PHMG

PHMG Management reviews

Clear

Fast paced and competitive. Sport and music culture orientated

During my 4 years at the company I worked in sales, account management and internal recruitment. I managed the internal recruitment for the London office and relocated to the Manchester HQ and have also been sent to the Chicago office as a top performer. The roles within the company are fast paced and competitive and there is a work hard, play hard culture. The hardest part of the recruitment roles are managing the recruitment process and managing hiring managers expectations. The most enjoyable part is hiring new talent, being responsible for their development and watching them grow and succeed within the business.

Pros

Long list or company perks, competitive environment, working for global leader

Cons

The overall culture and management styles, lack of HR

Not worth your time if you have a degree

If you have a college degree you can do far better than PHMG. Very little encouragement and work/life balance from management. Enjoy the free beer or two on Friday, because that's about as good as it gets.

Pros

Haha

Cons

Manager style

Avoid, avoid, avoid

The company is totally dominated by sales. Everything is sales. Whilst they try to make out that it's a creative agency with loads of amazing creative talent, internally the only people who matter are the salesmen. Yes men, not people. "Boys club" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Management actively enjoys and encourages infidelity. They want family men who drive fancy cars (oh yeah, once you hit a certain seniority you're "encouraged" to buy an expensive car) who sleep around with staff. No joke. Think Mad Men without the talent. You must arrive at a specific time, if you don't, you're punished - and I mean to the minute. There are set break times, again, to the minute. It's like being in school, not to mention the dress code. The pay, unless you're in sales, is dismal compared to other agencies. They target graduates who are desperate to get any job and are willing to take anything. It's a good starter job in that respect, but plan on moving within 6 months if you know what's good.The parties are fun, lavish, vapid, and very well "dusted" if you know what I mean. I met some great people there, but really that has nothing to do with the company itself.

Pros

Works with big brands which looks good on your CV when you apply to a new job

Cons

Too many to list

Not my bag

Company utilises terrible pay deals and the working practices are shady. Covid secure... well I didn't see any security. Felt intimidated to return to the office and put health at jeopardy.

Could be the best job in the US

Management is horrible they will use profanity towards you without a reason. They get off on embarrassing you. My manager never once gave me a review or words of appreciation. I'm a big boy I don't need that to perform but it's just further proof of the worse culture possible. The head guy in charge located in Chicago is plain pyshco. Its really a shame because the product is amazing, the sales process is phenomenal and the support staff is extremely knowledgeable. The pay is off the charts fair. With the right culture people would be lining up to work there and never leave. Hopefully one day they will figure that out but I could be starving and would never go back and I hit my numbers.

Pros

Sales process, pay and product

Cons

Culture is the worst on the planet

Nope

Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.

Not nice ppl to work for.

I would rather eat my owm head than work at ph media. The sales managers are on a constant power trip and the top sales ppl gave egos as big as planetary systems. I would work here in a gap year as a way of encourgaing someone to find a career they like in order tonnever have to set foot in a place like this

Hated it at PHMG, all about selling

They don't care about employees, it is all about them pushing you for sales and getting contracts. I wouldn't recommend a job here unless you like stress and poor pay without prospects.

Lots of Broken Promises

Let's start w training. You will spend almost a week on training, but really only half a day of that is on how to actually do the job. The rest of the week is about how great and innovative the company is, but really it's not. Once you are on the floor, you are left to sink or swim. No one will help you. They won't tell you this, but your expected to put in basically 12 hr days. You're looked down upon if you take a lunch or break. It's a very unprofessional environment, lots of screaming. I'm not saying they're sexist, but most women don't do well there. Only one woman was making good money during my time. Turnover is ridiculous. There's a reason they are always hiring, and have a large training classes every other week.

avoid

I was promised money, but for that youre expected to start working at 8am and not finish until gone 6pm. boys club with rife sexism and racist remarks. they seem to think theyre in the wolf of wall street. i was trained to lie to potential customers in order to make sales. 1980s sales techniques, poor management, no coaching, awful culture.Avoid PHMG like the plague.

Jobs at PHMG

See more jobs

Work, work, work

So I had only been at the company for 6 weeks when my time had come “the end of the road” I had some big family issues going on at home and after being asked constantly what was wrong I would say nothing. After being then brought in to a meeting I was assured I could say what the issue was and that I would get help that was needed as they “care for my welfare” and they would come back to me with some help! The next day I go in and was let go due to performance related issues I thought this was laughable as they say they give everyone the time they need to get to where they need to be they expect you to work constantly taking work home or coming in ridiculously early to source you do have people there who constantly hit targets who have been in the business for a long period of time but expecting you to get your targets almost immediately is outrageous pressure tactics from managers and belittling you informs of people is what some do threaten your job and your livelihood I was constantly told I didn’t want to be there and now looking back at the experience I could not be happier out of the company Think twice about PHMG who have hounded business across the UK for years and promise you the world with very little back! By the way things at home are better now but no thanks to you any help from you guys when you let me go That was the help I needed well done PHMG! Hope people actually read this and see what a shambles of the UK team is ran!

A Fun, Challenging, and Competitive Work Environment

I started with PHMG a little over 3 months ago, coming from an industry where one call closing was key. PHMG is a one call closer's dream job. There is no sourcing, cold calling, and very rarely do you end up in situations where the deal is not closable. The one thing the company has nailed is the collaboration between the inside sales team and business development, to where everything works as a well oiled machine. The recruiters do an amazing job of hiring the right people that create a culture of people that are passionate about not only winning but being the best, which creates great team bonds in all departments. With this, as with any sales position, it is a performance based business, so management expects results, which works well with me, because I love striving to be the best at everything that I do. And the best part of it all, is when you perform exceptionally, you are rewarded exceptionally with a very lucrative commission structure. Overall, if you have the mindset to strive to be the best, and love selling exceptionally great products, you will not only fit right in at PHMG, but you will succeed very quickly as well!

Rewarding

A rewarding company to be a part of, a hardworking office culture leads to many internal promotions and opportunities. Understanding and fair management helps the team lead a healthy work/life balance. Generous incentives put in place and targets to help reach your maximum potential. Training courses, work events and team nights as well as a long list of ‘PH Perks ‘create a fun and friendly environment to work in. Constant company expansion and change makes the role more interesting and keeps you on your toes. In summary, if you put the hard work in and show your ability, you will rewarded and valued.

Sociable

Sociable company culture. Great staff parties and own company bar. Help is always given when needed to help you improve within your role. No work life balance when working US hours and it’s not as fun working late night. Very understanding and accommodating to personal matters.

Pros

Training and help, understanding management.

Cons

Long unsociable hour working US shifts which is suitable to some.

A Winning Mentality! With a great Company Culture!

A great place to be if you are willing to do the work and want to be the best at what you do. I handle some of our biggest clients and brands. I lead myself on my customer service, expectation/relationship management, lead times, attention to detail, quality of work and ability to bring on new business consistently. If you do not have a winning mentality, strive for success, perfection and attention to detail in everything you do. Then this is not the place for you. A corporate yet creative atmosphere. I mean we are an Audio Branding/ Marketing Agency.

Pros

Company Perks, Colleagues, Working environment, Management, Commission structure

Cons

Long hours, must always meet all KPI's

Amazing benefits and salary with lots of hard work

An absolutely fantastic place to work. No two working days are the same, each bringing fresh challenges in a rewarding and positive atmosphere. Since starting in 2011 with no B2B sales experience whatsoever, I have been trained and helped to progress first to a Team Leader and then to a Sales Manager. It's been a pleasure working here, although very challenging at times. The managers are uniformly committed to improving company and individual staff performance, and as they are almost exclusively promoted from within, they have each built up the requisite skill sets to help their teams excel in their chosen areas. In a genuinely friendly but professional office culture, all employees have the opportunity to advance to senior management levels, if they are willing to put in the hard work. Whilst the Sales aspect of the job is certainly not easy, the financial incentives in place make it one of the most rewarding departments to work within. Not a company to work for if you are afraid of a challenge, but certainly one that will repay your efforts if you are willing to work hard improve daily.

Pros

Wages, accessible and approachable Directors, training, gym membership

Cons

Extra work outside office hours is essential to succeed

PHMG is a GREAT Company to work for!!!

I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition). The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them. I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition

Great company to work for

One of the most important things I was looking for when applying for a job was an interesting, ambitious work place but first and foremost a nice workspace. Working for PHMG has been a great experience so far. I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and seeing the people I work with. The company makes sure there's a great balance of hard work and an inspiring productive atmosphere, but there's also time for fun and rest. Don't get me wrong, if you're not wiling to give your best and push yourself to achieve top-grade results, or you can't be bothered with doing the job - this is not the place for you. We do work hard, but nobody will place unrealistic expectations on you, yet will help you to achieve your goals. Your colleagues or management will assist you, making sure you're performing at your top level. You might be wondering why there are only 4 stars in the specific sections of the review. Well, this is a company that is constantly striving for improvement, which is something I personally value greatly. It wouldn't be fair to rate everything as 5 stars as both myself as an individual, and the company I work for, believe you must constantly look for better ways to do your job or live your life. PHMG knows they're the best at what they do, but only because they never stop trying to be better.

A great place to work

I have worked for PHMG for almost 5 years and I have loved every minute. Yes the workload is demanding, however, PHMG really give back to their employees to maintain a really healthy working atmosphere. There are a number of small benefits ranging from pool tables and games consoles, to a Friday visit from an ice cream van in the summer. Over the past 5 years I have seen PHMG grow into a number of new territories across the globe, showing massive expansion in the company and the personnel. Despite this growth the standard of recruitment and ongoing management has ensured that the extremely high standards at PHMG have not slipped, whilst maintaining the same friendly and fun, but extremely professional atmosphere I have experienced from my very first day.

Pros

PH Perks, Two work events a year

A culture and ethos like no other

I was impressed on day 1 with the attention to detail they put into the academy in both its presentation and itinerary. The passion was apparent when each department head gave their pitch on the impact they had at PHMG. Seeing the bigger picture and switched on management was inspiring and showed what I was contributing to in my role. My biggest worry was the working hours, due to trading with all corners of the Earth calls for different shifts around the clock. Working for North America and a 1-10 shift was disconcerting at first but after speaking to the others on the team and being open-minded enough to try it the benefits became apparent. Having time to do your own thing in the mornings, and the sociable environment in the evenings became a lot of fun and quashed any doubt I had before. You do get out what you put in with PHMG, if you enjoy the job your figures will show. There are high standards and expectations on the numbers you present, but the subteams you are in are very encouraging and you'd make friends all over the office. You'll have heard work hard play hard before, and that is true here. Remember that whatever role you choose here makes a difference to the big picture; PHMG has a top product, top people, and a top culture.

Pros

Cons

Hours take getting used to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?