did.
Work slowed down and there was no hope in sight for a while of it picking up, but thats not phoenix's fault. Overall the job was good.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
high turnover rate
Great rate of pay. Initially great to start, saw some management and foremen take the fall for others errors.
Third Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 May 2013
I wished the job hadn't ended as soon as it did for me. Worked with a lot of great people and the workforce there was second to none. I think the job may have been micro-managed a little to much.
Pros
Initially some barbeques and draws for prizes
Cons
inconsistent rules and a seeming lack of inspiration from management
overtime galore
2nd year steamfitter/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku Mod yard23 April 2013
lots of money to be made, but coming home to spend more time at home was an error in thinking. worked loads more overtime.
Rewarded for your work ethics
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 March 2013
learned more on the tools for the crib
met alot of nice people
Co-workers were awesome
Pros
great wages and a very fair company
Cons
contract ended
Great atmosphere, good supervision
Welding Foreman/Floating Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 November 2012
Highly reccommend persons to work for Phoenix. I quite enjoyed working my way up the ladder and hope to continue upwards. The craft personel are highly qualified and have a great attention to detail. Everyone is wonderful to work with!
Pros
paid travel, better than union pay, bonus gift cards for no accidents or incidents, free lunches