PHMG

PHMG Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Alright at best

It's okay if you're coming out of college, but other than that, it's not worth it. Compensation is not worth the amount of hours that you put into it to be successful.

Head down and work

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough

Pros

Cons

12 hour days

One of the best jobs I've had

People in the Chicago office are great. Managers are usually helpful and understanding. Job pays well. Not really any job advancement. Lots of travel means less time at home. Sometimes you have to drive 6+hrs a day. I would average 1k miles per week. Company paid for hotel stays, food, gas, rental vehicle (which is nice). Overall good company, would work for them again.

Pros

Great pay and people.

Cons

If you hate driving this is not for you.

Hard work and very friendly @ PHMG

The environment at PHMG is very hard working and dynamic. They always endeavour to give back to the staff, we have some fantastic benefits including gym membership and music lessons! I have found that people in all departments within the company are as equally happy to help as the other which makes work life so much easier within a business of this size. My experience has been incredibly positive, I would strongly recommend a role here if you want to grow and work with a growing global organisation that cares.

Great place to start a career

I have been working at PHMG for several years and I cannot think of another place comparable to this. The staff are heavily rewarded with opportunities to earn extra money with constant commission and incentive bonuses throughout the weeks and months. There are countless amounts of perks to keep the staff motivated which range from free gym memberships down to a bar and a games room in the office. There are simply too many perks to list here, but when you look at all of those that have been implemented, it is quite clear that the company heavily invest in resources to keep the team's morale high. To put PHMG in a nutshell, if you work hard then you will be rewarded generously. If you are looking for a place to do the bare minimum, this place probably isn’t for you.

Pros

Great pay, mental health support, life insurance, amazing training and development, personal growth and progression opportunities, on-site barber and beauty salon, on-site car valet, healthy vending machines, entertainment room, free gym membership

Cons

Unable to work from home, low number of holidays, capped commission (not applicable to sales departments)

Unique company culture

PHMG has a very unique company culture, the organisation wouldn’t be the same without its employees. We enjoy a whole host of ‘PH Perks’ throughout the year, which are always welcome. Both Christmas and summer works dos are fantastic. As a copywriter, my role changes every day. One minute I’m writing about a car garage in America, the next it’s a hotel in the UK. The sectors we work in are so diverse, so it’s always an engaging experience. The company has recently introduced a comission scheme, rewarding the amount you write. The result is a healthy competitive environment.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Salary is one of the lowest for copywriters in the UK

PHMG is a GREAT Company to work for!!!

I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition). The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them. I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition

Progressive and exciting company who reward talent

I have worked at PHMG for 7 months and have found it to be an extremely professional and exciting company. There is a work hard, play hard culture and the company gives you everything you need to be able to achieve this balance. From a structured and fun training and introduction process to numerable company benefits such as a barber and beautician on site along with games rooms and a bar to cashback and company discounts. There are glamorous social events, regular team nights out and charity events to bond with your colleagues. This company recognises and rewards talent and hard work and there are lots of opportunities to progress. This company is growing quickly and there are exciting times ahead at PHMG.

A fantastic place for personal development as well as professional

Working at PHMG has allowed me to sharpen my creative skills, and then some. When I started over three years ago, I was barely able to confidently talk through ideas. I am now pitching creative ideas to some of the highest people in the company with conviction and assertiveness. Some of these ideas have helped shaped the business and its unique product, so it was great to have that trust distilled in an employee. The company pushes personal development as well as professional, which I also found to be very refreshing. Much like other reviews - I have to agree that one of the best things about the job is the people, especially those within the department. I have made great friends here. As far as the creative departments go, the company does a great job in hiring interesting and talented people. You get plenty of chances to socialise with them in the two lavish work events. A newly introduced discount programme is also a great perk of the job.

Pros

PH Perks, Great events, Great buzz about the company

Cons

Basic Salary, Limited progression within certain departments

A great place to work

I have worked for PHMG for almost 5 years and I have loved every minute. Yes the workload is demanding, however, PHMG really give back to their employees to maintain a really healthy working atmosphere. There are a number of small benefits ranging from pool tables and games consoles, to a Friday visit from an ice cream van in the summer. Over the past 5 years I have seen PHMG grow into a number of new territories across the globe, showing massive expansion in the company and the personnel. Despite this growth the standard of recruitment and ongoing management has ensured that the extremely high standards at PHMG have not slipped, whilst maintaining the same friendly and fun, but extremely professional atmosphere I have experienced from my very first day.

Pros

PH Perks, Two work events a year

Jobs at PHMG

See more jobs

One of a kind rewarding

Phmg is one of kind. The employees are all driven individuals with a diverse range of skills, making it a true pleasure to work for. I have been pushed further I knew possible and truly supported in doing so. Ph has a high level of standards with its hiring policy which enables them to seek the very best talent and create an thriving atmosphere in the office. I have been with phmg for over two years now and would highly recommend phmg to any driven individual.

Pros

benefits scheme and salaries

Cons

Places to eat locally

Great place to learn and gain experience quickly

PHMG is a great place to start your career. It throws you into the varied work quickly and you learn a lot and gain quite a lot of experience in a short time. The people in my department are all wonderful; fun, funny, interesting and talented, which is difficult to find especially in a department of so many. There are also a lot of great and friendly people in other departments.It's a good starting point for creatives, allowing you to flex your creative skills while strengthening them, though due to the nature of the product and work, it's only in one area. The wage is basic for the role, coming under many other jobs with similar roles. Having said that, there is a bonus scheme allowing you to earn more each month and the company perks are good, with two paid-for company parties a year, as well as store discounts and much more. It's a sales company so things can feel geared towards making money which can make the creative work feel undervalued, and it can feel like a bit of a boys' club. Overall, the experience in my department is a largely good one with some caveats that spread further into the company.

Pros

good people, good perks, bonus scheme, learn a lot quickly, good place to pick up experience, some creative flexibility, work on a lot of different companies and industries

Cons

basic salary, can feel like sales is above all else, can feel like a boys' club, only work on one type of product

A culture and ethos like no other

I was impressed on day 1 with the attention to detail they put into the academy in both its presentation and itinerary. The passion was apparent when each department head gave their pitch on the impact they had at PHMG. Seeing the bigger picture and switched on management was inspiring and showed what I was contributing to in my role. My biggest worry was the working hours, due to trading with all corners of the Earth calls for different shifts around the clock. Working for North America and a 1-10 shift was disconcerting at first but after speaking to the others on the team and being open-minded enough to try it the benefits became apparent. Having time to do your own thing in the mornings, and the sociable environment in the evenings became a lot of fun and quashed any doubt I had before. You do get out what you put in with PHMG, if you enjoy the job your figures will show. There are high standards and expectations on the numbers you present, but the subteams you are in are very encouraging and you'd make friends all over the office. You'll have heard work hard play hard before, and that is true here. Remember that whatever role you choose here makes a difference to the big picture; PHMG has a top product, top people, and a top culture.

Pros

Cons

Hours take getting used to

Fun yet serious work environment

A great position if you are just starting your career. Because so much of the work is completed as a team respect amongst coworkers is vital. The company provides a week long orientation so you know and understand every department that makes the business succeed.

Cons

low salary

vibrant, creative and expanding company to work for

Having worked for PHMG for over 4 years now I fell well placed to give an honest review of the environment and opportunities available here. I have spent most of my career in a corporate investment banking industry - and having moved to a private company in a creative industry pros and cons are to be expected. However, since the initial induction with the company - professionalism, passion, creativity and ambition is clearly evident in every department. A highly skilled sales team selling into markets throughout the world give clients a great introduction to the services on offer within PHMG. The copy and production team create genuinely world class productions, promoting clients USPs and products in the best way possible. Working within the retention and client support team I get to see first hand how impressed MDs/board members of companies that use us are with the results. The benefits are comprehensive and extensive, evolving each year - from work parties, money off vouchers, opportunity to travel throughout the world, many charity events you are encouraged to participate in etc. Hours can be long especially at peak times, and unexpected developments with clients needs make sure you can never really have an 'easy day' - but each day is different and makes sure you don't get stuck in a cycle. The company is consistently growing which gives good job security and the management team are approachable and have a strong vision for the future.

Pros

excellent benefits, proud UK company well recognised with various industry national awards, Brilliant employees to work with

Cons

work hard and be committed or PHMG will find someone who will be

Fantastic company

I've really enjoyed my experience working at PHMG, the people and the atmosphere all contribute towards a hard working but relaxed and fun environment. I have learnt a lot and developed myself since joining PHMG and there is plenty of opportunities to progress and experience different parts of the business as the company is always growing. PHMG prides itself on it's world class product and customer service, so interacting with clients and contributing towards that is a rewarding experience.You have to work hard but you're always rewarded for putting in the effort with great salaries and benefits. Management are very passionate about all aspects of the company and this feeds down to all of the teams and it's individuals, which creates a fantastic culture to be a part of.

Pros

Superb salaries and benefits, Great working environment, Summer Soiree/Christmas Party

A Great Place to Work

I have been with PHMG for 15 Months now and can honestly say I have never worked for a company that fulfils the "work hard play hard" philosophy more... At PHMG you really do get out what you put in. Everyone has a role to play and a department in which they work but it is one big team of hard working people striving for the best results for their customers. The people are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is always happy, positive and upbeat. The company benefits are generous and more are always being added as PHMG like to reward their staff with great salaries and great benefits. The company has a very professional appearance throughout it's premises providing a modern stylish comfortable working environment. PHMG rewards their staff for working hard and contributing to upholding PHMG as the World's Leading Audio Branding Agency as a Fantastic place to work.

Pros

Extensive Company Benefits, Great Salaries, Charitable Events, Summer Soiree, fantastic Christmas Parties, Company Bar

Cons

Annual Leave Entitlement could be more.

Loved working here

Worked here in sales for 4 years in the Manchester office. GrIeat atmosphere with the team, management training was ongoing and was a great learning curve for me. Targets were tough but achievable, and the money was well worth it. Would recommend.

Pros

PH Perks

Cons

Sometimes working hours but worth it for the reward

Good service, slightly over priced but good. They should have a policy where you either have to generate your own leads or you don't at all or give a uniformed percentage of how many you have to generate. The company ones weren't very good.

Pros

Good comission

Cons

Self generation of leads

Amazing workplace

PHMG has been a fun place for me to work .. if you put the hard work in you will see the benefits . I have worked here for over a year and half now and I have progressed in different job roles. I was given the opportunity to move into a more demanding job role and this was due to management believing in me.

Pros

Good commission, Friendly staff, Fun environment, PHMG perks each month / car wash / beauty treatments Free ice cream A lot of free alcohol incentives

Cons

No flexi hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement