PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL

PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Well established fast paced environment
It's been a great experience working here for the 2.5 years employed. I've learned so much and continue to grow on a daily basis. Overall a well structured company.
Great place to work!
Working at Phoenix Industrial is one of the best jobs I have. Management is open to feedback and suggestions to make processes better. Quick turnaround , very responsive to clients and employees, friendly staff, great safety culture. Great talent retention.
Collaborative Workplace
This company is extremely organized and process driven; that being said, when breakdowns in those processes are found, management is quick to find ways to resolve it and streamline the process. Management is supportive of employees learning what they need to do their jobs properly and support the necessary training. You also feel like your voice is heard and that you can have an impact on how things run.

It's nice to have a place where you can work hard & have some laughs too.
Very happy that I got the opportunity to work here. Been a great 2 + years.
One of the best companies I have worked for in my 20 years of employment. it has a family atmosphere and my co-workers are the best I have worked with.
Busy Mod yard
Great place to work with all the tools and equipment needed for the job. Very busy working environment with multiple trades in a area at once. Good experience
Phoenix is a great company to work for. I’ve an opportunity to work with talented co-workers and the leadership. Communication is quick and precise. We use systems that enable quick turnaround for client requirements. Healthy and Safety is paramount for Phoenix and especially during these unprecedented times, we are kept up to date on a regular basis. Overall I love my work and enjoy working with the people here.
Great company!
Phoenix are very understanding when it comes to family life. They have a "family comes first" mentality.
Phoenix are very professional when dealing with difficult situations such as COVID-19. They handled this situation with class to help keep their employees healthy and keep the work going!
Great Place to Work
Phoenix is a great place to work. In my time with them, I feel my contributions have been valued by both my peers and management. It is a great fit for my skills and work ethic.
Company has become like family
Employees are treated very fairly and work is collaborative. One of the best companies I have worked for in my career. Ownership takes an interest in ensuring the safety culture is at the upmost importance to ensure everyone goes home safe daily. They have put in extra measures to ensure the safety of all workers with COVID-19 pandemic.
Not open to suggestions
Working in this company for a short period of time i have noticed that they are not willing to enhance the way they do things. There are suggestions from different people with lots of experience to make things easier and simple but the company is not willing to change things.
Organized work place
Stress Free and Nice to work with Individuals including the management. They are open to suggestions. Practical suggestions are taken into consideration and implemented.
Mediocrity and Non-stop Office Drama
Looking back at when I used to work at Pheonix’s corporate location...It could only be summarized as absolutely horrible. In the corporate office, managers would throw tantrums on a daily basis, scream and yell at each other while demanding you to do more and more without honouring what they promised you even in writing. If you are good at what you do, you will be exploited while you watch management promote their favourites who sit there and do maybe 1/3 of what you do. Absolute joke of a corporate office, I hear it is better in the field but I cannot confirm that as I did not work out in the field.
Was a good experience
They moved me through all the positions right to the end of the project. I got to meet with and work with a lot of other tradesmen and women. I can't complain it was a good job.
Organized/Efficient Workplace
During my first day of training I was impressed by the tailored processes and procedures Phoenix has in place. May not sound like much, but coming from a newer company that hadn't quite grasped the value of organization, I was excited. Like most project based work in the construction/oil & gas industries, a typical day is fast-paced with frequent challenges to tackle, a pro to me. All-in-all, I was able to both utilize my strengths and gain transferable skills.

PROs:

Fast- paced, fair wages, steady work for dedicated individuals, supportive teams, "MOST" managers remove obstacles, not cause them.

CONs:

Like most organizations, if you're good at your job and driving results, you may be frustrated by and/or overloaded due to employees that have managed to hide the fact they aren't. All companies need to try to be more cognizant of these individuals as it can/will disengage your best employees.
you are not valued here
Treated like dirt. They have their chosen base crew that watches everything and run in the office to rat you out if you say something negative. Watch what you say and who you talk to ! Constantly being reminded that you are here now but maybe not tomorrow. Revolving door for people coming and going.
Be a mindless follower and this is the company for you
Management is comprised of workers who have been promoted by friends and family. They promoted laziness and focus on hiring vulnerable workers they can bully and push around.

Do nothing and you will succeed

There is as many HR as there are workers

Will be told you are lucky you have a job on a daily basis
Pros
A job
Cons
Management poor, HR is a joke
Fun working with other worker in dismantling of steel beam. Bring down all factory equipment to ground
Dismantling of steel beam with iron workers.assist iron worker with the safety of equipments and environmental site. there are other workers in the company
bonne entreprise
Journée de travaille passionnante avec beaucoup de diversité.
Ambiance de travaille motivante.Rencontre de différente culture.
Pros
salaire
Cons
Lentreprise a fermé ces portes
good place to work
pheonix is a good place to work. I get to learn so many things. It helps me to built my experience. Phoenix has a good environment. All staff is friendly and helps wherever there is a need.
working in camp sucks
Nobody enjoys camp in the middle of nowhere. Well I didn't anyways. The plant itself was new with lots of work, out at Kinosis about an hour south of fort mac
Pros
camp food was good
Cons
camp food was really bad
great place to work
i enjoyed my time there and the work was always steady. was a great environment. and they respected their workers. and was well organized with work and on site