PHMG

PHMG Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.7Job security & advancement

You Get What You Give

Before being hired I was very impressed with PHMG. The high-rise office on the mag mile, everyone wearing suites, free snacks - it all seemed high end and luxurious. It all seems very nice on the surface but it wasn't until a few months in that I realized the situation I was in. Don't get me wrong, no one has ever treated me wrong or with disrespect at PH, everyone is extremely nice and more than willing to help. But sooner or later it's just going to be just you and your phone. This job is 100% cold calling from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45-5:30. When I first started I was given 100 recycled leads and about 10-15% (probably less) of those leads were quality. After you run through the new starter data in a week or two you will then be expected to source your own leads ON YOUR OWN TIME. That's my biggest issue with PHMG, you're expected to cold call high quality leads for the entire work day but those leads need to be generated either after work or if you decide to come in early. Generally, after being on the phone and staring at a computer for 8+ hours, the absolute LAST THING that I want to do when I get home is to stay in work mode and source data for an additional hour or two once you're off the clock. This job isn't for everyone which was made evident by the high rate of turnover starting with the new hires that realize they don't like the job within the first few weeks and continuing to some of the longer employed workers that just don't want to deal with the nonsense and politics anymore. This job is not hard by any means. It's quite easy to sit behind a desk all day and cold -

Pros

Friendly & Helpful Managment/Co-Workers and free snacks.

Cons

Lots of rejection, long hours

Not my bag

Company utilises terrible pay deals and the working practices are shady. Covid secure... well I didn't see any security. Felt intimidated to return to the office and put health at jeopardy.

One of the best jobs I've had

People in the Chicago office are great. Managers are usually helpful and understanding. Job pays well. Not really any job advancement. Lots of travel means less time at home. Sometimes you have to drive 6+hrs a day. I would average 1k miles per week. Company paid for hotel stays, food, gas, rental vehicle (which is nice). Overall good company, would work for them again.

Pros

Great pay and people.

Cons

If you hate driving this is not for you.

Opportunity for Career Growth

Lots of opportunity for Career Growth and a fun work environment. I was promoted 3 times in 3 years and gained lots of valuable and transferable experience.

Nope

Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.

Not nice ppl to work for.

I would rather eat my owm head than work at ph media. The sales managers are on a constant power trip and the top sales ppl gave egos as big as planetary systems. I would work here in a gap year as a way of encourgaing someone to find a career they like in order tonnever have to set foot in a place like this

Hard work and very friendly @ PHMG

The environment at PHMG is very hard working and dynamic. They always endeavour to give back to the staff, we have some fantastic benefits including gym membership and music lessons! I have found that people in all departments within the company are as equally happy to help as the other which makes work life so much easier within a business of this size. My experience has been incredibly positive, I would strongly recommend a role here if you want to grow and work with a growing global organisation that cares.

The best place I’ve ever worked

If you’re looking for a career, to progress and to be pushed to your fully potential, I recommend PHMG. I love working here and with the massive growth and change in the Client Services department, anyone that wants to be challenged should consider a role. They’re a progressive and forward thinking company that actively encourage its staff to seize opportunities in furthering their career with the company. I work with some of the nicest most driven and most talented people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and I think everyone’s commitment to their job speaks volumes of how much we all love working here.

Pros

Great perks - nights out, in house barber & beautician, free gym membership, bar in the office, too many to mention! / OTE are realistic / fun, young office

Cons

If you’re not willing to put in the work, this isn’t the place for you

The perfect place to start a long career

I joined PHMG straight out of university four years ago and I think that the fact I still love coming to work every day speaks volumes. Seeing how much the company has grown and evolved has been really exciting to watch, and I believe now it's the best it's ever been. They've recently opened a new wing in the Manchester office and all the creative teams now sit together for the first time. I only wish this had happened sooner, because the buzz on the floor is really exciting – and I already feel like our work is improving as a result. The perks on offer are great, and new ones are being introduced every year which makes me feel like my future is really being invested in. I do think that creative wages are still behind the rest of the company and this needs to be addressed to retain the talent in these teams. But overall, I think PHMG truly is the perfect place to start a career, and if you put in the hard work, you'll always be justly rewarded.

Cool.

Coolest place I ever worked but it was temporary and I was hired through some kind formality course. The staff are professional but jobs don't last there.

Jobs at PHMG

See more jobs

Rewarding

A rewarding company to be a part of, a hardworking office culture leads to many internal promotions and opportunities. Understanding and fair management helps the team lead a healthy work/life balance. Generous incentives put in place and targets to help reach your maximum potential. Training courses, work events and team nights as well as a long list of ‘PH Perks ‘create a fun and friendly environment to work in. Constant company expansion and change makes the role more interesting and keeps you on your toes. In summary, if you put the hard work in and show your ability, you will rewarded and valued.

Fun, creative environment!

I started at PHMG almost 4 years ago as a Junior Copywriter. I was really impressed by the talent of the creative department, but soon noticed most of my colleagues felt overlooked in favour of the more competitive sales side of the business. Still, the opportunities that PHMG offered for a copywriter made it more than worth everyone’s while to stick around, and the fun atmosphere that fuelled the department was an added bonus. As the company has grown, these opportunities have only got better, the team bigger, and the company a little more connected. As a department, we’ve gained experience writing for every industry imaginable – both in the UK and America, among other countries – including some pretty impressive brands. We’ve had more recognition for our role in the company, and there’s also a clearer path of progression – complemented by perks and parties that give the entire company an excuse to celebrate together every six months. While I still think there’s work to be done in terms of levelling the playing field and giving our senior writers reason to continue growing and developing in the company, PHMG is still a really great place to work – both for its opportunities and the people behind it.

Great place to be and a fun working environment.

I have worked at PHMG for nearly 2 years full time. I can honestly say that PHMG is the best company I have worked for. The directors and managers really invest in their staff. Pay and incentives are great. The harder you work the more your rewarded. There is great job security as we are ever expanding into new territories as the world's market leader in Audio branding. Over all a great company from top to bottom and can envisage myself being here for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Exellent progression, pay and working culture

Cons

If your not willing to work hard this company is not for you

Great place to work.

I have worked at PHMG for 2 and a half years and it's been an amazing journey. The culture of the company and the talented people I work along side are the reasons I work here, not to mention the earning potential and career progression. Like all interviews you have doubts especially when you are told the earning potential and career path available, I took a chance and it's paid off, high earnings and a number of promotions later I soon realised I was in the right place to strengthen my career.

Pros

High earnings and clear career paths.

Cons

Unsociable hours but you get use to them.

A good place to work

Well, it has been a while since I came to Manchester and to PHMG. I have to say that sometimes it has been difficult, getting used to another country, another way of life and culture, but also, it has been so exciting, enriching and fun. When I joined PHMG I already had a long experience behind me, the result of having worked for different companies before. Even so, I have grown both as a professional and as an individual here, participating in so many different and interesting projects, always using the latest available technology. Nowadays, I am still learning new things as the complexity of business processes increases along with the rapid expansion of the company. Anyway, what really makes the difference for me is the support I have always received, especially since my little one was born, as every day can be a challenge. PHMG understands the importance of family and definitely helps when you need it most.

PHMG is a GREAT Company to work for!!!

I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition). The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them. I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition

Progressive and exciting company who reward talent

I have worked at PHMG for 7 months and have found it to be an extremely professional and exciting company. There is a work hard, play hard culture and the company gives you everything you need to be able to achieve this balance. From a structured and fun training and introduction process to numerable company benefits such as a barber and beautician on site along with games rooms and a bar to cashback and company discounts. There are glamorous social events, regular team nights out and charity events to bond with your colleagues. This company recognises and rewards talent and hard work and there are lots of opportunities to progress. This company is growing quickly and there are exciting times ahead at PHMG.

Fun workplace with lots of opportunity to progress

The environment at PHMG is young, fun and modern, and the perks are incredible. From a branded ice cream van to their own in-house salon - PHMG is dedicated to gaining the complete satisfaction of its employees. I’ve been here for nearly two years and I personally think it’s a fantastic company to work for. It has provided me with lots of room to progress and learn within my career. And while sometimes the workload and targets can be demanding, you always get out what you put in. Couldn’t recommend the company more.

Pros

Lots of employee perks

Cons

High targets

A fantastic place for personal development as well as professional

Working at PHMG has allowed me to sharpen my creative skills, and then some. When I started over three years ago, I was barely able to confidently talk through ideas. I am now pitching creative ideas to some of the highest people in the company with conviction and assertiveness. Some of these ideas have helped shaped the business and its unique product, so it was great to have that trust distilled in an employee. The company pushes personal development as well as professional, which I also found to be very refreshing. Much like other reviews - I have to agree that one of the best things about the job is the people, especially those within the department. I have made great friends here. As far as the creative departments go, the company does a great job in hiring interesting and talented people. You get plenty of chances to socialise with them in the two lavish work events. A newly introduced discount programme is also a great perk of the job.

Pros

PH Perks, Great events, Great buzz about the company

Cons

Basic Salary, Limited progression within certain departments

Great place to learn and gain experience quickly

PHMG is a great place to start your career. It throws you into the varied work quickly and you learn a lot and gain quite a lot of experience in a short time. The people in my department are all wonderful; fun, funny, interesting and talented, which is difficult to find especially in a department of so many. There are also a lot of great and friendly people in other departments.It's a good starting point for creatives, allowing you to flex your creative skills while strengthening them, though due to the nature of the product and work, it's only in one area. The wage is basic for the role, coming under many other jobs with similar roles. Having said that, there is a bonus scheme allowing you to earn more each month and the company perks are good, with two paid-for company parties a year, as well as store discounts and much more. It's a sales company so things can feel geared towards making money which can make the creative work feel undervalued, and it can feel like a bit of a boys' club. Overall, the experience in my department is a largely good one with some caveats that spread further into the company.

Pros

good people, good perks, bonus scheme, learn a lot quickly, good place to pick up experience, some creative flexibility, work on a lot of different companies and industries

Cons

basic salary, can feel like sales is above all else, can feel like a boys' club, only work on one type of product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?