Phoenix Building Components

Phoenix Building Components Employee Reviews

A typical day would be spent doing roof and floor layouts for quotation or orders. A lot of problem solving and juggling required as a result of company not taking quality control seriously, this resulted in a very stressful work environment. I enjoy designing trusses, but problems created by poor quality made it a tough job.
Pros
designing trusses is fun and challenging
Cons
lack of support from senior management
They suck you in at first very nice then there all against you so you ask someone or anybody about wages hey it’s up to them if they want to respond or not all false hopes not like your moving up in this company they have very poor equipment trucks and trailers always breaking down all liars at this place:(
Official response from Phoenix Building Components
19 June 2020
Law of attraction.....you get back what you give. Having a positive attitude in any employment setting would be more of a benefit to an employee than a negative attitude.Hope you have better luck in your future endeavors.
Awesome supervisors and leads. In touch with their employees understanding .knowledge of job and make learning skills easy . Available at any time to help.
Atmosphere was awesome... everyone tries to work with you and tells you whats going on its a great workplace to be.. everyone is super fun and cool to work with.. and management is pretty laid back as well
Great place to work if you are a white man. Whatever you do don't confide to HR (which consists of 1 gatekeeper) about Racist/Sexist Toxic Environment or you will be FIRED!!!
Day shift gets treated like God's night shift gets treated like we are lazy like they do more work then day shift does and still gets treated like trash
Come on down your the next contistant on stand for cash Just show up they will pay you cash for nothing Not good at something they will move you somewhere else I stood around with a guy for 3 weeks and we did absolutely nothing and it was a one person job. I wish I didn't get fired because that was the easyiest job I ever had. Don't believe what hr tells you about bonuses because there are none. Guys were saying that they hadn't seen bonus in 8-9 months so don't let them pry you in with that. People are constantly getting hurt. When I was standing around there they said there was 4 or 5 guys off on WSIB claims. I'll miss Phoenix.
Pros
Watching people get hurt or standing around barking at others
Cons
My uncomfortable footwear should of got some dr schols
Worked there for five years with only 2 pay reviews. They promise a review every 3 to 12 months but never do them on time. HR is a joke she comes in once a week and is only there for an hour or two. She prefers to stay at the other office. Bonus is a joke, unless you get to write your down time which they don’t take into account since they don’t want to pay you bonus! Also when you leave the company they Cancel every bonus cheque you’ve earned but haven’t received yet.
Pros
Good in between job, coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else
Excellent management, great coworkers. Good place to be aslong as youre willing to work. Monthly bonuses based on production are a great incentive for this
. Phoenix Building Components has a revolving door of employees and there is a reason for this. Management will not address the problems with deficiencies effectively and bats a blind eye to the many non-compliant and safety issues which ultimately can put employees at risk. More work for less pay is the standard catch phase with this employer. Before accepting a job with this company i suggest you do your research. Make certain you have everything in writing regarding the production and attendance bonuses they try to draw you in with, and do not trust human resources to look out for the safety and health of their employees.
Pros
Cons
a culture of nepotism and cronyism
Always issues here machines break down constantly Intimedating staff and management I didn't I feel safe in the envirenment no training if you get something wrong they yell at you. Always someone tattling on you for listening to music No cell phone time allowed Pay is low and no one nos how bonuses work or what you get. Favertism happens all the time. Not a safe envirenment
Cons
Too many to list
During my time working for Phoenix I had a blast. Great group of people that made going to work fun.I was happy to be able to work there while I did. Would recommend if you are willing to work hard and work steady hours
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Hard work
Worse place ever. It's like a high school environment. If they like you your in if not watch your back. Bonuses are horrendous. They tell you you'll make all this extra money but you won't. They are relying on what happened 5-10 years ago. Builders make out like they are your friends then backstab you every chance they get. Very negative environment. They make it seem like they are doing more then what they are. They are slapping trusses together.
Pros
Bring your own equipment
Cons
Too many to list
High turn over rate, harder to keep and find solid employees. The steady employees only wish for faster efficiency. High pace environment was the best part of the job. Low level management was also a positive.
Pros
few strong employees and good low level management
Cons
pay for heavy work because its considered factory work instead of construction.
working a phoenix was gret the people were awesome the management was great, just the location was too much after one of my co workers had found a new job unfortunately he was also my ride.
Pros
Gaining great working experience
Cons
* drive to work, at 3:30pm get there at 4:15pm *Get my work boots on *Punch in( clock in) and start my job as a plate assembler for trusses putting the plates in boxes finish jobs that need to be picked for the trust builders
Pros
work for the best truss building company in Canada, the people
Cons
unsafe work areas in place
If you decided that you want to drive for this company I would think twice. There equipment is less then par. The dispatch/ supervisor does not care for you or the the equipment. HR is never there which will not help you when you have a issue. If you decided to work for this company remember your always wrong. If you value your cvor and abstract I suggest do not go here for a job. However if you like to get pulled in at every MTO site and at the border this job is for you. Enjoy the tickets, if you let the company take care of it you will end up witha very bad cvor. Do no trust this company!!!!!
The company pays labours $12/hr for 12 hour long shifts. Granted you get what seems like a 3 day weekend if on night crew but you spend most of your Friday catching up on sleep. Your work is hard and at a very pressed fast pace, and balancing work life during the week with your home life is near impossible with start and finish times of 4:30pm - 4:30am, leaving you little time to do much during your wake time. This job is defiantly an in between jobs kinda place, you won't want to stay long for the small incentive they offer, which is a possible $500/month production bonus that depends on your entire crews performance, and the $0.80/hr attendance bonus which tells you they have a hard time keeping employees. All and all a sound company from the out side but on the inside of those doors you have alcoholics and drug users as I have noticed on my breaks. These poor souls probably driven there by the soul crushing job that is Phoenix building co.
Pros
Perfect for a single man with no life expectations
Cons
Everything else
the drivers are friendly and always willing to help. The job is all flat bed work with 95% being oversized loads.
typical day would start by doing inventory and helping customers.
Leave my house by 3:30pm and get hame after 4:30am depending on traffic.I learned not to get comfortable with a poor company.The management was terrible,I cant believe the way they treat theyre workers.My co-workers were great.I loved working with them.The hardest part of the job was not having a life outside of work.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I learned my lesson.
Pros
my car pool
Cons
management&my hard work ethic not getting me anywhere